Can $3 MILLION (CASH) Last You The Rest of Your Life?

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

3M?...easily
proper investments and living off that interest.300... even at a meager 5% return..  you're looking at 150K annually.
I don't know what the tax rate would be given I'm using hypothetical investment vehicles...but even at 40%... you're still looking at 90K a year.

add that to my current salary..and I'm sitting pretty

Best answer so far, this is how I view it too.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

3M?...easily
proper investments and living off that interest.300... even at a meager 5% return..  you're looking at 150K annually.
I don't know what the tax rate would be given I'm using hypothetical investment vehicles...but even at 40%... you're still looking at 90K a year.

add that to my current salary..and I'm sitting pretty

Best answer so far, this is how I view it too.

Hell yeah it can...my monthly expenses now are less than 2k...keep it simple and you could do it

you can send the check tomorrow

Hell yeah it can...my monthly expenses now are less than 2k...keep it simple and you could do it

you can send the check tomorrow

Originally Posted by GFlower8

i'd ball out with 1 mill then save the remaining 2 milli in the bank, and just live life normally after that... school.. job.. etcc
Exactly What I would do..

Just pick up a nice car, and see if I can move to a better house. No need to be flashy.

Originally Posted by GFlower8

i'd ball out with 1 mill then save the remaining 2 milli in the bank, and just live life normally after that... school.. job.. etcc
Exactly What I would do..

Just pick up a nice car, and see if I can move to a better house. No need to be flashy.

i think so... just don't be so frivolous and buy things you don't need aka expensive jewelry or cars

i think so... just don't be so frivolous and buy things you don't need aka expensive jewelry or cars

Originally Posted by Essential1

It can but you would still have to be tight with your money..

For example say you work at a full time job from 25-65.. $3,000,000 is equivalent to $75K a year...

^ This. I could probably live on $25 million with a normal lifestyle. I'm talking, simple lifestyle of house, car, insurance coverage, family needs, education and etc.
Nothing too fancy, maybe a vacation once every 5-10 years. But even then I would still probably work just to be active and start more charities and small businesses to keep the revenue flowing.

Originally Posted by Essential1

It can but you would still have to be tight with your money..

For example say you work at a full time job from 25-65.. $3,000,000 is equivalent to $75K a year...

^ This. I could probably live on $25 million with a normal lifestyle. I'm talking, simple lifestyle of house, car, insurance coverage, family needs, education and etc.
Nothing too fancy, maybe a vacation once every 5-10 years. But even then I would still probably work just to be active and start more charities and small businesses to keep the revenue flowing.

Back
Top Bottom