Asics Love?!? Where is it?

Got my Alfreds last night. They're pretty lush in the flesh, colors are gorgeous. A word of advice though, the leather lining and insole bulk the shoe out a little, I advise you go at least half a size bigger than usual for a good fit - possibly even a full size.

Got my Alfreds last night. They're pretty lush in the flesh, colors are gorgeous. A word of advice though, the leather lining and insole bulk the shoe out a little, I advise you go at least half a size bigger than usual for a good fit - possibly even a full size.
leather insole? is it comfortable?

Also, howd you get them early?

Does anyone think that the STA's would be valid/equal trade bait for miamis or Knicks?
Valid? Yes. Equal? No. i think youd need to add some cash to offset the FiegBeast market value. 

However, it seems like a lot of people are passing on the St.A's. i think that once more pics/vids are posted down the road, people will realize this was slept on and the value will increase.

Last edited:
Really? Even a full size up? Theyd be way too long at that point. Now im debating going a half size up. There are no places im aware of in Phoenix that sell Asics GL3 so I cant try them on first.

Valid? Yes. Equal? No. i think youd need to add some cash to offset the FiegBeast market value. 

However, it seems like a lot of people are passing on the St.A's. i think that once more pics/vids are posted down the road, people will realize this was slept on and the value will increase.
ya you would have to add considering i just sold a pair of STA's for $250 shipped with PP fees included

For anyone who's footaction's are carrying those 4 GL3s, do they do phone order? Bad lieutenant? Majestic?
nerd.gif

I tried calling FA customer service, but that didn't help very much lol
nah, unfortunately not.  they do, however, do stock locate and are able to ship from store to store if you have the FA sku for the shoes.  not sure if all stores know how to do that though, as all the footactions around me have absolutely no clue how to do that.  i would try and get the sku's for you, but i dont know when i'll be able to go back to the mall

A few on foot shots of these... came in yesterday. Glad I went with my instinct and picked them up... love 'em. For those that did snag them cheaper, elsewhere, my props to you. :pimp:
I did receive the rope laces with them, but really didnt like any of the laces provided.

the color scheme fits my style i like earthy tones and the sand mid sole all be it a little dark is dope to me

yeah, it's just a taste difference... and i'm sure i'll later see shots, angles, and possibly midsole customizations, that make me like them more...

I think the STA's are ugly. And I agree with Proto the more I see pics of them the less I like them.

Alfreds colors look better in the flesh, there's a real nice green tint to the grey. Midsole looks fine in my books, I think the white option people are throwing about would be way too poppy. We're just heading into winter down here in Oz so it's a good winter colorway. It's a shame they don't have an actual gum sole (just a close color match) - the heel is gum but that's it. Spoke to Woody at Sneaker Freaker and he told me that the Gel Lyte IIIs can't have a gum sole according to Asics. Holds true I guess, there have been a number of GL3s with clear heels (Solebox, Sanrio Hello Kitty's, Nice Kicks 1.0 etc) but I've never seen any with a clear or true gum full sole.

I saw the Flamingos on Ronnie's feet when he was down here speaking at the carbon festival - excuse the ****** iPhone pic I snapped after chatting with him. They looked pretty good to me.

To be honest though I'm most interested in the 'Three Lies' Concepts collab. I love a shoe with a story or pardon the pun, a 'concept' behind it. Great looking shoe too. 

Eagerly awaiting the HAL Mortar's also. I grabbed a pair of the mesh tongue versions that were recalled, but I think the canvas tongues will make a big difference. Colors looked great on the recalled model. They should be dropping September this year (fingers crossed).

A few on foot shots of these... came in yesterday. Glad I went with my instinct and picked them up... love 'em. For those that did snag them cheaper, elsewhere, my props to you. :pimp:
I did receive the rope laces with them, but really didnt like any of the laces provided.

Your pics are making me upset that I didn't cop them when I had the chance :smh:

Alfreds colors look better in the flesh, there's a real nice green tint to the grey. Midsole looks fine in my books, I think the white option people are throwing about would be way too poppy. We're just heading into winter down here in Oz so it's a good winter colorway. It's a shame they don't have an actual gum sole (just a close color match) - the heel is gum but that's it. Spoke to Woody at Sneaker Freaker and he told me that the Gel Lyte IIIs can't have a gum sole according to Asics. Holds true I guess, there have been a number of GL3s with clear heels (Solebox, Sanrio Hello Kitty's, Nice Kicks 1.0 etc) but I've never seen any with a clear or true gum full sole.

I saw the Flamingos on Ronnie's feet when he was down here speaking at the carbon festival - excuse the ****** iPhone pic I snapped after chatting with him. They looked pretty good to me.

To be honest though I'm most interested in the 'Three Lies' Concepts collab. I love a shoe with a story or pardon the pun, a 'concept' behind it. Great looking shoe too. 

Eagerly awaiting the HAL Mortar's also. I grabbed a pair of the mesh tongue versions that were recalled, but I think the canvas tongues will make a big difference. Colors looked great on the recalled model. They should be dropping September this year (fingers crossed).
ok that picture definiteley changes my mind a little on the flamingos...wasnt feelin em at 1st but damn those look good

Back
Top Bottom