Another reason to hate New York City

Originally Posted by KatieJade4

There is a woman that I work with that got a ticket from the city of Newark for a parking ticket. She'd never been to Newark. She got a letter in the mail saying that she missed her hearing for the ticket. She looked at the ticket online and it was for a Dodge, she drives a Honda. She had proof that her and her car were at work that day in Lakewood at the time of the ticket, and she had to go through all this **!$ to get rid of the ticket. She ended up calling the Mayor of Newark and he got rid of it.
Wow, that is pretty crazy. Glad she got rid of it though. 

I think you can beat this. Don't accept the offer. They argued that you could have put the plate on after but they have no proof that it wasn't there in the first place. Case Dismissed.

I've gotten some bogus tickets over the last few years as well. Blame Bloomberg, he's put the pressure on and made it easier to give tickets all because of $.

Originally Posted by CharlieContacto

I think you can beat this. Don't accept the offer. They argued that you could have put the plate on after but they have no proof that it wasn't there in the first place. Case Dismissed.

That is what I said.  Like I said, it's become basically based on hearsay and a paint to deal with as usual.  I don't want to lose any days of work fighting this because then I would be paying more for this ticket.  This sucks.

Originally Posted by OkayKK

*Rant
A couple weeks back, I walk downstairs in the morning to take the train to work and notice a ticket on my car.  I'm not parked on the wrong side of the road so I know it can't be an alternate side parking ticket (which is still a BS ticket).  I read it and it say's that I have no front plate, which I clearly do have.  Pictures don't matter to the courts, they say I can pay a reduced fine of 20 percent and don't forget to add 2 dollars for a surcharge.  So I am still stuck with paying for something I never did.  And these pigs wonder why they get no love out here.  On to the next one.
End Rant.*
Nah fam. You're talking about Another Reason to Hate Cops.

LA sucks for the simple fact that you have to drive almost everywhere to go out. unless you wanna drop tons of money on taxis or stay at one place for the night...it sucks. having to drunk drive FTL.

that reason and that reason alone makes NY > LA

yes alchy

Originally Posted by JD161616

*Rant
A couple weeks back, I walk downstairs in the morning to take the train to work and notice a ticket on my car.  I'm not parked on the wrong side of the road so I know it can't be an alternate side parking ticket (which is still a BS ticket).  I read it and it say's that I have no front plate, which I clearly do have.  Pictures don't matter to the courts, they say I can pay a reduced fine of 20 percent and don't forget to add 2 dollars for a surcharge.  So I am still stuck with paying for something I never did.  And these pigs wonder why they get no love out here.  On to the next one.
End Rant.*

Well that last phrase is for cops since my ticket was written by one, but as you can see from what most nyc drivers complain: the city itself i.e. government is also to blame because they typically endorse this kind of stuff.  I was given no chance on this situation because basically the sworn man of the "law"'s word is better than mine.  I have to give it to some cops out there because I have been helped before.  One time my car was broken into and they caught the guy with my things.  They actually called me and returned my property to my apartment instead of having me go all the way the police station to get it.  So damn NYC and their tax praising laws.   

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

Originally Posted by Diego

Skinny Women in England>>>>>>>>>Cali

5eb3521de95385d5e0e4732e3a534d1d9ae4cbf.gif

hahahha

Originally Posted by JD161616

*Rant
End Rant.*

Well that last phrase is for cops since my ticket was written by one, but as you can see from what most nyc drivers complain: the city itself i.e. government is also to blame because they typically endorse this kind of stuff.  I was given no chance on this situation because basically the sworn man of the "law"'s word is better than mine.  I have to give it to some cops out there because I have been helped before.  One time my car was broken into and they caught the guy with my things.  They actually called me and returned my property to my apartment instead of having me go all the way the police station to get it.  So damn NYC and their tax praising laws.   

If its not worth it to waste your time fighting it then just pay it i guess. I just hate taking that L

smh.gif
..and this is why you hate nyc? %@@+ i have gone to fight summons and tickets plenty of times...and i have def. had more thrown out than i paid...if you rollover and take it, they will give it to you

Ive been wondering about that. I moved to NY from AZ like 7 months ago and brought my truck out with me (no front license plate). It was just the other day that I first realized that ALL of the cars have NY plates on the front as well as the back.

Am I good as long as I have AZ plates?? I haven't been stopped or ticketed so far. Hope so, I have an aftermarket SS bumper on there and there isn't a place for a license plate anyway.

man i average 2 or 3 tickets a month easy.. This city is filled with hustlers.. The dam city is a hustle its self.. what a way to come up $65-115 just for catchin someone slipping.. but i love my city and hate it for a tottally different reason.. dont no pretty girls wanna get naked on video.. im talking about i can throw a G at dymes and there not with it
smh.gif
.. Citys like LA and Miami females are dying of any type of attention the money just makes it even better.. Sorry NYC but i have to move soon to be successful!

Originally Posted by PltcsAsUsual

man i average 2 or 3 tickets a month easy.. This city is filled with hustlers.. The dam city is a hustle its self.. what a way to come up $65-115 just for catchin someone slipping.. but i love my city and hate it for a tottally different reason.. dont no pretty girls wanna get naked on video.. im talking about i can throw a G at dymes and there not with it
smh.gif
.. Citys like LA and Miami females are dying of any type of attention the money just makes it even better.. Sorry NYC but i have to move soon to be successful!

indifferent.gif
 @ you not liking a city because you cant pay women out their clothes.

smh.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Sloane Kettering

smh.gif
..and this is why you hate nyc? %@@+ i have gone to fight summons and tickets plenty of times...and i have def. had more thrown out than i paid...if you rollover and take it, they will give it to you

This is not why I hate NYC entirely, I said just another reason.  I've lived here my whole life...lol, I love it here but I can make a list longer than Scottie Pippen's arms that can give me even more reasons to move out of here.  Everywhere will have it's ups and downs.

smh.gif

a3b3584ce103521a77ac792f9e7ae9bfc1fb9a7.gif

Ain't no future in yo frontin

Back
Top Bottom