B.I.G. is wack?

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

I don't understand the argument of, "I respect the impact, I just don't like the music"... When essecitally 95% of BIGs impact, was because of that very music... That you guys claim to not hold in great regards...

If you ask me, that argument is a cop out... straight up... I don't think its possible for a self respecting hip hop fan to not feel him, when he embodies everything hip hop was suppose to be... Odd how they respect Jay but don't feel BIG
smh.gif
smh.gif
BLASPHEMY...

You can feel and respect him but not have him in your top 10 (like me) because there are simply too many other good rappers out.

"he embodies everything hip hop was suppose to be" - this can be said about many rappers, some who were far, far, far, more talented than Biggie.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

mideast...name 10 rappers in big's era that was more talented then him...

Pun
Big L
G Rap
Nas
GZA
KRS-One
Rakim
Canibus
O.C
Percee P
Lord Finesse
Ras Kass
Vinnie Paz (Ikon)
Apathy
Intelligent Hoodlum
Masta Ace
BDK
Chino XL

etc etc etc

btw: I don't necessarily rank all these higher than BIG, but in raw talent, all are better. A few lap Biggie multiple times.

Hovs double meanings are what seperates him from biggie imo....I still find myself catching old HOV lines on the daily

Originally Posted by M16

Pun
Big L
G Rap
Nas
GZA
KRS-One
Rakim
Canibus
O.C
Percee P
Lord Finesse
Ras Kass
Vinnie Paz (Ikon)
Apathy
Intelligent Hoodlum
Masta Ace
BDK

etc etc etc

i said his era...aka WHEN HE WAS ALIVE....and on top of that who had better albums then ready to die in 1995

SOO......

Pun he wasn't on yet
Big L life styles isn't better then ready to die
G Rap hmmm.....very close so thats one
Nas thats 2
GZA 3
KRS-One he was washed up by da time ready to die dropped
Rakim 4
Canibus wasn't on yet
O.C
Percee P
Lord Finesse
Ras Kass
Vinnie Paz (Ikon)
Apathy
Intelligent Hoodlum
Masta Ace
BDK

and thats it, da rest either weren't on when ready to die dropped or they albums just weren't better.

No one said anything about albums, theres your backtalk right there.

Lifestylez > RTD
G Rap close ?
laugh.gif
stop
KRS washed up in '94 ?
laugh.gif

OC crossed out for no reason
Percee been on and infinitely more talented than BIG.. he just never dropped a full LP then
Lord finesse crossed out for no reason
Ras Kass for no reason
Vinnie for no reason
Apathy is same as Percee (no LP, but more talented)
Trag for no reason
Masta Ace for no reason
BDK for no reason

+ and add Chino XL

Putting a line through it doesn't make it any less true. I think you are just in denial. (if you even heard most of the material mentioned, word to TheDiary and The Fix)

i dont think its about how talented a rapper is, because when it comes to making quality music and quality songs Biggie has done a better job than most ofthose you listed if not better. As much as I love Masta Ace, GZA and Jedi Mind Tricks, they don't produce NEARLY the QUALITY of music that BIG did.

Biggie made music that everyone could relate to and anyone could rock to at parties, on their own, with their girl, in the hood, wherever and whenever. That isthe key to becoming a great musician and entertainer. Those guys you always list are great rappers, but they are too surfaced if you know what I mean.

son you can rap your %#$ off all day, but if da album isn't better then thats where you get graded at...

lifestyle of da poor and dangerous is not better then ready to die....da hell is wrong with you
laugh.gif

kool g rap's 3 album's wit DJ polo ain't messin wit ready to die

i love some DITC, but BIG's album was better then all of em....only one coming close was stunts, blunts, and hiphop

KRS one was washed up in 1995 already...i got da source where he's talkin about coming back and still tryin to be relevant.

percee ain't ever drop a LP so its disqualifed.

tradegy ain't messin wit big...his flow was superior

masta ace wasn't messin wit biggie...no way you tellin me sittin on chrome was better then ready to die...

rass kass....nah

vinne praz....c'mon b.
laugh.gif

pound for pound, ready to die and life after death is as flawless as you can have it barnone.

