Are you guys ready for the Lebron Lovefest???

Originally Posted by bigtimejerky

Kobe fans are just as bad as LeBron fans
smh.gif
co-sign...it works both ways

Originally Posted by daprescription

Yup, but Quinn fans are worse than both of them.

492257d4dea714cccaf9abdd75ca91dfb6339ac.gif

aa525fa495a1b46ac969f24fc72043693279896.gif

Quinn doesn't have fans, only devoted followers. They just love to hate on him because he's the king of the elves.

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

I know the olympics arent the NBA but in the olympics

Lebron, CP3, Wade, and even maybe Deron Williams > Kobe
But when it REALLY mattered in the closing moments of the Gold medal game, all of those players pretty much deferred to Kobe....and he showed why he's the best (most clutch) player in the game...

Anyhow this thread isn't about Player A vs Player B, it's about how ESPN has begun the OD coverage of Lebron James.

Has begun ?

Where have you been the past 5 or 7 years. ESPN & NIKE have hyping up and riding Lebron's jock ever since his junior year in high school.

Kobe that good of a shooter??

granted sons got all the moves to get his shot off....probably unrivalled in that sense, but as far as connecting?? I've seen just as many bad shootingperformances (if not more) as i have spectacular.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

/\ Lebron is 23 years old...You're talking about his decline about 10 years early. Who knows what skill he'll acquire throughout that time?
Kobe's shooting game at 23 >>>>>>>> Lebron now.

Lebron will NEVER be the shooter that Kobe is. You can't "acquire" the shooting ability Kobe has.

(I know I have a Kobe SN, before some smart %!@ points it out...)

Incorrect. Please refer to Jordan's scouting report when he came into the league.

But when it REALLY mattered in the closing moments of the Gold medal game, all of those players pretty much deferred to Kobe....and he showed why he's the best (most clutch) player in the game...

Anyhow this thread isn't about Player A vs Player B, it's about how ESPN has begun the OD coverage of Lebron James.

Has begun ?

Where have you been the past 5 or 7 years. ESPN & NIKE have hyping up and riding Lebron's jock ever since his junior year in high school.

Can you blame them?

Originally Posted by Kidskillz858

Has begun ?

smh.gif

dummy.jpg

Wow some people really don't have a clue....

I said begun meaning it happens every year, but we really don't get the OD coverage of Lebron until the beginning of basketball season

How do you know that Kobe will start to decline soon???

People said the same thing about A.I...

Yet, A.I is...Well, he's still A.I. and dropping _'s off every night...

smh.gif

The play will speak for itself this year.

"But he can't shoot"
"But he can't shoot"
"But he can't shoot"
"But he can't shoot"
"But he can't shoot"
"But he can't shoot"
"But he can't shoot"
"But he can't shoot"

All I ever hear...and all people got left when trying to pick apart his game. When he actually is not that bad of a shooter, and if he can't get by withouthaving Kobe's jumper....so.....

Clutch...hmm...LeBron's performances the past 2 years in the playoffs....can't use that now either, especially with that supporting cast.

Kobe...ehh...you be the judge.

Defensively...one yall kobe supporters liked to use in the past...LeBron turned it up another notch last year...we all know this...if you actually payedattention. Did you guys?

So throw that one out the window now as well...

Winning....no shaq...no winning...they're equal with a finals appearance each....but you tell me who had/has the better squad and coach..

Jump shot, mid range...

All that's left.

guard to a 6'9(probably 10)"
eek.gif
laugh.gif
...no comment.

What's really crazy is Bron is playing in awful offensive system and still doing what he's doing...you don't want him dribbling for 15 seconds?I'm sure he doesn't wana...blame the coaching. Where as Kobe has a system perfectly suited for him.

But for whatever reason people on here want to see LeBron fail and the Cavs fail...the Cleveland thing? The hype? Whatever it is...how 90% of people said theWizards would knock them out, cause 1 player can't beat a team...

Continue to be let down, people...be my guest.

Now for the record, I don't dislike Kobe and LeBron has work to do...and I don't consider anyone to be wrong thinking Kobe's the best player rightnow. I just don't agree with it.

Not Anti-Kobe....just Pro-Bron.

Kobe is a more complete player than Lebron how is that even an issue?

I love to watch Lebron play but dude has ZERO post game and his outside shot is atrocious for the most part.

/\ right....for a player of his caliber...his jump shot is atrocious. I don't think it's OK at all. To me...dude is very much the same streaky shooterhe was when he came into the league. I can't say he's made a significant improvement in his jumper yet. I don't think that's something you canignore and just say..."oh but he can do this"...

Whatever...for an elite swingman...you should be able to be a consistent shooting threat. Sure you're going to have your bad shooting games but Ihaven't EVER seen a team fear Lebron shooting like they do Kobe. I've never seen a guy "give" Kobe long range shots like they give Lebron.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

"But he can't shoot"
"But he can't shoot"
"But he can't shoot"
"But he can't shoot"
"But he can't shoot"
"But he can't shoot"
"But he can't shoot"
"But he can't shoot"

All I ever hear...and all people got left when trying to pick apart his game. When he actually is not that bad of a shooter, and if he can't get by without having Kobe's jumper....so.....

Clutch...hmm...LeBron's performances the past 2 years in the playoffs....can't use that now either, especially with that supporting cast.

Defensively...one yall kobe supporters liked to use in the past...LeBron turned it up another notch last year...we all know this...if you actually payed attention. Did you guys?

Winning....no shaq...no winning...they're equal with a finals appearance each....but you tell me who had/has the better squad and coach..

Jump shot, mid range...

All that's left.

eek.gif
laugh.gif
...no comment.

