Can $3 MILLION (CASH) Last You The Rest of Your Life?

Originally Posted by Julian Wright

Originally Posted by VeryAnalytical85

^ This. I could probably live on $25 million with a normal lifestyle
What the hell. That's normal for you?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
, yo he said for the "Rest of Your Life."
Meaning you wouldn't need to work a job or do anything to raise additional funds. $3 million dollars, in this day and age with the inflated cost of living in the U.S. won't get you settled down for scrap. The minimum amount for education alone, without scholarships you're looking at $100-200K already. Take in consideration your financial situation if you already have a family to take care of (or planning to have one in the future). Then you have your luxuries (nice car, electronics, luxury home etc.) that you "ideally" want to have. Lastly, you would want to stay "fairly rich or decently wealthy." So what are you going to do to invest and allow the revenue to continue if three million is all you got?

So again, living a "normal" day to day life style without working a job, making investments or businesses and living with a house, car and all the trimmings (with a wife and one, maybe two kids) 25 million. Would be enough for that, anything for the high life, you would need to make more, real talk.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Meaning you wouldn't need to work a job or do anything to raise additional funds. $3 million dollars, in this day and age with the inflated cost of living in the U.S. won't get you settled down for scrap. The minimum amount for education alone, without scholarships you're looking at $100-200K already. Take in consideration your financial situation if you already have a family to take care of (or planning to have one in the future). Then you have your luxuries (nice car, electronics, luxury home etc.) that you "ideally" want to have. Lastly, you would want to stay "fairly rich or decently wealthy." So what are you going to do to invest and allow the revenue to continue if three million is all you got?

So again, living a "normal" day to day life style without working a job, making investments or businesses and living with a house, car and all the trimmings (with a wife and one, maybe two kids) 25 million. Would be enough for that, anything for the high life, you would need to make more, real talk.

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

This question may have been answered but: Can I invest?
I mean, I guess...It's a gamble on your part.
Depends on how you're investing it.  You could easily make that $3M work for you.

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

This question may have been answered but: Can I invest?
I mean, I guess...It's a gamble on your part.
Depends on how you're investing it.  You could easily make that $3M work for you.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

uh.

you don't need 25m for the lifestyle you just outlined.

house - 2m
college for 2 - 400k
assuming they both wanna be MDs - 400k
food every year for 80 years - 1.6m
car for everyone in your family - 800k
vacation every year for 80 years - 1.6m

that's most of the "important" stuff and it's only 6.8m. i think it's safe to assume the other misc expenses won't add up to the 18.2m

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

uh.

house - 2m
college for 2 - 400k

that's most of the "important" stuff and it's only 6.8m. i think it's safe to assume the other misc expenses won't add up to the 18.2m

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

uh.

house - 2m
college for 2 - 400k

the hell kinda life you trying to live?

2 millie house?
roll.gif

800k for cars for the fam? you, wife and say 3 kids? lets say a nice/ reliable cars for 40 k ea? = 200 k.. not adding the fact that your kids are working and different age groups.. you have time to stack bread.

i wont go on.. but dudes really trying to live the lifestyle.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

uh.

house - 2m
college for 2 - 400k

the hell kinda life you trying to live?

2 millie house?
roll.gif

800k for cars for the fam? you, wife and say 3 kids? lets say a nice/ reliable cars for 40 k ea? = 200 k.. not adding the fact that your kids are working and different age groups.. you have time to stack bread.

i wont go on.. but dudes really trying to live the lifestyle.

If I can get an ~8% return on my 3mill yearly then sure. After paying capital gains tax it'll still be over 100k per year. I'd get a job and be fine. But my goals are a bit higher.

If I can get an ~8% return on my 3mill yearly then sure. After paying capital gains tax it'll still be over 100k per year. I'd get a job and be fine. But my goals are a bit higher.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

uh.

you do need at least 25m for the lifestyle you just outlined.

house - 2m
college for 2 - 400k

that's the most important stuff
I don't know where you folks live at in the U.S. but unless you're living in some backwater town, with lots of land and no regard for modern metropolitan and/or somewhat luxurious lifestyle. In CA, you're bugging if you can live on $3 million for the rest of your life, without investing or holding a steady career position. A lot of the things you buy (especially if they're luxury) requires a high upkeep of payment (or maintenence). I was being conservative, seeing that people would choose one, two or no luxuries at all to maintain this newfound fortune. 
Also, you're assuming that the economy wouldn't drastically change within the duration of your lifetime, while having this additional income is another thing to keep in mind. 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

uh.

you do need at least 25m for the lifestyle you just outlined.

house - 2m
college for 2 - 400k

that's the most important stuff
I don't know where you folks live at in the U.S. but unless you're living in some backwater town, with lots of land and no regard for modern metropolitan and/or somewhat luxurious lifestyle. In CA, you're bugging if you can live on $3 million for the rest of your life, without investing or holding a steady career position. A lot of the things you buy (especially if they're luxury) requires a high upkeep of payment (or maintenence). I was being conservative, seeing that people would choose one, two or no luxuries at all to maintain this newfound fortune. 
Also, you're assuming that the economy wouldn't drastically change within the duration of your lifetime, while having this additional income is another thing to keep in mind. 

Back
Top Bottom