Are you guys ready for the Lebron Lovefest???

Originally Posted by SoleOnEyez

Hopefully my wiz will get a different draw in the playoffs this year.........if they make it
Even if they do, they ain't goin nowhere, especially if y'all play the Cavaliers again.

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Word.....but I'm going to get started early if you don't mind.....

large_thedunkJK.jpg

Future Current G.O.A.T.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
michael_jordan_trophy_rings.jpg

he didnt hear you, you mind repeating that! Michael jordan is the past, present and future G.O.A.T!

laugh.gif
at dude saying he is the current g.o.a.t

hes 23 yrs old for godsakes...come back in 5 years

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

Originally Posted by DsLee559

If you play fantasy basketball then who wouldn't take LeBron with the first pick? Other than CP3 no one can rival his stats. He get's numbers in every category. You're talking about a dude who pretty much had 30-8-8 last year...even if his numbers dip it'll still be at least 27-7-7. Would this post even be started if Kobe was to be on that front page???
Yes! There was a thread made last night because Kobe just happened to be sitting next to a female, theres posts started when Kobe walks out and checks his mail in the morning
Nah I'm saying that if Kobe was on the front page with the crown on, people would just go on and about. But it's LEBRON and cats are like"Oh hell nah!!! I know ESPN aint saying this mof*ck@ the best.

People get extra offended when LeBron is conceived as better than Kobe, but if it's flipped then no one's hurt.

Kobe and Lebron are both raw to me. I just seems like hella people get mad when Kobe isn't considered the best at all times.
To me Kobe still got stuff to prove just like everyone else in the L. He might have less to prove than LeBron, but he still got stuff to prove. It's notlike he's Mike or something.

Originally Posted by Cant Nobody Stop Me

Im really anticipating all of the Kobe/Lebron debates
eyes.gif
What is there to anticipate?

Kobe is CLEARLY better then Lebron and it's not even a question.

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

eyes.gif

Clearly ? Right now, Probably.

Not even a question ? On this site, definitely a question.
laugh.gif

Hey...if KOBE is the Greatest of All Time, then why does he always surrender in the playoffs? Like when he knows he is defeated he just plain gives up. Whilethe young pup goes out shooting and at least gives a supreme effort. Answer me that.

eyes.gif

Bron is a much better passer, better rebounder and better team player than Kobe. He is also far more durable at this point in his career.

Kobe is more clutch and has a better jumper.

There is no clear better player but the fact that you are comparing a 23 year old to a 12 year vet with 3 rings, who is considered the second best 2 guardin history...kind of speaks for itself.

Not to mention i'll take a 45 point, game 7 performance over a 22 pt 4 turnover, game 6 embarrassment anyday....
nerd.gif

There is no way that Kobe is a clearly better player.

Originally Posted by JDB1523

The lovefest is well deserved:

lebron_over_duncan.jpg

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
I love that dunk. Timmy got victimized.

lebron_over_deng030608123821.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
Are you kidding me?
smh.gif

All Bron needs is 1 great pair of kicks...something that snatches the attention from the dynig Jordan Brand and gets casual NBA watchers interested in hisgames....

THE HYPE WILL BE THROGUH THE ROOF....HIS AIRNESS STATUS.

Its gonna happen anyway, when he comes to NYC in 2 seasons...Just sayin though...

eyes.gif

Bron is a much better passer, better rebounder and better team player than Kobe. He is also far more durable at this point in his career.

There is no clear better player but the fact that you are comparing a 23 year old to a 12 year vet with 3 rings, who is considered the second best 2 guard in history...kind of speaks for itself.

Not to mention i'll take a 45 point, game 7 performance over a 22 pt 4 turnover, game 6 embarrassment anyday....
nerd.gif

Except for the fact that everyone that plays with Bron suddenly has their career worst years...You also forgot to factor in the fact that Bron can't shootFT's, his D is suspect, and he has no post game even though he's either taller or stronger than ANYONE who guards him. All things that Kobe justhappens to be pretty good at. And I don't know how we could compare a 6'6" guard to a 6'9(probably 10)" forward in rebounding butwhatever. Bottom line is it's clear and it's been clear Kobe is better. Bron could become better in the future but TODAY it's clear.

Originally Posted by JsindaA

eyes.gif

There is no clear better player but the fact that you are comparing a 23 year old to a 12 year vet with 3 rings, who is considered the second best 2 guard in history...kind of speaks for itself.

nerd.gif

Except for the fact that everyone that plays with Bron suddenly has their career worst years...You also forgot to factor in the fact that Bron can't shoot FT's, his D is suspect, and he has no post game even though he's either taller or stronger than ANYONE who guards him. All things that Kobe just happens to be pretty good at. And I don't know how we could compare a 6'6" guard to a 6'9(probably 10)" forward in rebounding but whatever. Bottom line is it's clear and it's been clear Kobe is better. Bron could become better in the future but TODAY it's clear.

