CRAB DRIBBLE????

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Right here:
called that a travel when i was watching that game, changing pivot foot, try guarding that!
laugh.gif

i feel like making a thread about travelling violations that weren't called, there's so many in my head right now that i remember even being showed asa top 10 play,
laugh.gif

If Kobe would've came to a jumpshot and landed on two feet which I think is what he intended to do, it wouldn't have been a travel.

roll.gif
@ Bron saying he's gonna keep the 'crab dribble' in his arsenal. Dude really believes that's not a travel

Xtapolapacetl:
Right here:

*wondering what that has to do with LeBron's travel*

Oh wait, now I see the connection between LeBron and that video: you're a huge LeBron fan who insists on responding with 'Well what about Kobe?'anytime anything negative is said about your boy. That's right. I forgot about that. Now it all makes sense what that video has to do with LeBron.

laugh.gif

A simple 'Yeah, he traveled' would make you a lot more credible.
laugh.gif
Hell, 'He traveled, just like Kobe right here:' would have been better.

But noooo... heaven forbid you call a spade a spade regarding anything negative said about LeBron.

1. JRose on ESPN was
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

2. Kobe's my favorite athlete ever, and I've been playing basketball since I was 5.... that was a travel by Kobester.

i find it really hard to believe that none of these sports writers have even heard of the crab dribble. i've been playing ball all my life and i was toldabout the crab dribble when i was a young kid. and that was definitely not a crab dribble what lebron did. crab dribbles are used in the post and are alsocalled power dribbles. you see them almost every single game that's played. it's not a new move.

Baaaaaack in the day, like early 90s, I've always heard people say if you're making a penetrating/driving/offensive move toward the basket, you areallowed an extra step (or atleast the refs let it slide). And that's fair if and only if they let it slide for everyone.

I had a friend who was a big college fan and HATED the NBA and would always complain about this to me.
laugh.gif

Oh and crab dribble is like a galloping dribble..where you dribble moving horizontally, and you're bent forward and you're closer to the ground.Atleast that's what I think it is.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Xtapolapacetl:
Right here:

Oh wait, now I see the connection between LeBron and that video: you're a huge LeBron fan who insists on responding with 'Well what about Kobe?' anytime anything negative is said about your boy. That's right. I forgot about that. Now it all makes sense what that video has to do with LeBron.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

But noooo... heaven forbid you call a spade a spade regarding anything negative said about LeBron.

QFT... that had absolutely no business entering this thread.

roll.gif
@ the crab dribble tho

Xtapolapacetl:
Right here:

Oh wait, now I see the connection between LeBron and that video: you're a huge LeBron fan who insists on responding with 'Well what about Kobe?' anytime anything negative is said about your boy. That's right. I forgot about that. Now it all makes sense what that video has to do with LeBron.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Dude traveled, and said he didn't think he traveled and will continue crab dribbling/traveling until it's called consistently. He said it aint a thingif he has to stop using the crab dribble/travel move, but he won't unless they call it on a night to night basis.

He stopped using his little hop move that he came into the league with a couple years ago, and it's not like he fell into the realms of Hyped-up highschool basketball phenoms that couldn't make it/should've went to college... i.e. Kwame Bum

SMH at the possibility of the refs STILL letting this go though.

Xtapolapacetl:
Right here:

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

it may just be a comparison of two plays by superstars - both travels.

maybe he was making a point that superstars will get superstar treatment where lebron and kobe alike will both get away with things such as travels.

it would also make you more credible if you stop assuming things.

Seriously though.. these guys are PROFESSIONAL athletes. They get paid to play.

How the *##@ can someone as great as LeBron travel like that? Did he not get taught properly?

Some amatuers who play pick-up basketball or like semi-professional smaller leagues have better footwork. Its digusting. The refs need to clamp down.. all ofthis 'marketing' or what have you about the NBA making money with their superstars has to stop.

Look at the Euroleauge basketball.. they are technically efficient, their footwork is amazing.

probably not the right thread to ask but did anybody see louis amundson of the suns blatant travel vs the bobcats last night when he took one dribble and tooklike 4 or more steps to the basket for a power slam?

Who the heck bumped this?
jaykhu:
23ska909red02:
Xtapolapacetl:
Right here:

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

it may just be a comparison of two plays by superstars - both travels.

maybe he was making a point that superstars will get superstar treatment where lebron and kobe alike will both get away with things such as travels.

it would also make you more credible if you stop assuming things.
So it's o.k. for you to assume ('It may be a comparison...' and 'Maybe he was making a point that...'), and then to suggest tome that I not assume? How does that work out in your mind?
laugh.gif

The first thing I said to him was what was most important: *wondering what that has to do with LeBron's travel*

Everything past that as an assumption, sure... but speaking of credibility, it would make you a lot more credible if you didn't just make an assumption andthen go 'So, yeah... it would make you a lot more credible if you stop assuming things.'
laugh.gif

You don't even know Xtapolapacetl, do you? But you know that I'm a mod, right? Right.

When your rebellion against authority includes instantly jumping going against freaking lame moderators of insignificant message boards, it might be time tore-evaluate things in your life because that's pretty damn petty and immature. You walk into a conversation between two people online, see that one of themis a mod, and decide 'Hell yeah, I've got to tell this dude what the hell is up!'?
roll.gif

No point in keeping this open. The topic has ran it's course. I don't think anyone cares enough to really discuss it anymore, and anyone that did isdone in here, for the most part.

*locked*

Back
Top Bottom