Can $3 MILLION (CASH) Last You The Rest of Your Life?

I believe I could make it last. I don't plan on buying a new car until I graduate, so the only thing I would do is pay my tuition and live like a normal college student. At least that is what I believe.

I believe I could make it last. I don't plan on buying a new car until I graduate, so the only thing I would do is pay my tuition and live like a normal college student. At least that is what I believe.

I would buy myself the following:
150-250k home w/ nice furniture
Certified used Sierra w/ low miles
Dodge Challenger w/ a widebody kit 26's in the back 24's in front
Chevy Volt
Daughter would have 100k for school/ wedding
Pay up the rest of my college tuition

If I could do all this for less than 500k I'm good. I would invest the rest.

I would buy myself the following:
150-250k home w/ nice furniture
Certified used Sierra w/ low miles
Dodge Challenger w/ a widebody kit 26's in the back 24's in front
Chevy Volt
Daughter would have 100k for school/ wedding
Pay up the rest of my college tuition

If I could do all this for less than 500k I'm good. I would invest the rest.

Originally Posted by VeryAnalytical85

^ This. I could probably live on $25 million with a normal lifestyle
What the hell. That's normal for you?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

To those that say they can easily live comfortably, it is easier said than done. Money changes people. $3 mil lands on your lap, it's easy to say I'll buy a house and a car or two and that is it but it isn't as simple as that. Are you really going to pay cash for your house? Are you going to settle for a $400k house? In Cali, that can be a dilapidated 2 bedroom in a crappy neighborhood. If you pay cash, you still have to pay for taxes yearly, a house comes with utilities and bills, home maintenance, etc... Most will quit their job or take a year break, chances are they'll get comfortable and won't go back to work. You'll go in vacations and obviously splurge a bit, $10k-$20k easily in a week and that is being somewhat reasonable to someone who has $3m. There are other reasons too, relatives, family, bad investments, school, etc... There is a reason a lot of these people who wins the lottery go broke eventually.

I'm bored tonight and the Laker game is a blowout so excuse the long post.

To those that say they can easily live comfortably, it is easier said than done. Money changes people. $3 mil lands on your lap, it's easy to say I'll buy a house and a car or two and that is it but it isn't as simple as that. Are you really going to pay cash for your house? Are you going to settle for a $400k house? In Cali, that can be a dilapidated 2 bedroom in a crappy neighborhood. If you pay cash, you still have to pay for taxes yearly, a house comes with utilities and bills, home maintenance, etc... Most will quit their job or take a year break, chances are they'll get comfortable and won't go back to work. You'll go in vacations and obviously splurge a bit, $10k-$20k easily in a week and that is being somewhat reasonable to someone who has $3m. There are other reasons too, relatives, family, bad investments, school, etc... There is a reason a lot of these people who wins the lottery go broke eventually.

I'm bored tonight and the Laker game is a blowout so excuse the long post.

Back
Top Bottom