[Discussion] Downsizing/Minimizing Sneaker Collection or Quitting Collecting - WITH TIPS/RESOURCES

I can try to help you out with the ball shoes depending on whatcha got.

Edit: Im sick. I typed up this whole paragraph about both our collections, and this site ate it. GAH.

Anyway, post here or DM me and we can trade pairs or i can buy some off you and help you reduce your collection or something. I'm really annoyed I lost all the stuff i just typed up about also having shoes to ball in that are just catching dust cause i'm a wide footer but sometimes don't get to really try on a pair to play in until after the return period.

But anyway, let me know. I'm also trying to whittle down my collection. Have a pair I have to put in the mail today actually but the weather made stores here close.

Sold a few grand last year but see now that there's no 1099 in eBay; looks like the $600 limit change

It did. The government paused it for last year and for 2024, the threshold is $5,000. And that's assuming they don't delay it again and revert back to the 200 transactions/$20k in sales threshold of prior years.

Be careful with some of those shipping sites. IMO, not worth saving a few $$s then the package goes lost, and you have to cover 100% of what the buyer paid. Same goes with insurance, couple bucks extra can save you some money if something comes up missing…

I can try to help you out with the ball shoes depending on whatcha got.

Edit: Im sick. I typed up this whole paragraph about both our collections, and this site ate it. GAH.

Anyway, post here or DM me and we can trade pairs or i can buy some off you and help you reduce your collection or something. I'm really annoyed I lost all the stuff i just typed up about also having shoes to ball in that are just catching dust cause i'm a wide footer but sometimes don't get to really try on a pair to play in until after the return period.

But anyway, let me know. I'm also trying to whittle down my collection. Have a pair I have to put in the mail today actually but the weather made stores here close.
I’ll shoot you a dm but I’m not trying to retire 🤣

I just scheduled PRP injections for February, maybe that’ll get me right. I have cartilage lesion (missing cartilage), meniscus tear, and a cyst
I’m 39, I don’t wanna hang em up man lol

I’ll shoot you a dm but I’m not trying to retire 🤣

I just scheduled PRP injections for February, maybe that’ll get me right. I have cartilage lesion (missing cartilage), meniscus tear, and a cyst
I’m 39, I don’t wanna hang em up man lol

Nah definitely don't hang em up! I said it so much better in the post that disappeared. Man NT has been unstable this past few weeks.

I was saying I still play and that we can see what we have and then do swaps so that no money has to change hands and even if you don't technically reduce your collection, at least you offload things you don't want. I've been playing in JB/Nike/UA/Puma this past decade for the most part. I'd never brag on my collection at all, next to nothing I have is truly special or anything, but most of the stuff I really do like. But some of the stuff I can't fit cause I'm a wide footer.

Posted that to see if it would post before I ramble further :emoji_sweat_smile:

I guess DM me with stuff you'd like to get rid of or stuff you're looking for or something. I dunno, however you wanna do it. Again, do not get excited, cause like you, I have a bunch of shoes that aren't that great but they're good for ball.

Be careful with some of those shipping sites. IMO, not worth saving a few $$s then the package goes lost, and you have to cover 100% of what the buyer paid. Same goes with insurance, couple bucks extra can save you some money if something comes up missing…

It's not a 3rd party site like Lasership. It's discount rates though USPS, FedEx and UPS. it's just a discount way to ship. And you can easily add insurance to cover the amount of the item you sold.

Last edited:
I’ve never used, nor heard of them, so I can’t speak on the experience. If it’s indeed legit, I might have to look into that.

Can also google PayPal ship now, and it’ll save you a few bucks shipping direct through PayPal. They offer usps, ups, and I think FedEx.

Shipping has gotten pretty pricey, saving a few bucks (as long as shipment is covered) is never a bad thing.

I’ve never used, nor heard of them, so I can’t speak on the experience. If it’s indeed legit, I might have to look into that.

Can also google PayPal ship now, and it’ll save you a few bucks shipping direct through PayPal. They offer usps, ups, and I think FedEx.

Shipping has gotten pretty pricey, saving a few bucks (as long as shipment is covered) is never a bad thing.

Believe me, I haven't either. When I put my very first item on eBay last summer (a vintage set of long discontinued tires for a Tamiya Clodbuster), I wound up selling the guy who bought them, two of my old Tamiya trucks (Clod and Juggernaut 2) with very desirable racing chassis from ESP. He told me about Pirate Ship. So I used them to ship 2 boxes to his address in Ohio and it was far cheaper than if I went to UPS myself by at least $60. And he got them safely and they were insured for what he paid me for them. I call that a win-win.

Managed to bring down my sneakers count down to 7. Pretty sure it'll vary here and there over time though.

PXL_20240303_152311733.jpg

PXL_20240303_160139168.jpg

I’ll try to discipline myself and take a break from buying. Just to see how I feel and how it goes. I still don’t feel like it’s an addiction, I just can’t afford the high cost sneakers, at least at the pace they’re releasing at.

Been feeling the void with a lot of great budget friendly options but honestly the same feeling might happen whether I spend $50 or $250 on a shoe.

Right now comfort is king so my Triple Black Vomero 5s been getting a lot of burn at work.

Beyond that, I still love sneakers. Can’t see myself giving it up. Want to make it a career still, but maybe I lost a little bit of love for it.

I'm being selective with my purchases and start unDS some of my stuff and off the stuff I least were trying to sell shirts ,hats , and tech fleece is kinda of annoying compared to selling shoes

I’ll try to discipline myself and take a break from buying. Just to see how I feel and how it goes. I still don’t feel like it’s an addiction, I just can’t afford the high cost sneakers, at least at the pace they’re releasing at.

Been feeling the void with a lot of great budget friendly options but honestly the same feeling might happen whether I spend $50 or $250 on a shoe.

Right now comfort is king so my Triple Black Vomero 5s been getting a lot of burn at work.

Beyond that, I still love sneakers. Can’t see myself giving it up. Want to make it a career still, but maybe I lost a little bit of love for it.
The first step is admitting you have a problem

The first step is admitting you have a problem
You know, and it may be kind of bittersweet, I don’t see a problem with it. I just think the only solution is more money because I’ll have a house full of kicks just because I love them so much.

It’s truly a passion. I don’t feel so strongly about many things like that in life. And the only other thing I can think of I love that much(materialistic wise), is the Xbox brand and Halo.

But I digress. I’ll probably buy another pair tomorrow, I might have some disposable cash.

Back
Top Bottom