Brand Jordan Edition: The Last dance Documentary.

retros are waaaaaay more comfortable. ive had 2 OG's...tanks but wild stiff.
The retro is softer, but not enough to make up for how they look in my view.

The OG was never UN-comfortable for me.
I played loads of ball in my OG taxis in the IM gyms and leagues during college. I didn't mind them but I remember definitely how heavy they were. More than one person who owned 12s back then commented to me, dude, I don't know how you're playing in those; they all just rocked their pairs casually. I thought it was a bit over the top on their part, but I also understood where they were coming from. But like is always said, the upside is that they WERE tanks. Those things took everything and every game I threw at them without issue. I don't even remember when or why I eventually tossed them. Probably two or three years later when I didn't play in them anymore and they were scuffed up and just taking up space in the back of my closet. I didn't think back then to keep all these shoes just for history's sake.

Oh, we sure as hell know THAT. :rofl:

I‘ve never been a fan of the 7, and not really the 8 either; but the 7 really has to be a special pair for me to buy them. I don’t even have the Hare’s, Bordeaux’s or the Olympic’s in my stash.
I haven't had a pair of 7s since my OG hares in 10th grade. One thing I hated about that shoe was, every once in a while I'd play in them, and it took nothing for your foot sweat to soak through part of the gray toebox. They looked awful like that LOL

I haven't had a pair of 7s since my OG hares in 10th grade. One thing I hated about that shoe was, every once in a while I'd play in them, and it took nothing for your foot sweat to soak through part of the gray toebox. They looked awful like that LOL
Stop dating yourself...never mind...we know you’re almost 60. :lol:

No, but seriously, the Hare’s I had from the countdown pack made me look like I had a flipper on. Besides that, I‘m not a fan of the ankle ears. Plus, they are flimsy and bend weird ways.

Stop dating yourself...never mind...we know you’re almost 60. :lol:

No, but seriously, the Hare’s I had from the countdown pack made me look like I had a flipper on. Besides that, I‘m not a fan of the ankle ears. Plus, they are flimsy and bend weird ways.
:lol: Not 60. Ninety.
Ha, yeah, 7s are just a strange shoe to me. Cool idea by Tinker, they have interesting features ... but even back then I never liked the way they looked on my feet. If anything, they're too slim and sleek. They don't look cool with sweat/warmup pants, and in my advanced age, that's a huge strike against them LOL

Do we have any confirmation that the Chicago 1’s worn in his last MSG game as a member of the Chicago Bulls were OG’s? The debate has long been there and I’ve always been of the mindset that they were ‘94’s or some special 1 of 1 pair Nike made for Michael at the time. 2 reasons being, 1.) they’ve always looked less narrow and less high cut then OG’s and 2.) I have a hard time believing Nike would let Michael play in a shoe that’s been sitting around for 13 years. Rubber midsole aside, the risk would be too big. Even with ‘94 1’s it was still iffy to allow him to play in 3-4 year old shoes but more feasible.

Do we have any confirmation that the Chicago 1’s worn in his last MSG game as a member of the Chicago Bulls were OG’s? The debate has long been there and I’ve always been of the mindset that they were ‘94’s or some special 1 of 1 pair Nike made for Michael at the time. 2 reasons being, 1.) they’ve always looked less narrow and less high cut then OG’s and 2.) I have a hard time believing Nike would let Michael play in a shoe that’s been sitting around for 13 years. Rubber midsole aside, the risk would be too big. Even with ‘94 1’s it was still iffy to allow him to play in 3-4 year old shoes but more feasible.
It's been documented, though I haven't looked it up lately so I forget where. MJ said it was the same pair he wore when he dropped the famous 63 on the Celtics in '86. I think he said Juanita found them in the closet and he decided to break them out. That was the whole reason he chose to wear them, because they had meaning to him and historical significance beyond just being a pair of 1s. They might have talked about it on the broadcast of that Knicks game as well, I haven't watched it in a while.

I completely understand a guy wearing a shoe night in night out playing ball on tv would create interest. But to think a spot on this documentary can cause 1s to spike? If anything I would have thought 13s and Lasst shot 14s would rise in demand.

those series he played in those shoes haven’t been covered yet. When you see episode 5 tonight, you will see what I mean.

Plus Chicagos went from 700-800 in some sizes to 1200-1500 in two weeks. To say it’s not a side effect of the documentary would be disingenuous to say the least.

It's been documented, though I haven't looked it up lately so I forget where. MJ said it was the same pair he wore when he dropped the famous 63 on the Celtics in '86. I think he said Juanita found them in the closet and he decided to break them out. That was the whole reason he chose to wear them, because they had meaning to him and historical significance beyond just being a pair of 1s. They might have talked about it on the broadcast of that Knicks game as well, I haven't watched it in a while.
I knew the part where his wife found them in the closet and everything after that but never heard they were the 63 point pair. I thought that pair was modified in some way coming off his foot injury.
unnamed.jpg
michael-jordan-last-game-at-madison-square-garden-as-chicago-bull-2.jpg
Midsole different. the pair against Boston had the 1.5 bottoms.

Last edited:

Wait what? Wasn’t this pair small for him? IIRC, he said his foot was killing him because of how small they were.

one thing I love about this documentary is da 4th wall breaking aspect of it where every now and then da director will give whoever he's interviewing an iPad and instantly show them a whole different clip of da documentary we're all watching in real-time which gives it a kind of instant reaction.

I knew the part where his wife found them in the closet and everything after that but never heard they were the 63 point pair. I thought that pair was modified in some way coming off his foot injury.
unnamed.jpg
michael-jordan-last-game-at-madison-square-garden-as-chicago-bull-2.jpg
Midsole different. the pair against Boston had the 1.5 bottoms.
Good eye. Well I guess Mike got confused, then, because I know I read that or it might even be said on the broadcast of the Knicks game. Maybe he didn’t say that exactly and it was misreported by someone as the actual Boston shoe and not just the same model from back then.
Wait what? Wasn’t this pair small for him? IIRC, he said his foot was killing him because of how small they were.
I pretty sure the issue was that they were too small for him.
It was. He said/ it was reported, at least, that his feet had grown another half size or size since the 1s had been his game shoe.

Anybody know what shoes mj wore when he was walking around Barcelona into the coliseum?

Air Max 180. I haven’t even watched tonight’s episodes yet and I know that :rofl:

Last edited:
My contribution to the Last Dance sneaker head edition tonight is an homage to Kobe, since he was mentioned in episode 5. Kobe’s favorite Jordan model was the 3. And as most know, Tinker designed this colorway of the Kobe 11 as an homage to that love for the 3s. Kobe once said something along the lines of that Tinker caused Kobe’s parents some headaches because he wanted Jordans as a kid 🖤🐍✨🐐
DA5B9F51-2256-4977-9C21-7AD4702345A1.jpeg
BD766649-E9B1-4A14-8BBA-43DEDA9564AC.jpeg
7B856FEC-7F2F-43B7-8B10-EA75A7B9ACE5.jpeg
F3548ED4-6639-4F46-9A11-CE3121C770FE.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom