All Things Sports Media Thread!!

Who do yall think replaces Max? First person that comes to mind for me is Bomani. He's the only current ESPN personality with the wits to go face to face with Screamin A every day.

nah.. wouldn’t be a good fit

dominique could do it

bo needs his own thing give him a Dan Patrick/le batard type deal where it’s him and Shannon and then you have Pablo, dominique and others rolling through

Yahoo!

While nothing is reportedly finalized yet, Max Kellerman’s spot on the show isn’t expected to be filled. Instead, Stephen A. Smith will be alone with Molly Qerim Rose while other ESPN reporters, hosts and other guests make appearances.

Kellerman has been on “First Take” for almost five years. He, however, is “still expected to play a very prominent role” with ESPN. He currently hosts the “Max Kellerman Show” on ESPN Radio and has a boxing show on ESPN2. He’s hosted plenty of other shows across ESPN platforms throughout his time with the network, and was the original host of “Around the Horn.” Per Front Office Sports, Kellerman could also join ESPN’s morning radio show, “Keyshawn, JWill & Zubin.” Zubin Mehenti has missed significant time from the show this year due to health issues.

a debate show is one thing, but one where hosts are screaming at each other isn't that fun to watch. that would be the extreme. there have been others who've gotten into shouting matches on that show but frankly that is what ESPN is marketing esp as you look at the youtube videos and peep the titles and thumbnails of some of these vids.

personally, I enjoy listening to each of those guys.

Stephen A was hosting Jimmy Kimmel last night, and it wasn’t that bad—from the few monologue clips I saw—considering he already has the timing down from First Take when it comes to a punchline about a player.

In this case it wasn’t a punchline about Kwame but the milk crate challenge people. He has the make fun of someone punchline trigger.

It was kinda surreal to watch, doubt they really go back to him much for that, but then again he is one of the highest-paid ESPN employees, and therefore ABC.

Sounds like Stephen threatened to take his ball and go home. I thought Max did a good job on the show for the most part. On the bigger issues, Max always seemed to make more salient arguments.

Weird, I thought they were actually friends. max wasn't a good fit for that show. Before joining first take, he actually made sense majority of the time. On the show he makes 10-15 minute long arguments and sounds like an idiot. Both requirements for that show.

doesn't SAS already have his own daily show on espn+
they really going to have him do FT solo? man should just debate himself :lol:

Back
Top Bottom