Do you feel bad for people not getting there Jays?

i wish snipes or rmk or well, both would send me a shipping confirmation number and tracking. i know its around the holidays and i'm just being impatientbut still.

It's the resellers and the people who aren't ever going to wear them that frustrate me. Why stand in line for all that time if you're just going tostare at them. Let someone buy them who actually wants to put them to use. And the resellers, well those are the people we all hate. I know it's a hustlebut that's just lame. So in that case I feel bad for people who don't get them because I've definitely been there and it sucks, especially when yousee people with their stockroom pics trying to sell them off for double and triple. But luckily there's really only a few Jordan's that could come outthese days that would be impossible to get. The majority of the hype has died down. It's only the XI's that can really make it crazy nowadays.

Originally Posted by thenewjs23

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by Rafool

Similar thing happened to me during the Space Jam release....

I had this lady behind me, all the time talking about her son telling her to make sure and get a size 10 for him....

Saying that was the only thing he asked for Christmas.

As I was paying for my two size 10s she asked for a size 10 too, lady who worked there told her I had gotten the only two size 10s....

I didn't even bother looking at her face of disappointment. -_-

Were both of those for you alone?

If they were both shoes were for you then it was pretty messed up. I would not have kept a mom from trying to buy her child a christmas present because of my greed.

yeah, it depends who it is.. id prolly give one sz10 to her, knowing it woulda made her kid's and her's christmas. but if it was some guy whos alreadyholding like 5-6 bags full of sjs then no. screw them. when i did the sj release, there was this one guy who apparently knew ALL the shoe employees (handshakesand small chats and all) and he pretty much got to cut everyone (even NTSF when they did their 10am overstock sale [large sizes left]) he cut me and took mypair of sz 11.5............. ended up with a 13 and a mouthful of salt. what made me even MORE salty was his damn van was parked outside NTSF and when he puthis NTSF purchase in the van, you literally see BAGS AND BAGS of space jams from FL, FNL, CHAMPS, SHIHEK, FootAction etc etc.. he didnt put in work, he justcut everyone and ended up with 20+ pairs. he was some 50ish year old black guy with stacks and stacks of 100s resembling ice cube's uncle in next friday.

^actually a few of us have expressed how we would feel bad for you.

does that change anything?

Originally Posted by rickyfong

he didnt put in work, he just cut everyone and ended up with 20+ pairs. he was some 50ish year old black guy with stacks and stacks of 100s resembling ice cube's uncle in next friday.

I doubt he didn't put in work. He worked getting those connections. And plus, who is gonna mess or deny a man with stacks and stacks of 100s? Where do youthink he got those? By not working? I'd bet by sellin J's or doing shadier things that involve some work

I had this lady behind me, all the time talking about her son telling her to make sure and get a size 10 for him....

As I was paying for my two size 10s she asked for a size 10 too, lady who worked there told her I had gotten the only two size 10s....

If they were both shoes were for you then it was pretty messed up. I would not have kept a mom from trying to buy her child a christmas present because of my greed.

yeah, it depends who it is.. id prolly give one sz10 to her, knowing it woulda made her kid's and her's christmas. but if it was some guy whos already holding like 5-6 bags full of sjs then no. screw them. when i did the sj release, there was this one guy who apparently knew ALL the shoe employees (handshakes and small chats and all) and he pretty much got to cut everyone (even NTSF when they did their 10am overstock sale [large sizes left]) he cut me and took my pair of sz 11.5............. ended up with a 13 and a mouthful of salt. what made me even MORE salty was his damn van was parked outside NTSF and when he put his NTSF purchase in the van, you literally see BAGS AND BAGS of space jams from FL, FNL, CHAMPS, SHIHEK, FootAction etc etc.. he didnt put in work, he just cut everyone and ended up with 20+ pairs. he was some 50ish year old black guy with stacks and stacks of 100s resembling ice cube's uncle in next friday.
you let him cut you and didn't say nothing? i posted my story about in the first space jam thread about how i handled a reseller who boughtout every pair in my size and how i ended up getting my pair.

if you put the time and effort to wait in line you should have did something when he cut you

^ read his description of the dude...
fridaypre2.jpg

This man is quite imposing. I would not want to mess with him, his stacks of 100s or his truckload of SJs

Nah, I don't feel bad. I acutally don't like the people that try to cut lines or call out their sizes when its not their turn. Olympic 7 release was alil modest, not too many people in front of the gate of Footaction. dude starts calling out sizes for the people that were waiting. Some clown behind me calledout a size 10 which is my size and the only one at that store. I was before him so I was so mad, I had to get a 9.5. I should have said something but Iwasn't thinking clearly at the time.

Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers wrote:

yeah, it depends who it is.. id prolly give one sz10 to her, knowing it woulda made her kid's and her's christmas. but if it was some guy whos already holding like 5-6 bags full of sjs then no. screw them. when i did the sj release, there was this one guy who apparently knew ALL the shoe employees (handshakes and small chats and all) and he pretty much got to cut everyone (even NTSF when they did their 10am overstock sale [large sizes left]) he cut me and took my pair of sz 11.5............. ended up with a 13 and a mouthful of salt. what made me even MORE salty was his damn van was parked outside NTSF and when he put his NTSF purchase in the van, you literally see BAGS AND BAGS of space jams from FL, FNL, CHAMPS, SHIHEK, FootAction etc etc.. he didnt put in work, he just cut everyone and ended up with 20+ pairs. he was some 50ish year old black guy with stacks and stacks of 100s resembling ice cube's uncle in next friday.
you let him cut you and didn't say nothing? i posted my story about in the first space jam thread about how i handled a reseller who bought out every pair in my size and how i ended up getting my pair.

if you put the time and effort to wait in line you should have did something when he cut you

thread is gone. can you repost the story, please?

^

in january 2001 when the columbia xi's retroed i had a little problem with a reseller. i was 15 at the time and had went through hell to get the money formy pair, and i had to ditch school that day to have a chance of getting them. before the cool grey release, the concords, space jams, and columbias allreleased on a wednesday.

that day the columbias came out, i got to the place i got my concords and space jams from at 6am, i was one of the first few people in line. i brought 5friends from school with me in case someone tried something because walking home with the shoes by myself wouldn't be a good idea. when the footlockeropened at 8 there was 4 people ahead of me. i was feeling confident about getting my size 11.5 because their were 6 pairs and i was talking to 3 of the 4people ahead of me in line and none of them were getting an 11.5.

next thing i know the guy in front of me that kept low key the whole time bought all 6 size 11.5's and was walking out with all 6 pairs. i waited until hegot out there store and i just went up to him and told him that i didn't want no trouble or no problems but i went through hell to get the money to get apair of columbias for me and that i didn't care what he did with the other 5 pairs but he was going to sell me one of those pairs for retail. he had thislook on his face like, "hell no im not doing that" but once he realized i had 5 friends with me he begrudingly and very unhappily took my $137.50 fora pair of those 11.5 columbias.

this was a situation where rather then feel bad about myself or looking for sympathy, i decided to take action into my own hands. i put the time and work in toget a pair for me to wear and i wasn't going to end up empty handed. had they been sold out of my size because the pairs were legitametly purchased by thepeople ahead of me and those people only bought one pair each i woulda respectfully took the L and moved on but this guy tried to hoard all the pairs in mysize and i wasn't having that.

My story is the spacejam i go to the mall next to my house everytime a limited release i like for myself not for the hype!!!!!!!!!!!!! and was walking throughthe employee entrance p.s every mall has one its always opened from 3 hrs prior to opening to an hour after the mall closes and i walk through go to finishlineget my size and see everyone in line i walk out through the side door and everyone rushes to my spot blazes through the door and then i see this dude who wasfirst in line sleeping he got startled woke up and was like %@!@ this the third time this happened i asked him what sz he wantd fortunently we had same sizeand i sold him my pair for exact price its christmas and i made that dudes world god bless for all you heartless people out their

^two good stories. thanks guys.

ah, on the 24th i walked past the big footlocker (george street, sydney) casually on the way to work expecting to see a line. my plan was to walk in at opentime and scoop if it aint too crazy, but no one was there. even wore my db vi's to break every neck and then just gingerly step over the corpses. laterchecked the website and saw that they changed the date AGAIN to the 23rd.

