Anyone ever deal with AT&T and Asurion? Vol. 3 weeks no phone

So since July 27th I haven't had my phone. On the 29th my replacement phone was supposed to be delivered. The 29th came and the phone was being held by Fedex for reasons of Fraud. I call AT&T and they put the blame on Asurion (the insurance company for most phone companies). After talking to them, one of the workers told me to ship the phone that was being held at the Fedex facility back to them so they can resend another phone to a different address. I do that, and call them back trying to find out more information as to why I was accused of fraud. They deny ever accusing me, saying it does not appear in their notes. It would take 3 days for the phone to get back to Asurion, and 1-2 days for them to ship it back. So August 5th I should have received the second replacement phone. August 5th rolls around I call Asurion this time wondering what had happened to my phone, and they say they hadn't received the first phone. I told them on the 29th Fedex had already shipped it. Anyways, they file another re-order, and they told me I should receive the phone by Monday or Tuesday of next week. I called Monday because I hadn't received my tracking number, and come to find out the person did not actually re-order the phone. So after talking to a supervisor's supervisor, they finally re-ordered my phone, and said it should be here by Tuesday (today). Today comes around I check and the phone is again in Los Angeles, and again the phone is being held at the Fedex facility. This time Fedex didn't have a reason as to why Asurion made them hold the phone. So after talking to AT&T, Fedex, and Asurion. They said the phone was "in transit" to my preferred pickup location, and would be available by 4:30. 4:30 came and when I called to see where my phone was they said it was still being held at the Fedex facility, and would be available for pickup August 16th! Mad as hell I called Asurion again, and it honestly sounded like I was talking to someone that was put on repeat. All she kept saying is that we do not know why or who was told Fedex to hold the phone, and that the only thing they can do is send out another order (yes the 3rd one) and this time to an ever farther location from me. When I asked what would happen if this 3rd phone got held, she replied "well we can send out another order again." NT I come to you asking what is going on, and what can I do.
mad.gif

Cliffs:
Phone didn't come once,
said it would come today it didn't,
now having to order it again, and it might not even arrive then.
btw, Asurion has some of the worst customer service available.

Never had this problem. I have Verizon though. Everytime my phone has broke I get my replacement in 2 days max. Been like that since forever. Good luck. Hope everything works out. Verizon > AT&T.

Originally Posted by DaHero1017

Never had this problem. I have Verizon though. Everytime my phone has broke I get my replacement in 2 days max. Been like that since forever. Good luck. Hope everything works out. Verizon > AT&T.

Both Verizon, and AT&T deal with Asurion though, that's why switching would be pointless for me. Thank you though

I used 2 work for them bastards...this situation is nothin I've heard of tho. But it sounds like its more on fedex for "holding" the package. Assurion won't ship it at all if its fraud detected.
Have u tried tryin 2 get a loaner phn from ATT?
Or call ATT and complain bcus you're gettin charged for services u not using right now.

Originally Posted by moundraised23

I used 2 work for them bastards...this situation is nothin I've heard of tho. But it sounds like its more on fedex for "holding" the package. Assurion won't ship it at all if its fraud detected.
Have u tried tryin 2 get a loaner phn from ATT?
Or call ATT and complain bcus you're gettin charged for services u not using right now.
I called Fedex, and they said they can't hold a phone for no reason, someone calls them and tells them to hold it. Today they said they were going through a "AT&T a security check" whatever that means. In the meantime I do have a old phone that I'm using, the problem is that I still don't have my replacement phone, and now its on to the third re-order, and I still don't have any answers. I did get the fraud thing resolved though, apparently, the city I live in is active in fraudulent activity.
laugh.gif
And yes, all I've been doing is complaining to AT&T and they gave a $88.98 on my next bill.

Back
Top Bottom