Dealing with the death of a pet

Man... I don't even know how to help you. I lost my dog back in 2011 and I'm still not right. I miss her every day and I'll still ahead a tear every now and then when I get caught up thinking about the fact that she's not with me any more. Time makes it somewhat better, but you'll never forget. I'm not even able to get another dog.

I know how it feels bro. I lost my puppy of 1 year to parvo 2 weeks ago. It was really hard and mymy days have been different since. But you'll get stronger each day. RIP

I had a dog named lady who was half pit half lab, she was a beast. I got her at 2 and around 12 I thought it was almost her time. We got my 2nd dog duke when lady was 12. Duke brought lady back to life and she was 20 ! When we decided to put her to sleep. It was a hard day for me. Duke is now 11 and he's a German Shepard so I fear he is getting old. But both of them were part of my family and duke still is ill always cherish my dog, because he never ever let me down in my life. It's unconditional love. I just lost my only brother. Now that is tough. I'm still a wreck because its fresh. I think I will be just as upset if duke died. That's my homie, my right hand man.

Sorry for your loss OP

My dog got hit by a car and that ****** just drove away without stopping.

She was just 6 months too.

View media item 438267

I'm sorry for your loss bro. It'll be alright. Things happen for a reason and at least it was natural.

RIP Kitson
tired.gif

Lost one of my dogs a few summers ago, she had lung cancer and the vet couldn't save her because it spread too much.  Tore me up for a while, but time heals all.  I still dream about her and catch myself thinking about her every now-and-then.  As harsh as it sounds, having another pet helps a little.  My other dog is getting older and the health problems are adding up.  I'm trying to prepare myself for her passing, but it's tough
frown.gif

Thanks to everyone who took the time out to send condolences and share your stories..I can honestly say you all have helped me more than even my own family..I'm sorry to everyone who has lost a pet and may your pets RIP. This is a hard time, but it's true, time does heal everything and we can feel good that we took an animal in and give them a better life. I really appreciate the kind words, you all have no idea.

And to those who pets are still living, give them a huge hug right now and appreciate them while they are here, I feel like I took Kitson for granted and I wish I could get at least 1 minute with him just to give him another hug.

Last edited:
looks like a boss cat OP. RIP to the big guy.

i've lost some cats over the years, miss em all. but the cat i have now i've had since a kitten, even though she's only 2 i know i'll be heartbroken when she passes.

One of my dogs passed away right next to me when I was 7 years old, the other one was put down when I was 12 so I feel your pain OP. 
frown.gif
 I bet you have some great memories that you two shared together that you can always look back on though. 

Last edited:
My family had to put my dog away in March.

I've lived all of my life I can remember with this dog, my family got this dog when I was only 7 and had to be put asleep 11 years later.

It's been 3 months and it's still tough, not a day goes by I don't remember her.

That day still haunts me and will haunt me till the day I die, time only heals so much |I

Wish I had one minute left to give her a hug and say goodbye.

I took my dog for granted also, would trade her for anything in the world :wow:

Sorry OP.

I also got my cat from the street when she was a kitten.

She's 10 now and I fear that impending day.

I had my dog from 4th grade up until senior year of college.

Extremely difficult to deal with.

Time is the only thing that can help. I send my condolences

Last edited:
My parakeet (budgie) died recently. We have a bunch and they sometimes have babies, poor guy had fallen from his house and was at the bottom of the cage. When I found him was only a week or so, had been attacked by other birds didnt feel right leaving him in the cage so I took him out and raised it.  Read up on how to raise them wasnt sure he would survive, had to feed it every couple of hours.

Slowly watched it grow day by day. When I saw the feathers start to come in I knew it was going to be ok. Had just started to learn to fly for about a week, before I woke up one morning and he had passed away. Only had him for about a month but the bond I had with him, raising it from tiny little thing to flying. Cant describe how good it made me feel to watch him fly, and how much it hurt to lose him. 

I know what you're going through...Luckily for me, I already knew my dog was getting pretty old and it will soon be time to say goodbye...I prepped myself for the last 6-12 months for this time...We eventualy had to put her down due to kidney failure among other things. She was already pretty deaf, and her joints wern't as strong. When we first moved into our neighborhood, we noticed every house has a custom mailbox, and we got ours custom made to look like our dog :lol:...Lucy our dog, would stay out in front watch everyone and the cars pass by, and she didn't even chase after cats because she knew damn well not to leave the grass area...needless to say, when she passed, we put some flowers and her toys out by the mailbox. We had a lot of people knocking on our door telling us how they will miss her and what not. It was really nice of our neighbors to do that.
View media item 438084She was 15 years old. I took this picture about 1-2 months before we put her down

On top of that, back in January we had to put our cat down of 18 years due to same complications...A year ago our cockatiel died of 22 years. It was pretty rough with all these passings within a year :smh:...

but yeah man, time is the only medicine for this kind of stuff..stay strong

Pics of mailbox?

That sounds dope.

my dog was lost for 3 days, thought he was done for, had me sad as heck. thankfully the dog pound found him. he had a lot of gashes and scratches. poor guy is terrified of cars when we go for walks, =[ bout to go hug him

i cried more when my dog died than when my aunt died. they are part of the family and when you see them everytime, and play w/ em that bond is tight. Still think about lil mikey all the time *check avy*
its tough man

Was gonna troll but if I owned a dog I know if get attached :smh:

I used to mess with this chick that had a jack russell and I loved that damn dog.....we stopped messing and I was just mad I couldn't see him again :frown:

i lost my dog back in 05, saddest day of my life. i still get teary eyed the second i think of him 
frown.gif
 like those times i would hop on my skateboard and have him pull me around the block for his walks, i was around 13-14 and he was helping me talk to older girls 
laugh.gif

it'll be hard man but you'll get through it, hold kitson close to your heart forever.

A chow we had for 14 years was put to sleep this past Christmas. It was rough to deal with even though I knew he was showing signs of aging. He was my dude. I lost my best friend that day.
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom