Beats by Dre HD Solo's snapping around the headband.

So I've had my pair of Beats by Dre HD Solo's for around a year. I paid I guess around $250 for these around a year ago. Out of nowhere the other night I picked them up to place them on my head and they just snapped. No unusual motion or mistreatment of them. The sound quality of these actually pleased me. I've heard a lot of negativity surrounding this brand but I never believed any of it. All of us hip-hop heads have plenty of respect for Dr. Dre. The quality of the build of the headphones just isn't there. These headphones are made of plastic. They snapped easier than I could snap a tree branch in my yard. Not surprised whatsoever. The worst part about the whole thing is I have done a little research around this problem and it seems to be a very prevalent problem. People posting youtube video and what not having the same thing occur. I sent Beats by Dre an e-mail requesting atleast a replacement part if not a replacement headphone at full. You'd think they had a warranty that at least covered a year or so. I've yet to hear back from them. I plan on going up to by local Best Buy where I purchased them and raising hell. There might a slight possibly that one of my parents purchased the accident plan. I know more than likely the end result will be that they will refuse to replace the product or even take the time to help me out judging by what most other people seemed to have experienced. Anyone else had this problem? Thoughts?

Your best bet is to contact the manufacturer because Best Buy is going to tell you to do that.
Did you buy them just because or did you read reviews of the Beats before you bought them?
Also how long ago did you buy them?
Most electronics have a 3-12 month warranty.

Originally Posted by kushandkoolaid

I think I bought them around last Christmas.. most likely it is gonna be RIP.
It says that they have a limited warranty of only 3 months and you need the receipt.

You can read more about their warranty here.
http://beatsbydre.com/support/Warranty.aspx

Edit: You can only make a warranty claim two months after the purchase date.

Originally Posted by iYen

It says that they have a limited warranty of only 3 months and you need the receipt.

just a little tip.

call customer support. tell them yours snapped, and see what they can do. say you got it as a gift... they will let it slide just once. you send in your pair and they send you a brand new one. they will ask for a receipt but just say it was a gift and didnt get one. you'll get a confirmation number for your case. it takes around 3 weeks though.

enjoy your new pair of beats.

my beats earbuds did me the same way snapped around the rim of the bud, told me i waould have to pay for repair when i called customer service

Originally Posted by sillyputty

BUT THEY LOOK SO COOL!

41EOdcYqT3L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

These $50 headphones but those beats to shame. Bunch of sheep 'round here.

Originally Posted by yngSIMBA

Originally Posted by caleekicks

Originally Posted by sillyputty

BUT THEY LOOK SO COOL!

Ya you can go get a pair of Shaq's at Payless for 20 bucks, but I doubt you're doing that.. 
grin.gif
this

NT headphone threads are the absolute worst. Bunch of hypocritical purists.

-The Juice

Originally Posted by JuiceEsquire

Originally Posted by caleekicks

Ya you can go get a pair of Shaq's at Payless for 20 bucks, but I doubt you're doing that.. 
grin.gif
this

-The Juice
quoted for extra emphasis, but they all complain about how "garbage" the quality of shoes Nike's putting out 
eyes.gif

the Solos have a habit of doing that sadly. Mine havent done that basically because ive used them twice and have them stashed under my bed
laugh.gif

my Studios have a hairline crack in the headband, actually Monster sells replacement headbands for the Studios for $10 but havent even bothered buying it yet.

that's why you buy products for quality, not hype.

$250 could have gotten you an amazing pair of sennheisers

we have to educate ourselves as consumers.

You lost when you bought Solos for $250 last Christmas when I bought mine around the same time for $80 from the employee sale they had online.

Originally Posted by kiendienn

Yeah but all of the cool kids aren't wearing sennheisers and they don't have "Dre" in them, duuuuuh
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

Yeah but all of the cool kids aren't wearing sennheisers and they don't have "Dre" in them, duuuuuh
laugh.gif
^ duh

When I bought my 1st pair of solo's I made sure to buy the 2 year warranty since I read they snapped so easily which was only 25 bucks extra, around 4 or 5 months after having them they just snapped. 

The woman at the Best Buy I bought them at told me that they knew about the snapping problem so all I had to do was take them to the store and they would give me a brand new one off the shelf. I don't know if your Best Buy does that but if you have an extended warranty they should do it. 

On a semi related note, when I broke them and brought them back they told me they stopped making solo's and only made Solo HD's so I got the RED ones for no extra price, just had to renew the warranty since they were technically a different type.

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

laugh.gif
^ duh
sorry, my bad for being wrong, mods please delete my post.

ignorant folks need to shutup.

you can replace them for up to a year just call and tell them your situation.

beats are amazing i love mine... i fell asleep and cracked my headband by sleeping on it but haven't had problems since the replacement

Originally Posted by mases apprentice

Originally Posted by iYen

just a little tip.

call customer support. tell them yours snapped, and see what they can do. say you got it as a gift... they will let it slide just once. you send in your pair and they send you a brand new one. they will ask for a receipt but just say it was a gift and didnt get one. you'll get a confirmation number for your case. it takes around 3 weeks though.

enjoy your new pair of beats.
Mases more info?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by RetroSan

Originally Posted by JuiceEsquire

grin.gif
this

-The Juice
quoted for extra emphasis, but they all complain about how "garbage" the quality of shoes Nike's putting out 
eyes.gif
That has got to be one of the worst examples I've ever read. First and foremost, you are equating headphones to shoes. They serve two entirely different purposes, and depending on what you want/need the product to do, your expectations for it vary. Secondly, you're not accounting for the main argument: quality as it relates to the price paid. You can pay $20 for some Shaqs, that's fine. The main argument here is that someone is paying Air Jordan money and getting Air Shaq quality.

Going on, for the price that many people pay for the Beats headphones are absurd for the quality in sound and encasing relative to headphones in the same price range from other brands. People like to talk about Sennheisers, but you could go with just about any other brand, pay the same amount, and receive a much better pair of headphones. Likewise, you could take a trip to Walgreens, drop $10, and get some Koss headphones. Sadly, as is the case with most things in this society, people tend to pay for the brand/logo rather than the quality that they put out. I'm not innocent either -- but you certainly won't catch me paying copious amounts of money for certain things (e.g. shoes) now that I've realized.

Back
Top Bottom