NT came to the rescue at a price less than my local retail plus shipping, so I'm happy.

dang... yeah i know you wanted the two pairs, but what i wouldve done is let the mom have the kicks. But hey thats just my opinion

Originally Posted by BKE420

dang... yeah i know you wanted the two pairs, but what i wouldve done is let the mom have the kicks. But hey thats just my opinion
if the other pair I bought wasn't for my pops than I would have turned around and gave them to her

yeah i feel bad for them, but it's first come first serve, behind the people who have the hook-up with the manager that's opening or from salesassociates there. the smartest thing i saw someone do when they tried to camp out in the line was ask the people in the front of the line what sizesthey're getting. usually there's 2-3 pairs (1st bred 11 retro). he did the math and bounced. for one, his fault for being late. for two, heshould've got associated with the people who work at shoe stores so he can have a possibility of getting a pair saved for him if he didn't wanna campout. it's just tough luck sometimes. haha.

to tell you the truth. i feel bad for people who cant afford Js and expensive shoes in general. i have been collecting Js since 7th grade and i am now 22 yearsold. If i have had the money to buy a pair of rare jordans coming out i would buy buy them. you just got to work hard to get them. you cant just expect thatpair to be waiting for you. be in line earlier then normal. always have a back up on the phone or online. get cool with some people who work for shoes store.most importantly get a J O B.

Originally Posted by jsonmyfeet

yeah i feel bad for them, but it's first come first serve, behind the people who have the hook-up with the manager that's opening or from sales associates there. the smartest thing i saw someone do when they tried to camp out in the line was ask the people in the front of the line what sizes they're getting. usually there's 2-3 pairs (1st bred 11 retro). he did the math and bounced. for one, his fault for being late. for two, he should've got associated with the people who work at shoe stores so he can have a possibility of getting a pair saved for him if he didn't wanna camp out. it's just tough luck sometimes. haha.

but some people are adults with full time schedules that don't have time to establish connects. i got hookups at a few spots in my area and i take care ofthem and they take care of me, it works both ways but their good to have because their real reliable and good to me.

however i can relate to those on the outside looking in as well. however too many people are way to relaxed and let stuff slide. how you gonna let another mancut you in line and not do anything about it? how you gonna let some reseller buy everything in your size and not do something about it? im talkin aboutconfronting them rather then getting butthurt and posting it on a message board.

also, alot of people camping lack common sense and rely on one spot rather then having backup plans.

also i never understood why their would be 200 people camped out for a pair of shoes when that store only got 100 pairs. wheres the common sense?? when iwas without connects, i would find out how many pairs the store was getting, divide that number by 2 because i factored in employees buying pairs andpotential resellers. also i would ask the people in front of me what sizes they were getting as well, if more then one person was getting my size it was on toplan B.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by jsonmyfeet

yeah i feel bad for them, but it's first come first serve, behind the people who have the hook-up with the manager that's opening or from sales associates there. the smartest thing i saw someone do when they tried to camp out in the line was ask the people in the front of the line what sizes they're getting. usually there's 2-3 pairs (1st bred 11 retro). he did the math and bounced. for one, his fault for being late. for two, he should've got associated with the people who work at shoe stores so he can have a possibility of getting a pair saved for him if he didn't wanna camp out. it's just tough luck sometimes. haha.

but some people are adults with full time schedules that don't have time to establish connects. i got hookups at a few spots in my area and i take care of them and they take care of me, it works both ways but their good to have because their real reliable and good to me.

however i can relate to those on the outside looking in as well. however too many people are way to relaxed and let stuff slide. how you gonna let another man cut you in line and not do anything about it? how you gonna let some reseller buy everything in your size and not do something about it? im talkin about confronting them rather then getting butthurt and posting it on a message board.

also, alot of people camping lack common sense and rely on one spot rather then having backup plans.

also i never understood why their would be 200 people camped out for a pair of shoes when that store only got 100 pairs. wheres the common sense?? when i was without connects, i would find out how many pairs the store was getting, divide that number by 2 because i factored in employees buying pairs and potential resellers. also i would ask the people in front of me what sizes they were getting as well, if more then one person was getting my size it was on to plan B.

thats exactly what i do!

I would have to say no...I do all I can to try and get them. I dont feel bad for someone going into the mall at 10:30AM and saying "their out ofspacejams?" They should research more and see where they are getting the most and the least. I had a friend that worked at old navy in our mall get themfor me with her friend. She was able to go through the old navy gate before the mall even opened and be the first in line with her friend right behind her andthe snagged two size 12's for me. Alot of places where I live just got kids sizes and no mens, and their were still people asking if they are sold out atthe other stores. Im not making fun of them or anything, all im saying is that if the shoe is that important to you make sure that you find out as much as youcan about a month and a half in advance and all the way leading up to the release date.

I got my spacejams fairly easy but did feel bad when I saw a line in front of finishline the night before release date. Who wants to stand in line for hourslike that and I'm sure a lot of them didn't get them.

Back
Top Bottom