Cheap things you do vol. every dollar counts

Buy 1 movie ticket for myself, have my wife wait in the back exit and just open the door for her.

I put water in the dishwashing soap... I'll stretch that bottle out an extra 2 weeks... lol, wifey hates that...

I've paid for backwoods and dutches with dimes and nickels and pennies..

Buy most of my clothes on discount...

went 3 years without cable back in the day (2011-2014) netflix and dvds

The only reason I have cable now because I work for a cable company...

I drove my car from 08 -2014 with no insurance... lol

Took a chick to a bar after a comedy show in the barclays.... bought the vodka b4 we went into the bar... made her make her own drinKS under the table... (didn't smash)(didn't care)

I switched from backwoods to fronto leaf..
(Save at least 150 dollars a year)

today I had my lunch ready in the living room..left for work really early and was thinking I was doing great..when I was about 5 mins from work I realized I didn't bring my lunch
with me in the car..I was pissed at myself all day..I always bring my lunch

I put water in the dishwashing soap... I'll stretch that bottle out an extra 2 weeks... lol, wifey hates that...

Took a chick to a bar after a comedy show in the barclays.... bought the vodka b4 we went into the bar... made her make her own drinKS under the table... (didn't smash)(didn't care)

How did you renew your tag every year with no car insurance?

You are a terrible terrible person lol :lol:

Backwoods over fronto anyday !!! :angry::angry::frown: :smh:

Some gas stations charge $ for putting air in your tires. The times I’ve needed air in my tires I told the cashier inside that the machine ate my quarters. They turn on the air machine on manually from the register area
In Cali it is Law that gas stations must provide free air and water with purchase of gas. I just park next to a pump then go to the window and tell the cashier to turn on the air machine.

Can you list other things you do similar to that.
I've been updating this thread since I started it 3 years ago:
I ask if I can have the hangers whenever I buy clothes so I don't have to buy any.
I ask for a refill in a to go cup for my soda when I go out to eat at a restaurant.
I tip 10%.
I ask for a refill of popcorn and soda after the movie's over before I leave.
If restaurants give bread with your meal, I ask for those to go, as well.
I stock up on hotel soap whenever I'm on vacation so I don't have to buy any.

Can't think of anymore right now, but I'll add more if I can think if some.

What about you?

Whenever I'm eating fast food, I make sure to grab extra ketchup, salt, and pepper for the house.

I make sure to get my money's worth when I'm paying for parking. If I'm early, I find a way to kill time and won't leave a minute before my parking expires.

All of my trash bags are Safeway/Target bags. Who buys trash bags?

Instead of tupper ware, I have take out cartons for my food.

My girl's mom saves popcorn buckets and soda cups and sneaks it into the theater then asks fof a refill.

Yesterday I got a soda at McDonald's at the drivethru for a soda. When I finished the soda, there was another McDonald's nearby so I just parked and walked in with my cup and refilled my soda. None of the workers said anything. Will be saving my McDonald's cup from now on. :pimp:

Sometimes I save money on my water bill by showering at my apartment club house.

Go to Starbucks and order your drink. When they're done with the drink, tell them they made it wrong and they'll do it again. Since they'll throw it out anyway, ask if you can keep the old one and give it to whoever you're with. My girl has done this a couple times and gives me the "wrong" one. :lol:

Whenever I go out to eat with my girl, we order 1 soda to share.

My wife stocks up on sample perfume in those tiny bottles everytime we go to Nordstrom or Macy's instead of just buying it.

I apparently, I'm cheap cuz I wouldn't let anybody use my Netflix account.

My mother in law had a huge birthday party for my baby sister and she bought all her balloons at the Dollar Tree.

Got a whole stash of cups of Tabasco from Chipotle at the house. Not gonna be buying any for a while. :pimp:

I also have hella barbeque sauce from Famous Dave's.

If it's at a restaurant that gives bread, chips, etc., I insist on eating there cuz they're essentially free.... Then make sure to get an extra thing of bread or chips to go before heading out. 8)

Lol, when Olive Garden did their unlimited pasta, I made sure to refill it, then got that to go, as well. :lol: Same with the salad.

Me and my wife went to Cheesecake Factory and she told the waiter it was my birthday just to get a free dessert.

Our AMC has self-serve soda and slurpees. I order a soda and just fill it up with slurpee.

There's an exit in the back of my theater. In high school, one person would buy a ticket then go and open the door to let the rest of us in.

We have to pay 0.05 for paper bags at our supermarket. At self checkout just put in 0 paper bags. I do it in front of the employees and they don't care. I'm not paying for paper bags.

I did this not too long ago. Was 10 minutes late to refill my parking and got one. Was like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ guess I don't need to pay for parking and just continued hanging out for the rest of the day. Saved it and now I don't pay to park in the city.

Everytime we go to all you can eat Korean BBQ, the people working are never around. Next time we go I'm telling my wife to sneak a bunch of Ziploc bags in her purse.

I go to the pizza place at the mall I work at 5 mins before closing. They'll give me slices of pizza for $1 or a whole one for $5. Sometimes even free if I catch them in a good mood.

I make sure to get my money's worth when I'm paying for parking. If I'm early, I find a way to kill time and won't leave a minute before my parking expires

Impressive

In December, my wife had a holiday party at her job and she was running low on perfume. She tells me she needs to run to the mall and get some. We go to Macy's and Nordstrom and she ask the ladies at the counter for samples and tells me, 'Let's go!'

Call Comcast and find a petty reason to complain then threaten to leave. They'll give you free HBO, Showtime, etc. for 3-6 months. Do this every time it's up and I haven't paid for any of those channels for years.

Havent been on nt for too long but this is hands down the worst thread on here :smh:

There's a diff between being savvy with money and being a cheapskate. Eventually karma catches up with people whom are the latter.

I've also heard that samples or testers are more concentrated and last longer then the bottles they sell in order to make you buy it. Co worker stocks up on them
In December, my wife had a holiday party at her job and she was running low on perfume. She tells me she needs to run to the mall and get some. We go to Macy's and Nordstrom and she ask the ladies at the counter for samples and tells me, 'Let's go!'

Back
Top Bottom