What's really crazy is Bron is playing in awful offensive system and still doing what he's doing...you don't want him dribbling for 15 seconds? I'm sure he doesn't wana...blame the coaching. Where as Kobe has a system perfectly suited for him.

But for whatever reason people on here want to see LeBron fail and the Cavs fail...the Cleveland thing? The hype? Whatever it is...how 90% of people said the Wizards would knock them out, cause 1 player can't beat a team...

Now for the record, I don't dislike Kobe and LeBron has work to do...and I don't consider anyone to be wrong thinking Kobe's the best player right now. I just don't agree with it.

I'll say this and I'm done....because you are obviously missing alot. When comparing Bron to Kobe you are essentially comparingathleticism to skill. Bron's ENTIRE game is his athleticism...and it's been this way since HS. Kobe on the other hand uses both his skill(which issuperior to Bron's) AND his athleticism. Because Bron is such an incredible athlete he can get by on that alone....which is truly amazing. What you andother Bron fans don't seem to understand is his skillset is not gonna allow him to continue at this pace once he can't run past or jump over whoeverdefends him. He is not a good shooter, he doesn't have any sembalance of a post game, and he can't shoot FT's. All things that are pure skill. WithKobe you have a guy who is absolutely unguardable. Almost to the extent that MJ was(not really that close IMO, but an argument could be made). You can'tleave him open, he will blow past you, and he has great footwork in the post. It's like this 50 for Bron is an accomplishment...while Kobe doing it isexpected. I really don't believe Bron NEEDS to focus on his jumpshot. He should focus on his post game. He adds that to his game(already being one of, ifnot the best, finishers in the league) and he's going down as the best SF at the very least. On the defensive side there really isn't anargument....regardless of Bron stepping up his D he's still not a better defender. He's not even close honestly. Another STUPID argument I hear fromBron fans...well he's 23. Uh...ok? Age has nothing to do with who's better, if they are better than they just are. Period.

all athleticism?

What about his court vision and passing?

I don't use the age thing...he's better now IMO.

Originally Posted by JsindaA

Originally Posted by allen3xis

"But he can't shoot"
"But he can't shoot"
"But he can't shoot"
"But he can't shoot"
"But he can't shoot"
"But he can't shoot"
"But he can't shoot"
"But he can't shoot"

All I ever hear...and all people got left when trying to pick apart his game. When he actually is not that bad of a shooter, and if he can't get by without having Kobe's jumper....so.....

Defensively...one yall kobe supporters liked to use in the past...LeBron turned it up another notch last year...we all know this...if you actually payed attention. Did you guys?

Jump shot, mid range...

All that's left.

eek.gif
laugh.gif
...no comment.

What's really crazy is Bron is playing in awful offensive system and still doing what he's doing...you don't want him dribbling for 15 seconds? I'm sure he doesn't wana...blame the coaching. Where as Kobe has a system perfectly suited for him.

But for whatever reason people on here want to see LeBron fail and the Cavs fail...the Cleveland thing? The hype? Whatever it is...how 90% of people said the Wizards would knock them out, cause 1 player can't beat a team...

Now for the record, I don't dislike Kobe and LeBron has work to do...and I don't consider anyone to be wrong thinking Kobe's the best player right now. I just don't agree with it.

Bron's ENTIRE game is his athleticism...

That's not true at all...you've got to give him SOME credit. His court vision doesn't have anything to do with his athleticism.

embarassed.gif
tired.gif

I did forget about his court vision/passing. True that doesn't have anything to do with athleticism....he's a much better passer than Kobe butthat's about it.

Originally Posted by JsindaA

embarassed.gif
tired.gif

I did forget about his court vision/passing. True that doesn't have anything to do with athleticism....he's a much better passer than Kobe but that's about it.

I don't beleive that...and before you guys kill me listen to this. Kobe has made enough thread the needle spectacular passes that it's obvious he seesthe court better than most. It's just that he doesn't pass as much as LeBron for whatever reasons..(selfish, don't trust teammates, etc) LeBronscourt vision isn't anything special if you draw double/triple teams and are willing to pass to the open man no matter who it is. It's just Kobedoesn't trust Luke Walton cutting to the basket or Lamar Odom open for a game winner.

BUT YES LEBRON IS A GREAT PASSER....just don't act like Kobe can't see the floor.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Kobe is a more complete player than Lebron how is that even an issue?

I love to watch Lebron play but dude has ZERO post game and his outside shot is atrocious for the most part.

So I take it you don't want him in NY
laugh.gif

Some of the nonsense spewed in here is atrocious.

LeBron's court vision is better than Kobe
His athleticism is better
and he's stronger and probably faster too

But I love watching both play
happy.gif

No doubt that Kobe is going to fall off this year. I mean, he's a good 5 months older then when we saw him last. Have any idea how old that is?
laugh.gif

Don't matter though, numbers wise, Kobe will fall off big time. Hope everyone enjoyed the 81 replay last night, cuz those days are over. He gonna checkin this year at around 22-23 a game since there are more then enough weapons on the team and there should be plenty of blowouts wich means fewer minutes, plusPhil will want to get him as much rest as he can this year. Add it all up, and the gunner days are over.

So in NT translations, he'll be much less the player he was the last couple years as his numbers dwindle.

By the end of this season, Bron should be considered the best overall player, but if Kobe wins it all, good luck trying to tell that to us Laker fans.
laugh.gif

Kobe is CLEARLY better then Lebron and it's not even a question.
indifferent.gif

I like them Both but overall I think James is better. Just my opinion. On another note the MVP of the season is about to be....

dwyane-wade-dunking.jpg

or

Chris_Paul_Dunk_Against_Howard_16x20.jpg

^^
I think you are calling it with that D Wade pic. Dude looks healthy and full of desire.

Back
Top Bottom