Any doctors here??

Good way at looking at it, and thanks for the advice...I love hearing you guy's progress, it's inspiring to see NTers pursue their dreams. Keep it up guys! Its great motivation!

Good way at looking at it, and thanks for the advice...I love hearing you guy's progress, it's inspiring to see NTers pursue their dreams. Keep it up guys! Its great motivation!

Sitting in Starbucks right now studying for my nuero exam on monday.

I'm not even 1/2 way through 2nd year and Step 1 has already got me stressing...

And to the dude that asked - even though this past year and half has been the most stressful and demanding time of my life...i'd do it over again in a second. Hopefully I'll be saying the same thing 15 yrs from now.

Sitting in Starbucks right now studying for my nuero exam on monday.

I'm not even 1/2 way through 2nd year and Step 1 has already got me stressing...

And to the dude that asked - even though this past year and half has been the most stressful and demanding time of my life...i'd do it over again in a second. Hopefully I'll be saying the same thing 15 yrs from now.

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

Anton, how's the Pathology class going for you? I plan on specializing in Forensic Pathology. 
nerd.gif

I'm doing pretty well in it.....wait are you are an M.D.? I thought most forensic pathologists were MDs but i don't see why u can't do it as a PhD or what not/

Path is hard, i suspect my school makes its more difficult that it need to be. Grossly, pathology makes sense....the histology of it is hit or miss. I'm on kidney pathology right now and Im not sure what im supposed to be looking for. We have a huge pathology lab exam coming up in december, and Ls will be taken to say the least.

Anton, how's the Pathology class going for you? I plan on specializing in Forensic Pathology. 
nerd.gif

I'm doing pretty well in it.....wait are you are an M.D.? I thought most forensic pathologists were MDs but i don't see why u can't do it as a PhD or what not/

Path is hard, i suspect my school makes its more difficult that it need to be. Grossly, pathology makes sense....the histology of it is hit or miss. I'm on kidney pathology right now and Im not sure what im supposed to be looking for. We have a huge pathology lab exam coming up in december, and Ls will be taken to say the least.

I'm leaning towards M.D., although I still have plenty of time to decide. BTW, did you do any research projects prior to med school admissions? And what year of undergrad did you start?

i did research in college in pyschopharmacology (junior year) and research after undergrad in microbio working with MRSA.

im actually open to forensic path word to C.S.I.
pimp.gif
, my mom is tryna talk me out of it.
laugh.gif

I'm leaning towards M.D., although I still have plenty of time to decide. BTW, did you do any research projects prior to med school admissions? And what year of undergrad did you start?

i did research in college in pyschopharmacology (junior year) and research after undergrad in microbio working with MRSA.

pimp.gif
laugh.gif

I was 24 when i started med school, and no i dont feel that i missed out on my 20's. To be honest I didnt let med school control my life I still went out and had fun you just have certain times where you have to buckle down and focus on getting things done and put everything else in your life on hold but it was a great ride, and this may seem like bragging but i graduated 2nd in my class and still was able to enjoy life. Just remember if you dont love what you are doing especially in medicine you can become miserable because it takes a whole lot of dedication as other have already alluded to.

I was 24 when i started med school, and no i dont feel that i missed out on my 20's. To be honest I didnt let med school control my life I still went out and had fun you just have certain times where you have to buckle down and focus on getting things done and put everything else in your life on hold but it was a great ride, and this may seem like bragging but i graduated 2nd in my class and still was able to enjoy life. Just remember if you dont love what you are doing especially in medicine you can become miserable because it takes a whole lot of dedication as other have already alluded to.

Originally Posted by UTVOL23

I was 24 when i started med school, and know i dont feel i missed out on my 20's. To be honest I didnt let med school control my life I still went out and had fun you just have certain times where you have to buckle down and focus on getting things done and put everything else in your life on hold but it was a great ride, and this may seem like bragging but i graduated 2nd in my class and still was able to enjoy life. Just remember if you dont love what you are doing especially in medicine you can become miserable because it takes a whole lot of dedication as other have already alluded to.
laugh.gif
 yea, u definitely just threw that in there.

Originally Posted by UTVOL23

I was 24 when i started med school, and know i dont feel i missed out on my 20's. To be honest I didnt let med school control my life I still went out and had fun you just have certain times where you have to buckle down and focus on getting things done and put everything else in your life on hold but it was a great ride, and this may seem like bragging but i graduated 2nd in my class and still was able to enjoy life. Just remember if you dont love what you are doing especially in medicine you can become miserable because it takes a whole lot of dedication as other have already alluded to.
laugh.gif
 yea, u definitely just threw that in there.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Lol well im sure you know but CSI is nothing like performing real autopsies. During my intern year I did a month of forensic pathology ie autopsies, going to crime scenes etc but I can tell you that I loved gross lab and the smell didnt bother me but doing an actual autopsy was horrendous esp after opening the abdomen. I think that takes a certain type of person. If you really think you want to do that make sure you get in the morgue and participate in autopsies youll find out real quick if thats something you could do.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Lol well im sure you know but CSI is nothing like performing real autopsies. During my intern year I did a month of forensic pathology ie autopsies, going to crime scenes etc but I can tell you that I loved gross lab and the smell didnt bother me but doing an actual autopsy was horrendous esp after opening the abdomen. I think that takes a certain type of person. If you really think you want to do that make sure you get in the morgue and participate in autopsies youll find out real quick if thats something you could do.

Trust me, I don't think FPath is anything like CSI, but in a perfect world -- my last two years of med school would be like the Pathology movie. I feel like I can handle being around/working with dead bodies. Time will tell, right?

oh don't get me wrong, there's nothing glamorous about it. i had a forensic path lecture that i dreaded opening the powerpoint slides for. i appreciate the science and puzzle solving aspect of it, but it does take a certain type of individual to do it.

Trust me, I don't think FPath is anything like CSI, but in a perfect world -- my last two years of med school would be like the Pathology movie. I feel like I can handle being around/working with dead bodies. Time will tell, right?

oh don't get me wrong, there's nothing glamorous about it. i had a forensic path lecture that i dreaded opening the powerpoint slides for. i appreciate the science and puzzle solving aspect of it, but it does take a certain type of individual to do it.

Originally Posted by blazinRook

@ UTVOL23, AntonLaVey, and TypeRPinoy what med schools did/do you go to?

i've said this before...the sad truth is what school you go to is nowhere nearly as important as where you go to school and what type of degree you earn.
there isn't much difference between a top 20 school and a top 50 school and a top 100 school. when it comes down to it US allopathic medical schools > US osteopathic schools > foreign medical schools in terms of getting a good residency

i've said this before...the sad truth is what school you go to is nowhere nearly as important as where you go to school and what type of degree you earn.
there isn't much difference between a top 20 school and a top 50 school and a top 100 school. when it comes down to it US allopathic medical schools > US osteopathic schools > foreign medical schools in terms of getting a good residency

^^ Cosign school doesnt matter. Just do well wherever you are at and you wont be very limited in residency. It may help a little to be a really well known school but not that much

^^ Cosign school doesnt matter. Just do well wherever you are at and you wont be very limited in residency. It may help a little to be a really well known school but not that much

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

yea, with med school its all about the work you put in, same curriculum everywhere fot the most part...for the sake of anonymity i won't say where i go but it's in the u.s. that's all that matters.

Back
Top Bottom