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

i dont think its about how talented a rapper is

Those guys you always list are great rappers

Originally Posted by Ninjahood

son you can rap your %%% off all day, but if da album isn't better then thats where you get graded at..

You asked for 10 more talented rappers, I gave you 10+ more talented rappers. I won't even get into the album debates because we are just going todisagree.

Ninjahood how you letting M16 beat you in a debate. You ask for more talented rappers then he gives it to you and you say "
laugh.gif
their albums arentgood". Pick or choose ninja is it talent or overall.

Edit: I seriously don't understand how some people don't get it. I even used his own analogy on him and he still didn't gt it. The AJ1 will go downin history as one of the shoes that changed the game. But I'll take 3,4,5,6,,8,9,10,11,12,13,19,16 over the AJ1 anyday

i meant album but said talent.....so that was my fault.

albumwise is where it counts...and less then 5 rappers on that list can boast that they have a album as good and as impacting as ready to die.

hey all im saying is they might be more talented with words, but they aint more talented with making music.

Impacting really means nothing by the time Biggie came. The foundation was already set for the most part, and rap declined soon after.

Better albums ? Let's go back to my list.

Big L
G Rap (not once, not twice, THREE times he made better albums... his influence is WHY rtd even is what it is.... )
Nas
GZA
KRS-One
Rakim
O.C (very arguable)
Lord Finesse (influence puts it over)
Ras Kass (RTD, only because of the production)
Vinnie Paz
Intelligent Hoodlum (arguable, just depends what kind of hip hop listener you are. There are days I go back between the two, RTD might get it overall)
Masta Ace (Take a Look Around and maybe SlaughtaHouse arguable)
BDK (arguable.... since you said influence also)
Chino XL (RTD > ; Chino still more of a wordsmith than Biggie ever was)

This looks like Blasphemy to the average rap fan who just has RTD in their top 3 or 5 albums; but this is exactly how I see it. I can add more but let'sleave it here.

Album is subjective.

Especially if you guys have RTD and LAD as your number 1 and number 2. I have RTD as prob my 15 and I have no clue where LAD is on my list. And you can ask mewhat 14 I have before RTD but does it matter you're just gonna say I'm crazy and I'm not respecting the god MC. Watch I'll just give you 3CD's

No order:
2Pac- Makaveli: The 7th Day Theory
Common- Like Water for Chocolate
Outkast- ATLiens

"OMG!!!!!?!?! Better than Ready to Die? BLASPHEMY"

There is your response you can copy and paste. I made it easy for you

oh and albums period..... there are probably 50 albums that have very strong cases for being better than RTD. Not saying I agree that there are THAT manyalbums better, there are many though. Saying so doesn't mean you are %@%%%*!! on BIG.. he is a hip hop great and well appreciated, but not everyone isgoing to feel RTD like that

I'm done with this thread...

Some of y'all obviously don't know the difference between being good at PUTTING WORDS TOGETHER and having NATURAL ABILITY.

Chino muthafukcing XL??????
roll.gif

Good day!

What ?

Chino XL dominates over Biggie in written and off the top (that's raw talent to me.. just spitting right off the top, a great way to measure your overallability) Biggie probably takes it in delivery because of his natural rapping voice and probably flow because it's easier to listen too (hence why he wasmore popular). I said it before though, nothing Biggie ever spit made me stop and rewind.. Chino does it constantly, on his own albums or on guest verses.Biggie wasn't seeing him in a battle either. Some of y'all obviously don't know that "PUTTING WORDS TOGETHER" for someIS a "NATURAL ABILITY"

None of the dudes on that silly list are even close to BIG
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

With the exception of NaS...
GZA, Rakim, KRS, G Rap, Masta Ace?
grin.gif

I'm done with this thread *cue Seinfeld*

None of the dudes on that silly list are even close to BIG
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

With the exception of NaS...

Thanks for stopping by. I saw your name and remembered I forgot to put AZ.

Because the source means anything.... their list of 5 mic albums is an embarrassment.

Originally Posted by M16

Because the source means anything.... their list of 5 mic albums is an embarrassment.
Word Man, The Blueprint got a higher rating than Enta Da Stage & Dah Shinin' so does that make that album better?

I mean the Hot Boys got 4.5 mics, i never took The Source serious

Back
Top Bottom