Basketball Rule Question - Saving the ball from going out of bounds

Originally Posted by Jason23Richardson

My house, my rules. You threw it off my face, but I'm so hard headed it went right back off you.
pimp.gif

Now log off NT and continue our game.

Check ball.

It would still be out on you.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

unless your %!+ is on the bench you are always "in play". If you willingly walk off the court while the ball is still live (and no one calls for a stoppage of play) and I happen to throw the ball off your head, thats out on you.

haha this response is correct and hilarious

[QUOTE name="FilthyRich"]
Originally Posted by FilthyRich

if i read this right

you are inbounds

defender is out of bounds

you while inbounds throw the ball at the out of bounds defender

to me that = you turned over the ball. 

the point of throwing the ball at a defender is to make them the last player inbounds to touch the ball.

in this situation it sounds like you were the last inbounds player to touch the ball. 

this dude said it with confidence too.
roll.gif
you should be permabanned from S&T forum

[/quote]

:lol:

Is that out of bounds on Manu? Can you save the ball in bounds to yourself?

Last edited:

nah i looked it up and i stand corrected

Actually no, you don't :/[/quote]

nah i looked it up and i stand incorrected

Fixed.

Its OP's ball for the same reason any player is ruled out who is about to catch/touch the ball coming from out of bounds without having established being inbounds yet...because said player is out of bounds.  You sir, are wrong.

[/quote]

Do you guys know what "stand corrected" means? He is saying he is wrong.

it would be interesting if standing out of bounds did mean that the player is out of play, imagine just standing out of bounds and reaching at passes knowing that if you get a hand on one its an easy turnover

Both players are "in" the game.

Player A is in bounds and in control of the ball.

Player B is out of the field of play. He is out of bounds.

The ball is thrown from Player A to Player B.

Player B is last to touch the ball as it goes out of bounds. (This covers whether he was out of bounds prior or after having touched the ball)

The problem is that they incorporated teams into the equation. Irregardless of whose team player A and B are on, Player B was last to touch the ball before it went out of bounds. Therefore posession is transferred to Player A and his team.

[QUOTE name="miss kidd0"]
Originally Posted by miss kidd0

so can you throw it off a person who is out of bounds? yes or no

Yes

[/quote]

/ thread. the worst is playing pickup ball with dudes who don't actually know the rules and then they argue.

The worst one for me is travelling. after dribbling you can pick up the ball and take two steps, no matter how long your strides are, you can take two steps and its not a travel. im tall so i cover a lot of ground and they call travel lol.

if i read this right

you are inbounds

defender is out of bounds

you while inbounds throw the ball at the out of bounds defender

to me that = you turned over the ball. 

the point of throwing the ball at a defender is to make them the last player inbounds to touch the ball.

in this situation it sounds like you were the last inbounds player to touch the ball. 

this dude said it with confidence too.
roll.gif
you should be permabanned from S&T forum

:lol:

Is that out of bounds on Manu? Can you save the ball in bounds to yourself?[/quote]

No not out of bounds.

Yes

Do you even basketball?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom