Apple Recalls 1st Gen Ipod Nano

I still used my OG 1st gen 4 gig nano on the daily to run with. Thing never gave me a single problem as long as I'd had it. My nano got to them on November 21 and it still says product replacement pending.
Hope I get a 6th gen. I could care less which one it is as long as it isn't the 3rd gen.

Originally Posted by oinker34

I'm hearing that it's true they are replacing them with 6G nanos. Fingers crossed
whuuuut?? is true 
pimp.gif

i have two 1st gen nano's in my crib. my pops and mine 
happy.gif
happy.gif

I just got shipping notice on mines and they sent me a 6th gen.  Just a heads up for those also receiving notices.
I also read that they started sending out replacement packaging again.  I'm guessing that wave will start getting replaced with repaired 1st gens again.

Just got my box in. If its true that we are getting 6th gen nano's, I'm selling it and getting an ipod touch

i actually kinda liked my 1st gen .. all i really needed was a new battery.

now i'm wondering what i'm gonna do with my iskin if they are shipping out current gen nanos ..kinda useless now
ohwell.gif

Dope, just got an email right now saying my replacement is being sent back to me and gave me the serial number too. I checked my serial number on this site http://www.chipmunk.nl/klantenservice/applemodel.html and it is indeed a silver 6G Nano! Excited!
laugh.gif
I originally sent in an 8GB black 1st gen. Now, I don't know whether I should slang it on eBay or rock it as a watch. I hope I get it tomorrow or Friday.

Originally Posted by SEVEN654THREE

I just got shipping notice on mines and they sent me a 6th gen.  Just a heads up for those also receiving notices.
I also read that they started sending out replacement packaging again.  I'm guessing that wave will start getting replaced with repaired 1st gens again.
We got lucky!
pimp.gif
I'm pretty sure they're going to start sending refurbed first gens now that they're stocked up from everyone who has sent theirs in. Gives them a good turn around time to refurb those then send them out.

Originally Posted by capuT

^ just got my package today... so i guess i'm gettin a refurbished one then?
frown.gif

So did I. Those posters above don't sound like they know anything about which gen ipod will be sent out, but keep your fingers crossed anyways.

Originally Posted by ItzJono

Wheres Steve Jobs when u need him smh..Stupid on Apples part..Yes i know they value customer loyalty but why recall a 6 yr old product over SAFETY issues..like who still uses their OG nano in 2011
30t6p3b.gif
Heyyyyy
happy.gif

Use mine every single day and she works like a charm. Have done since I got it in '06. Still have the original protective sticker on the front
laugh.gif

She's eligible but I'm not sending mine back
grin.gif

frown.gif
They're all refurbished. It's just a matter of which version you'll get. Everyone right now seems to be getting the 6th gen Nano.

Originally Posted by tizoni

frown.gif

So did I. Those posters above don't sound like they know anything about which gen ipod will be sent out, but keep your fingers crossed anyways.
It's all a matter of assumption at this point. What do you think they do with all the 1st generation Nanos they're receiving? They're obviously going to get their batteries replaced and go through the refurbish(reconditioning) process. I won't be surprised once they replenish their stock of 1st gen refurbs that they start sending those back to owners who returned theirs. I've been following threads on other forums and those who responded quickly to the recall received reconditioned 1st gens; while right now everyone in que of repair is receiving 6th gens. I'm sure they got a crapload of 1st gens ready to be fixed.

real life...
So i got my package today and i got the 6th gen today 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

i can take picks if yall want...

all they send you is the nano with a plastic cover over the screen

Originally Posted by breezylocks

real life...
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

How long did it take for them to ship it to you?
What condition is it in?
Is it spotless/dentless?
Lastly, is it the 8gb?

real life...
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Nice!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Grimey

do they give u headphones lol

It's just the Nano. Even said on my email that the Nano is all they're sending out, no accessories.

where do you go to check your replacement status?
Never mind, I found the email.

Originally Posted by iYen

real life...
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

What condition is it in?
Is it spotless/dentless?
Lastly, is it the 8gb?
Real life...
let me see... i think i filled out the form to return the nano Novemeber 18 (according to apple)

they sent me the box like last monday and i sent it out thursday.... and i got the ipod a week later (yesterday)....

it looks brand new... it just came with like a cover over the screen and a cover for the back that you peel off... also its silver...

yes it is an 8 gig 
smokin.gif

i had a black super scratched up 2 gig, that i had bought off my boy a long time ago for like 30 bucks 
smokin.gif

^ got the same thing

silver 8gb 6th gen nano

they shipped from reno, so it only took one day to get here in sacramento

Originally Posted by iYen

real life...
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

What condition is it in?
Is it spotless/dentless?
Lastly, is it the 8gb?
Real life...
let me see... i think i filled out the form to return the nano Novemeber 18 (according to apple)

they sent me the box like last monday and i sent it out thursday.... and i got the ipod a week later (yesterday)....

it looks brand new... it just came with like a cover over the screen and a cover for the back that you peel off... also its silver...

yes it is an 8 gig 
smokin.gif

i had a black super scratched up 2 gig, that i had bought off my boy a long time ago for like 30 bucks 
smokin.gif
Nice.
pimp.gif

I just sent mine back, so I hope I get the current nano.

Those new nanos are sweet, I want one with a wristband accessory, one kick %#* watch.

Originally Posted by twincsitty

Mine just shipped checked the serial number its looks like its a 6th gen .... Yes!

They tell you the serial number before it gets back to you?

Back
Top Bottom