do you wish you were white at imes?

Originally Posted by sonunox34

Being white, and growing up in a nearly all-white community, I got my first taste of it this summer. I had an internship in Minneapolis and we used to play basketball at this park all the time... well we usually ran with mostly black guys and they just didn't respect us at all. I was ready to beast off my mid-range J but one missed shot meant no touches for the rest of the game. And when it came to talking trash, they just dumped on me while I had to take it. Really put things in perspective for me, some stupid suburban white kid that really doesn't know much about the social elements of a big city.
that's the rules for everyone, basketball is serious son. you get beat up some places in nyc for losing a game.
basketball is too expressive for me too much, touching and aggressiveness in certain "neighborhoods"
frown.gif

When I get stopped in the streets, when I get pulled over, when I'm in certain stores, etc.

I really hate fitting the description in NYC

Also I'd like to see how my life would be with white privilege considering all of the extra opportunities

After going through the thread I aint surprised at the response although OP's coming off as if he's complaining now. FreshProduct's post was onpoint.

I like being black
6ssts79.gif

i remember when a girl asked me if i wanted to be hispanic because i speak a little of it and i chill with them alot
smh.gif
laugh.gif

I actually read what you wrote...and no I don't wish to ever be white. Yes, because of my race (black) i face a lot more b.s. on the daily than theaverage white person and if I was white you can say I mite be more "successful" or my life would be "easier". But I wouldn't give upmy culture and my women for a damn thing. I'll deal with the b.s.

But seriously the fact that you really thought about this is sad, get some self-esteem man.

I couldn't disagree more with you OP. I think you are just seeing what you want to see, because it helps you explain your views on life. From personalexperience, I will say that being white gets you nothing more than anyone else. When I didn't try my hardest in life, I found myself spiraling downwardwith no opportunities and most be slammed shut in my face. People will hold you down no matter what the color of your skin. It is funny to see minortiestalking about how white people could never understand them; yet they find it so easy to stereotype white people and the so called "opportunities"that they enjoy so much. Man up, just do you, and be proud of who you are.

i give up, some people are too +#@#@@# stupid to READ.

i never said i was ashamed of being asian, my girlfriend pretty and i get

respect from everyone and make 60K a year living in the richest city michigan has to offer. THIS IS NOT A SELF ESTEEM ISSUE
mad.gif

..it's a social issue for those of you that don't +#@#@@# read.

i just stated that everything I'VE EARNED have been given to other i PERSONALLY know and they acheived less.

I'm black and I honestly wouldn't change it for anything in this world. If you're asian, you are probably the closest race to white priveledge inAmerica. Asians are OVERrepresented in almost every educational and professional field in this country. Until you've seen some of the experiences blackmales have to go thru on a daily basis, I'm sorry but it's hard for me to feel sympathy for any other person based on race alone. If anything, Asiansare sterotyped as being very smart and hardworking. That must suck, huh?

its called "white privilege" dude just be glad youre not black or latino

knowing i will never make the same amount of money as a white person with equal qualifications FTL

Originally Posted by Kakashi

respect from everyone and make 60K a year living in the richest city michigan has to offer. THIS IS NOT A SELF ESTEEM ISSUE
mad.gif

i just stated that everything I'VE EARNED have been given to other i PERSONALLY know and they acheived less.

mad.gif

pics

and
roll.gif
at you trying to fire shots at all the nt females. you're themost bitter guy on here
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I think if a black man can become president then ...you should not feel limited in anyway...

He probably had more white people telling him No in the past year or two then you ever will in your life..

Just suck it up and be better than the next man regardless of skin tone..

On another note I would hate not to be black when going to play basketball at the gym because its already assumed that you have no game..
laugh.gif
no offense to mySteve Nash's out there...
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

mad.gif

pics

and
roll.gif
at you trying to fire shots at all the nt females. you're the most bitter guy on here
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pics? for what? proof? smh, you're sad.

everyone is not poor and ugly. but i see the world has scarred you

into believing everyone is like you.

5txnd1.jpg

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

mad.gif

pics

and
roll.gif
at you trying to fire shots at all the nt females. you're the most bitter guy on here
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pics? for what? proof? smh, you're sad.

everyone is not poor and ugly. but i see the world has scarred you

into believing everyone is like you.

5txnd1.jpg

was there a

punchline to that

joke or was that it

Back
Top Bottom