Avatar is killing the box office vol.#1 movie of ALL TIME (soon)

Dont judge it by the previews. Its not a cartoon movie it has a "bigger picture" message and the action, visuals alone is worth the price ofadmission. Its also mor than 2 hours long so you get your paper's worth

The lack of drop off isn't that impressive. It's Christmas weekend. Everybody goes to the movies this weekend. Next weekend will be good too because ofNew Years.

What else is there to watch anyway?
laugh.gif

3D took some away from the movie

the glasses get in the way

hopefully I can see it regular in the upcoming weeks

Its not surprising it would do well for another week, but never expected a 2% drop well, HOLY **!% now thats AMAZING

the christmas season with everything being closed and movies being open contributed to that, PLUS some people saw it in regular theater , then decided go backand see it 3-D, and other saw it in IMAX 3-D, so many possibilites for this movie, thats why its raking in millions

This film was a proof of concept for the technology. I don't think James Cameron really cares if it breaks even or not. He's good for decades with thatTitanic bank

I'm just excited it means theres room for intelligent sci-fi movies in the movie market. More District 9 and Avatar, less Transformers 2.

Although I enjoyed the movie from a purely sci-fi entertainment standpoint, intentionally not analyzing the experience as it happened, there's no denyingthat the movie follows in the traditions of "The Last of the Mochicans" and "The Last Samurai", where a white man is accepted into a tribeand becomes their leader, betraying his race.

For those interested in that angle and further analysis of that point, here is a great article.

http://io9.com/5422666/when-will-white-people-stop-making-movies-like-avatar

Originally Posted by dalilboy

is this movie really worth watching?? everyone says its good
YES!
Originally Posted by Nash

Avatar is brilliant, I loved every minute

Absolutely. I just saw it yesterday. By far the best movie I've seen this year. And whoever said it was slow building up the "love story"...that's probably one of the most irrelevant parts of the movie (as romance typically is). I suggest watching it again and finding a deeper meaning thantwo giant blue things falling in love.

Originally Posted by General Johnson

Although I enjoyed the movie from a purely sci-fi entertainment standpoint, intentionally not analyzing the experience as it happened, there's no denying that the movie follows in the traditions of "The Last of the Mochicans" and "The Last Samurai", where a white man is accepted into a tribe and becomes their leader, betraying his race.

For those interested in that angle and further analysis of that point, here is a great article.

http://io9.com/5422666/when-will-white-people-stop-making-movies-like-avatar
Good point.

I don't think Cameron really set out to create a truly original story, but more of an experience with his technology and film making. His story certainlyisn't original, it's been done before, now it's just on another planet.

Originally Posted by al3x89

doesn't look too interesting, to me at least..
same here..but i know a bunch of people that went to see it and they all said they liked it

My wife and I went to this movie with no idea what it was about. She wasn't too thrilled to watch a movie with "blue people" and she even askedif this is that movie with the blue folks...lol.

We saw the 3D joint on Christmas night and we both agreed that its been a minute since we saw a movie that good. 3D is the way to go....AMAZING. What I likedis that they didn't cheapen the 3D experience by using it mainly to scare you with things flying off the screen at you. Matter of fact, that never happenedif I remember right. What they did do was use it to totally immerse you into the movie world, which was incredible.

Yeah, yeah--the story has already been done before. Are there many movies coming out now though that haven't already been done before? And even though theconcept has been used before, never has it been as visually stimulating as Avatar.

this is the type of movie they could re release a year later just because the experience with the 3d imax is insane.

615 MILLION WORLDWIDE BOX OFFICE IN 10 DAYS. NEVER BEEN DONE! INSANE! It's gonna be the 5th movie to crack a BILLION dollars Worldwide.

great movie i saw it yesterday in imax 3-d, but i think it looks better in Dolby 3-D. the movie never gets boring, well paced, predicable at some parts, halfof the movie you will

start guessing if half of the human characters are CG the CG is that good. if you're holding out to see avatar you're missing out its easily on top tobe the movie of the year

Originally Posted by Frankie Valentino

I'm just excited it means theres room for intelligent sci-fi movies in the movie market. More District 9 and Avatar, less Transformers 2.

AMEN

Yo the movie gets a 10 from me it was extremely good.

That Sgt. or whatever that army dudes name was is badass.

That dude played the villain role very well.

Back
Top Bottom