At What age did Life Get Real for You?

this past year, 18-19.
applying for colleges, thinking in 4 years, that I will be working full time hopefully.
and my grandma passed away this past may. I had a close relationship with her. I realized that life is definitely too short to mope around.

26 here...Life still ain't "real" by how you guys define it. I've had my trials and tribulations, but after you continually overcome, life is in simpler terms. Comes with age I suppose.

Edit: I can say that with my maturity now, if I have no semblance of a savings account, taken care of debt, and no prospects for family or career growth. I'll probably start getting nervous. I'm good for now though.

Young NT'ers posting on here who are below 21 don't know but between the ages of 20 to 30 you will spend and waste a bunch $$$ on just stupid stuff like buying food, sneakers, cars, tech gadgets, useless education, video games, alcohol, drugs, women, sporting events, gambling, vacation trips to spots like Las Vegas.

When your older and got your priorities in life straight and are at the point of getting married and having a family you will look back and just shake your head at these years.

That's just real talk to all the young NT heads on here.

23, graduated. haven't worked since my internship ended.

can't find a job, considering the military. decided not to, cuz it's not my dream and i think it will crush them.

14. Still cant believe i got through some of the stuff that happened. Made me wise up fast, glad it happened early. Now i'm more prepared
pimp.gif

Right now lol.  20, school starting in 2 weeks and I still haven't found an apartment to live in for a decent price.  Can't believe some people in SF charge $2k+ for 1 bedroom apartments that look like +$++ 
30t6p3b.gif

23, 25k in debt from student loans with 3 more years of school left... Mom passed when I was a boy, pops struggling to provide for step-family so I'm on my own.

When I was 18. The day I realize I can get trialed as a adult. I can't get away from certain things no more.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Purpledino

23, 25k in debt from student loans with 3 more years of school left... Mom passed when I was a boy, pops struggling to provide for step-family so I'm on my own.

damn.
tired.gif
i feel for you, dawg. 
Originally Posted by Freakazoid

When I was 18. The day I realize I can get trialed as a adult. I can't get away from certain things no more. 
laugh.gif
real talk, i started thinking about this recently, but i'm 19 about to be 20. 

if i get into serious trouble, i know i ain't getting no special treatment in no court house. if i end up in the pen, ain't no telling what i'd do.
laugh.gif

i don't know why i hadn't thought about this before, but yeah, it gets real when you get to thinking about stuff like this. 

i'm def. not about that prison life.
embarassed.gif

Probably 7.... Uncle Got Killed Right Behind My House, Only Father Figure I've Ever Really Known. Same Year I Started Understanding What Curse Words Really Meant. Been Verbally Abused By My Grandmother Ever Since. Life's Tough, You Gotta Roll With The Punches

When I turned 20, that's when life got real for me. My parents were struggling to survive and I had to man up and get a job when I was still in school. I stayed back to help the family while my sister went off to S.F.

And I realized I didn't have much friends and the only ones I could trust was my family. I used to put my friends first over my family. SMH.

Im at work not even tired. but didnt sleep all night. laid in the bed...went downstairs to sit on the couch...couldnt go to sleep. ^

Reality started to set when I was 19, still slowly realizing I have to put childish things behind me and to start actually getting my priorities in order if i want to graduate and get a job. Reality hitting me has been a slow in progress and I take it in stride. I've never really had to work hard at anything because i kinda breeze by with decent grades and a lazy mindset. Trying to find my ambition and cut ties to people holding me back, although I consider them good friends. I'd hate to wake up in 20 years and realize I never lived up to my potential because I wanted to live easy and not work hard. I envy agressive or competitive people. 

Ironically I'm posting this from my summer job, so I'll see what reality has in store.

Back
Top Bottom