did something back in the day on NT and not proud---want to make things right...

I know you were young but c’mon. Of COURSE they were going to point the finger at y’all.

right :rofl:

The story you told...sounds EXACTLY like you'd be a prime suspect

***** you just happened to find an online ad of them looking for a stolen jacket and you tell em a "kid from your team took it"...and you can get it back from them?

:lol:

BTW...how did that go? HarlemShakeStory HarlemShakeStory

Your mans just willingly gave up the jacket?

Damn! Did you ship it back or something and they shamed you online? Or was this in person after you gave it back in person. I know if they were ungrateful and showing it in front of my face as I give them the jacket I wouldve clapped back and wouldve went off and ended by throwing the jacket in their face so. I hate ungrateful people like that. Even when you hold the door for somebody and they don't say a word... Oooo boy I will say sometthing. So if I was in your shoes I woudlnt have taken it lightly.

We shipped it back after getting their info online. I was like 16 and trying to do something good. I don't remember, but probably just never responded after that. Pretty disrespectful of them.

***** you just happened to find an online ad of them looking for a stolen jacket and you tell em a "kid from your team took it"...and you can get it back from them?

Just like they have shoe forums, they have high school sports forums. Pretty much every "good" athlete was on there checking rankings and stuff. Wasn't hard to find.

We were the alpha males on the team so when we called the kid out for taking it, he gave it up. What are you going to do with a lettermen jacket anyways? You wear it anywhere and people are going to know it is stolen.

Like I said, we lived in the inner city (Minneapolis) and he was from the suburbs. Probably assumed we were all punks (we kind of were). But still, pretty rude of the guy. It's not like we were trying to get a reward or anything.

For what it's worth, my whole team used to rob lockers at every away meet (shoes, jerseys, nothing big). Most of us were pretty poor and suburban kids always had nice gear. I wasn't proud of it and that was kind of us trying to make amends. I suppose that was when I first started to get a conscience for that kind of stuff. I was an angry kid.

Ironically, 15 years later, I am a high school teacher and coach with a decade of experience. I guess I am still trying to make amends for being a punk as a teenager. Either way, people change. Personal growth is good.

Last edited:

Story sounded like straight up teenage extortion!!! Let’s take Timothy’s catholic school letterman jacket, ask for a $300 ransom. Split it 3 ways :lol: :rofl:

Story sounded like straight up teenage extortion!!! Let’s take Timothy’s catholic school letterman jacket, ask for a $300 ransom. Split it 3 ways :lol: :rofl:

LOL I actually thought of that just now. Would be a good business scheme for a 15 year old. Go around snatching up $500 jackets and selling them back to the families for a "reward."

I got scammed when I was like 16 trying to buy some shoes. Dont even remember the website. Paid $750 and got sent some FAKE *** Air Yeezy and Galaxy Foams lol. Took a straight L on that, i think I friends & familied him on paypal.

When I sold off a little chunk of my collection last year (6 pairs for $3k) on ebay the buyer tried to scam me saying the shoes were fake. Then when he returned them. He returned 2 pairs that were fake. I ended up winning with Paypal/ebay even though they didnt make it easy.

Somebody on here got me like 20 years ago for my $150, will never forget that one.

Said he was Rafer Alston’s little brother, was supposed to trade for some 11s and sent me beat up timberland field boots. Wanna say his username was SkipToMyLou23 or something

How do you scam someone and then continue coming back to the scene of your crime like nothing happen though :lol:
That's the part that made me scratch my head. The scammer continued posting for years carefree. The victim didn't even take any action to get back his belongings.

This makes me think there are a lot more scammers here who continue posting nonchalantly. :lol:
4cb98e90802632170829f23ac504f25e.jpg

Back
Top Bottom