Brand Jordan Edition: The Last dance Documentary.

Nah, I trashed my pair when I was 15/16. I've picked these up over the years.

I just finished restoring these retro XIII’s (was a sample colorway back in 1997-98 ) I got from Goodwill months back. Washed them and then went to work on the white leather upper. Then, masked off the yellowed pods and hit them with paint as well. I think they turned out nice for $12 sneakers, my first restoration as well :smile: :emoji_thumbsup:

see the difference.
81F80E58-9A1F-4A9F-8947-5D9795DCAC7F.jpeg

Finally done.
8C05AB00-C2A7-456C-9A7F-7165932B5A5C.jpeg

Last edited:
I just finished restoring these retro XIII’s (was a sample colorway back in 98) I got from Goodwill months back. Washed them and them went to work on the white leather upper. Then, masked off the yellowed pods and hit them with paint as well. I think they turned out nice for $12 sneakers, my first restoration as well :smile: :emoji_thumbsup:

see the difference.
81F80E58-9A1F-4A9F-8947-5D9795DCAC7F.jpeg

Finally done.
View attachment 2564052
They look new. Nice job.

I am so excited for the next episode which will highlight MJ Brand.

I had to pull out these DS OG Pairs I have:

12_1.jpg

HOLY S***! The shape on the OG XII is so beautiful. None of the retros have had that proper narrowness. And of course these didn't come laced up all tight from the factory, so they still have that natural stance and form :pimp:

12_1.jpg

HOLY S***! The shape on the OG XII is so beautiful. None of the retros have had that proper narrowness. And of course these didn't come laced up all tight from the factory, so they still have that natural stance and form :pimp:

retros are waaaaaay more comfortable. ive had 2 OG's...tanks but wild stiff.

My game royals feel pretty decent on foot but my 2016 flu games feel pretty freaking stiff.. Would not ball in them.

I remember when he broke those out in New York. I thought they were 94s, but supposedly they are truly 85s. Apparently his feet were shredded wearing them. It was a cool tribute though.

I guess it makes me wonder though. If he was gonna throw some Chis on in New York, why not some Black Toes in Chicago?

If anything this doc makes me want another pair of Chi 13s. Other than the pe 13 playoff lows JB OWES us. :D

Maybe preseason? But it would coincide with the Black toe 13s.
Maybe, not sure. I was obsessed with the Black Toe’s back then because he had them on in the famous Chicago skyline poster and hang tag. I wanted them so badly but they never released in my area so I had to settle for Chicago’s. I used to always pay attention to his shoes during games and I just remember Chicago’s the most. I’m glad all of these years later I was able to finally get Black Toe’s. He could’ve played in them, but I never witnessed it personally.

I can’t wait until we get Chicago’s and Black Toes again in this new proper ‘85 retro.. No more watered down OG 1s!!

Maybe, not sure. I was obsessed with the Black Toe’s back then because he had them on in the famous Chicago skyline poster and hang tag. I wanted them so badly but they never released in my area so I had to settle for Chicago’s. I used to always pay attention to his shoes during games and I just remember Chicago’s the most. I’m glad all of these years later I was able to finally get Black Toe’s. He could’ve played in them, but I never witnessed it personally.
Only time MJ wore them was away games in early year of 85 I think. Sure you know that already, Would have been cool though for him to break those out in Chicago during that last year there.

I remember when he broke those out in New York. I thought they were 94s, but supposedly they are truly 85s. Apparently his feet were shredded wearing them. It was a cool tribute though.

I thought they were 94's as well...

foot was shredded cuz he wore em a whole 2 sizes down, he's a 13.5 and i think he wore a 12.5.

Yeah, rainking rainking says he don’t give a ****
At least he is being honest. The history may not be as important. Which makes sense of JBs possible hesitation of certain releases.
:lol:
In fairness to ... me, I never said I don't care about the history. I know and appreciate the history. I just have never (at least not since I was literally a kid) bought a pair of shoes ONLY because Mike or anyone else wore them. Ships are an even older, lesser AJ1, and I always thought 1s are, well, what they are: very outdated and old-style athletic shoes that look a lot like many other shoes from the '80s. I also never really liked 2s, and have never bought a pair.

I'm not going to say I never bought a Jordan that I wouldn't have bought had they not been attached to MJ, but I at least had to like them somewhat LOL. I remember getting the OG 8s when they came out when I was in 11th grade mostly just because they were the new Jordan, but I still found them somewhat interesting. These days, I wouldn't buy a pair because I don't particularly like them even a little bit anymore in terms of the design. To a lesser degree I feel the same about the 7s. If anything, I'd rather double or triple up on pairs I really do like than spending $200 a pop on certain models just to have them for posterity. I've never considered myself a collector in that sense, so it's not something that drives my purchases.

Back
Top Bottom