Ask a Cop whatever.....

What about the ones who do speak out against corruption and brutality though?

They're black balled and forced out the field.

You had cops running gangs until the Feds came down and shut them down.

Old *** baca was out here giving green lights to that Asian chief to cause more turmoil in our communities.

Most of you guys tell McDonald workers not to complain because "no one is forcing them to work there"

****, ain't no one forced a cop to be a cop.

They chose to.

You don't see fishermen, miners and oil rig operators crying that they're job is so dangerous when things go wrong.

They signed up for it.

To protect and serve. Enforce laws. Last time I checked this ain't no Eutopia so expecting not to be in danger being a cop is the same as becoming a fireman not wanting to put out fires.

This.

Cops ain't no damn heroes... they're Law Enforcers, that's it. It's just a job! A lot of them bring their work home. Which is why they have the highest divorce/suicide rates.

They may do heroic things (but anybody can do heroic things), and it depends on the circumstances or what side of the spectrum you're on.

But they ain't no damn heroes! Batman was hero, Superman was a hero! Captain Planet is a hero! Those are the guys we should be embracing.

You're not a hero.

Firemen are heroes

This ain't the 20s. You're militarized and not in danger all shift long.

Condescending *** cops who ain't **** with out the badge and gun.

Exactly what I just said.... give me a rep for cosigning me bruh bruh :smokin

Exactly what I just said.... give me a rep for cosigning me bruh bruh
smokin.gif
you're part of the problem.

Same female tendencies you display online turns into a chest puffing contest with civilians in real life.

How does OP feel about the cops who murdered Alton Sterling not being charged? 

cleek cleek!

I always argue why they need to be a perfect candidate.

Sheriffs take misdemeanors, FBI takes misdemeanors, but the LAPD? You're out if you admit to trying drugs. 

They want people who may have been bullied, were outcasts, never did anything wrong...so they can condition them to what they've become.

Lawyers can have a history and still allowed to take the bar and practice.

Thats why Rampart happened. All these clean slates got a taste of being flawed and it corrupted them.

I just think its whack how some police use their badge to do things to people that they wouldn't do otherwise.

Just like the title says.

Obviously public/police relations aren't the best right now and its been like that for a while. I get it. I understand. I've seen the same videos that you all have seen and then some. I could justify/argue some while others were flat out wrong.

I'm not naive enough to think there are no bad cops or that cops are always right and never wrong. Within the department there are cops that don't want to work with other cops because of policing styles, personalities, whatever. So if your own partners don't want to interact with you then your interactions with the public probably won't be any better. That goes the same for any profession though really. Ideally all cops, firefighters, doctors, teachers, priests etc. will never break any rules or do any wrong but let's be real.

My take on the job? It's tough. It's dynamic. A LOT to think about at all times. At the end of the day we all just want to go home to our families. It's not easy. I do it because I've always enjoyed helping people and really don't like people who break the law. Yeah I get it. There are career criminals who just have no care in the world and to those people, honestly, screw them. There are some people who just hit a rough patch and got into a bad lifestyle but you can tell they need help. Those people I enjoy helping. And there are plenty other groups of people out there but I can't touch on them all right now. I recommend going on a ride along to see what it is like. Though you really won't know how tough it is obviously until you actually do it. Look up those videos on youtube where they put the public in police situations and how they handle it. To be honest I'm sure that's how I looked when I was in the academy.

I'm also not naive enough to think the thread will go smoothly without any trolling or uneccessary replies but I figure I'd give it a shot. Just trying to help. Ask away and I'll make an honest attempt to answer it as best I can. That being said, I can only answer for my department really as different agencies/departments have different policies/procedures.

ABOUT ME (so you have an idea)

I'm in my early 30's

I work for a police department in Southern California

I'm Asian

Been a cop for 5 years

Been on NT since about 2001 (Yes I have another account on NT)

UPDATE:

I'm answering questions in the exact order they were asked/posted. Done through page 3. I'll get through more of them later.
From my experience alot of you Asian police are extremely biased toward helping your Asian communities letting fellow asians off especially asian mischievous youth because you know how thier parents are about family honor and discipline you would rather take them to thier parents and not to central booking  but meanwhile coming down hard on the black communities you patrol. Booking our youth and putting them in the system ie juvenile hall which destroys thier minds worst.

I feel you asian police shouldn't be patrolling our communities either because we are not of the same logic and cultures.

I'm on the job. I'll play and get to questions in the order that they are asked of me. Quote to ask.

Last edited:
What information do you all see on the computer ?

This varies wildly by state and agency. If I run a license generally I can see all the license info, driving history, firearms history and criminal history.

Back
Top Bottom