You have got to me kidding me....who has played with LeBron that has gotten worse because of his play and not the Cleveland offense of debilitatinginjuries? Who has he played with that is even worth mentioning?

Hes a 75% free throw shooter...Melo and Ivo are like .2 percentage points better than him. He makes them when they count and he averages over 30?

No post game?..checks sig...
smh.gif
...1) he is often guarded by power forward whoare bigger and stronger than he is 2) why would he post up when he has the speed advantage, a prime post player like Z and no consistent outside shooting 3)Hes not a center or Jesus.

Y'all Lakers fans are the worst....Homie said his post game
laugh.gif

eyes.gif

nerd.gif

Great comeback. I think folks are relying on the fact that Kobe has already done so much to credit him as the better player. LeBron is going to bebetter than Kobe, just off of age difference and a non existent roof. LeBron's J is lookin pretty good this preseason as well.

*sighs*

You clearly missed the article last year that showed players that played with Bron having bad years. Why you brought Melo and AI into this conversation isbeyond me but since you did....Melo is a 79.6% shooter, AI is 78%, Kobe is 83%, and Bron is 72%. Yea .2 percentage points
eyes.gif

I don't know what games you are watching but he's not being guarded by PF's because there aren't any that are quick enough to stay with him.He's probably the strongest SF in the game yet he dribbles at the top of the key for 14 seconds a trip. That's a problem...and one that'srecognized by anyone who watches the Cavs play. Z is NOT a prime post player and half the time he isn't even IN the post. Kobe isn't a center he postsup, Melo isn't a center he posts up, Chauncey isn't a center he posts up, BD isn't a center he posts up, need I continue? Me liking the Lakers hasnothing to do with him saying he needs a post game. He didn't have one in high school....and he was the biggest dude on the court EVERY game. Heck when Iplayed him he was a full 5 inches taller than our center....and he played on the perimiter all game. If we are gonna compare these dudes then post game isgonna play a part.....so he loses in that category.

If he's not posting up and he averaged 30 per game last season, then does he truly NEED a post game? No. It would spread his offensive capabilities, buthe'd probably end up taking worse shots than he should.

Z doesn't always stay in the post because of his midrange game, and that spreads the floor. Plus LeBron is so good when he gets to the basket, that theteam spreads away to give him space. That's what causes players to drift around the perimeter for the Cavaliers. Mike Brown could learn how to use screensin his offense and %+%! like that too; so it's partly his fault, if you know what I mean.

Originally Posted by JsindaA

*sighs*

You clearly missed the article last year that showed players that played with Bron having bad years. Why you brought Melo and AI into this conversation is beyond me but since you did....Melo is a 79.6% shooter, AI is 78%, Kobe is 83%, and Bron is 72%. Yea .2 percentage points
eyes.gif

I don't know what games you are watching but he's not being guarded by PF's because there aren't any that are quick enough to stay with him. He's probably the strongest SF in the game yet he dribbles at the top of the key for 14 seconds a trip. That's a problem...and one that's recognized by anyone who watches the Cavs play. Z is NOT a prime post player and half the time he isn't even IN the post. Kobe isn't a center he posts up, Melo isn't a center he posts up, Chauncey isn't a center he posts up, BD isn't a center he posts up, need I continue? Me liking the Lakers has nothing to do with him saying he needs a post game. He didn't have one in high school....and he was the biggest dude on the court EVERY game. Heck when I played him he was a full 5 inches taller than our center....and he played on the perimiter all game. If we are gonna compare these dudes then post game is gonna play a part.....so he loses in that category.
Bron is one of the most unselfish scorers in league history, he doesn't over dribble to embarass people or hog the ball any dribling that heis doing is to setup a play or a teammate. I watch the Cavs play and I don't see his dribblnig as a problem...as a matter of fact I don't recallhearing any Cavs fan mention that as a problem
And.....There is a difference between a post game and a post-up game champ.

Why would one of the quickest and most atheltic players in the game rely on post up jumpers, when he doesn't needthem? Thats not a major part of his game and thats by choice. Thats not a knock on his game. He posts up to get where he needs to be on the floor and thenmakes and explosive move to the backet. When he gets older or on a team that lends itself to post-up moves...then he will adjust his game. How much was MJposting up in his early years before Phil Jackson?

Lebron's a great talent...but he's just not better than 24 right now. When he becomes a consistent threat shooting the ball then I'll re-evaluatethat.

Why do Lebron and Kobe need to be compared? To me, they are very different players.

I guess I can understand why people feel they need to compare them, but in my opinion, the way they play is very different so comparing them is kind ofworthless. Personally, I think Kobe is the best player in the league right now, with Lebron coming in very close behind. Lebron is not a consistent shooter andhis free throws need work...if he improved those, he would be neck-and-neck with Kobe, or maybe even better.

Back
Top Bottom