Do you tip when you do carry out at a restaurant?

Because this entire expecting a tip when I'm doing all the work is not the business. This is getting out of hand.

I just thought about this today. I went to Olive Garden for take out and I tipped. The girl who was running the counter was kinda cute, she was nice to me, and it just felt right. Simp life

another tipping thread??

178680_AbandonThread.gif

Hell no. **** I picked it up . Do you tip the lady at the register when you go grocery shopping?
No.

Last edited:
They expect you to.

Most give you the receipt with the line where you can write it down and typically place a tip jar out in plain view for the slow patrons.

They expect you to.

Most give you the receipt with the line where you can write it down and typically place a tip jar out in plain view for the slow patrons.

or the fact that it's ar estaurant the receipt comes with a tip line because most people actually sit down and eat. :rolleyes

as far as a tip jar, why not see if people feel like giving. do we really need to go over all the places that might have a "tip jar"

And why are their tip jars at dunkin donuts and subway? Are we gonna have to start paying the workers wages at retail spots soon too? :x

I tip a buck or two when I go pick up my pizzas. My friend also works there so. 

helll no, who would the money go to? a cashier? for doing what? even if the place was a bar the bartender isnt giving it to the chef and you didnt get a drink, so why would you tip?

Do you guys tip the dude pumpin your gas? i usually dont, but sometime i will bc its raining or snowing and i feel bad, ill give him like 2 bucks

:lol: at not tipping at a gas station if it's full service and not mandatory full service.

If I don't feel like pumping my own gas i goto a full service station and let them do it and throw em a buck.

If i go to jersey and my hands are tied, I'm not tipping for dude to pump my gas.

Back
Top Bottom