Do Nice Guys Finish Last In Life

I think it comes down to being true to yourself, and what makes you you. Not everything is for everybody. Some people aren't "nice" and some just are. Then you have those that never find themselves and live the rest of their lives with no identity and are products of society. So imo you either be yourself or somebody else.

Originally Posted by DC SOUNDS

women are emotional creatures. they are not logical.

logic = finding a guy who is dependable, trustworthy, fair, respectful, thoughtful, and loving.

illogical = finding a guy who is not dependable, not trustworthy, unpredictable, possibly cheating, flirts with other women, lies, and is never consistent.

The illogical guy drives a series of emotions that trigger excitement and lust. It's almost as if women fall in love w/ the possibility of being heart broken. They want to be the one who gets the potential heart breaker to settle down.

It's illogical, but that's women...

some truth to this

It seems to change as girls get older and mature but yea when you're young, nice guys do finish last 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by sportinjordans916

From my experience in being both guys it depends on what you are racing for.
This.  If you're just trying to get some buns and aren't trying to pursue anything serious there is no point in going out of your way to play the 'nice guy.'  I mean for what?  You hit it a few times or develop a steady booty call and then what?  You ultimately look like an !!@ if you play nice up front and then start flaking on the responses, hanging out, etc. once you're smashing.  So if that's going to be the case you might as well skip the nice guy act and play the jerk card from the jump.
On the other hand, there is no reason why you shouldn't be a 'nice guy' to a girl you are actually into and hope to vibe with and want to get to know or whatever the case may be.  Like dude said, it really depends on what your motive is. 

As has been stated in this post...dudes are classifying being an a-hole with being an alpha and treating the right girl the right way with being a simp/beta...and that simply isn't the case.  It really depends on the situation and the motives. 

I guess so.... The douchebags get all of the internships and jobs and money and girls and box and popularity and everything. They're blessed.  I'm not. 

Be kind, but don't be naive. And don't let people perceive your kindness for weakness. Be conscious of who deserves your respect, behave properly for any given situation and adapt to your surroundings.

Nice guys DO NOT finish last, Pushovers do. The ones without any genuine confidence to themselves, etc. They do finish last.

Originally Posted by oidreez

Originally Posted by datprepboivinc3

Yupp It is true & sad to say its the story of my life.
HOWEVER I wont let it stop me. One day I will be "that guy"
pimp.gif

word this. I feel "nice guy" is synonymous with pushover but how does one go about changing his image to achieve results?
Change his surroundings and they have he is perceived...once a person knows you are a female she'll always see you as that nice guy that she'll never be interested in lol
roll.gif

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

Nice guys DO NOT finish last, Pushovers do. The ones without any genuine confidence to themselves, etc. They do finish last.
Most pushovers are nice guys so thats why people throw this quote around so much and get it messed up.
Nice guys = pushovers who are too passive

Jerks = arrogant dudes who are too aggressive

Alpha (even though I hate to use this word) = these dudes know when to balance the 2 mentioned above.

Originally Posted by Truballa101

Most pushovers are nice guys so thats why people throw this quote around so much and get it messed up.

Alpha (even though I hate to use this word) = these dudes know when to balance the 2 mentioned above.

To phrase it a bit differently:

all pushovers are nice guys. but not all nice guys are pushovers

Originally Posted by parasight21

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

damn this thread again?

Seriously. These insecure pansies. 
And why did it became about getting a girl? The OP asked about 'life' and if EVERYTHING about your life is getting a girl, you need to off yourself. There are lots more to do in life than chase girls, go out, make money, climb a mountain, shoot free throws, I don't know. 
laugh.gif

If success comes at you fast because you are being this 'alpha dog', let me tell you, there will be other dudes just as 'alpha' as you are trying to take it down faster than you would think. Success doesn't come overnight or being 'bad' all the time. It's about keeping yourself decency and being content with yourself. That has nothing to do with being 'nice' or being 'bad'. It's about keeping yourself in consistent basis that's unwavering and becoming timeless. Everything has to do with keeping your own decency. If a person can find a value of you and can't like you for a person, it's their problem for being shallow. But YOU need to appreciate yourself FIRST before anyone. 

Point is, be a nice guy if you are incline to because down the road, there will be lot more people who'll appreciate yourself. But you have to accept the fact that you have that personality and own it. While you at it, it won't hurt to do something that makes you LOOK nice at the same time. Again, I don't know...learn a new language, go do something, make art, shoot more free throws, whatever...

QFT

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Originally Posted by Truballa101

To phrase it a bit differently:

all pushovers are nice guys. but not all nice guys are pushovers
Exactly

Originally Posted by sportinjordans916

From my experience in being both guys it depends on what you are racing for.
This. Theres a very small few that like nice guys. I've dated girls that had their priorities straight, and knew what they wanted in a guy. They want the genuine guys, and genuine is mostly associated with nice.

Now the majority of women mostly are attracted to douches. I absolutely dont know why, but it's easier to fill in this role then being nice anyday.
grin.gif

Cliffnotes
- Good guy likes the girl, but is put in the friendzone
- Bad guy gets the girl
- Then another douche 
- Then another . . .
- Followed by another
- . . . and many more
- Nice guy gets girl with all the mileage on her

Yea, they finish last . . .

Females are like basketballs. You gotta hard, get position, and snatch that board in the paint. Or else you'll be Pau Gasol soft. And we all know what Shannon Brown did to his girl.

AirThompson EXACTLY!!! How are u finishing first when u getting a the girls with all the mileage?!!! Nice guys finish last in every way. Why should u have to settle for a chick that's already been busted down by a million jerks??

Back
Top Bottom