do you wish you were white at imes?

Originally Posted by Kakashi

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

5txnd1.jpg

I thought you said your girl is pretty, not a dude...

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

5txnd1.jpg

why would i dishonor her at someone else's request. she's pretty to me

i posted my pic so this girl can have a better understanding of my demeanor and why

if i saw her on the street i wouldn't look at her twice...

5txnd1.jpg

i posted my pic so this girl can have a better understanding of my demeanor and why

wait thats you
roll.gif
roll.gif

5txnd1.jpg

wait thats you
roll.gif
roll.gif
OP. Three words. YNS.

5txnd1.jpg

Oh well in that case you look like a chick...sound like a chick too. Do you cross-dress by chance? I think you could pull it off. Nice flannelthough. Flannels are what's happening. I too own a collection of flannels. Do you collect? I have completely forgotten what this thread was even about.

This remind me of the if you died and could be reincarnated as another race what would you be thread.

Mad NTers who can't read and go off on _______ pride sounding mad defensive and insecure about what other ppl might think if they even hint to wonderingwhat it would be like to be another skin color.

Reading this thread title alone I don't believe this many ppl are thinking when they just type "No" if they are probably must have easy lives.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

This remind me of the if you died and could be reincarnated as another race what would you be thread.

Mad NTers who can't read and go off on _______ pride sounding mad defensive and insecure about what other ppl might think if they even hint to wondering what it would be like to be another skin color.

Reading this thread title alone I don't believe this many ppl are thinking when they just type "No" if they are probably must have easy lives.
exactly
tired.gif

5txnd1.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif

why you so angry?

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

I couldn't disagree more with you OP. I think you are just seeing what you want to see, because it helps you explain your views on life. From personal experience, I will say that being white gets you nothing more than anyone else. When I didn't try my hardest in life, I found myself spiraling downward with no opportunities and most be slammed shut in my face. People will hold you down no matter what the color of your skin. It is funny to see minorties talking about how white people could never understand them; yet they find it so easy to stereotype white people and the so called "opportunities" that they enjoy so much. Man up, just do you, and be proud of who you are.

Actually you're totally wrong. While not working hard MIGHT get you nowhere like it would a minority, working hard will definately get you farther most ofthe time than a similarly hard working minority. The fact is that in this country, there is a system in place where white people are put in a position tosucceed or at least simply live comfortably. That is not to say that there are no poor white people, but the number of poor minorities far out number those ofwhites.

Do I feel as if I were white at times (I'm black)...No, but I do understand where OP is coming from and I DO wish I had the oppurtunities that white peoplehave. I feel as if that was all the OP was getting at, but has recieved stupid answers in return. As for the person who stated the line about having a blackpresident, that's part of America's problem. What makes Obama black? I still don't get it. The man is just as much white as he is black so he isour first mixed president, but oh well.

gotJz wrote:
8tothe24 wrote:
I couldn't disagree more with you OP. I think you are just seeing what you want to see, because it helps you explain your views on life. From personal experience, I will say that being white gets you nothing more than anyone else. When I didn't try my hardest in life, I found myself spiraling downward with no opportunities and most be slammed shut in my face. People will hold you down no matter what the color of your skin. It is funny to see minorties talking about how white people could never understand them; yet they find it so easy to stereotype white people and the so called "opportunities" that they enjoy so much. Man up, just do you, and be proud of who you are.

Actually you're totally wrong. While not working hard MIGHT get you nowhere like it would a minority, working hard will definately get you farther most of the time than a similarly hard working minority. The fact is that in this country, there is a system in place where white people are put in a position to succeed or at least simply live comfortably. That is not to say that there are no poor white people, but the number of poor minorities far out number those of whites.

Do I feel as if I were white at times (I'm black)...No, but I do understand where OP is coming from and I DO wish I had the oppurtunities that white people have. I feel as if that was all the OP was getting at, but has recieved stupid answers in return. As for the person who stated the line about having a black president, that's part of America's problem. What makes Obama black? I still don't get it. The man is just as much white as he is black so he is our first mixed president, but oh well.

Actually you are totally wrong, see how this game is going to work (not trying to offend, just saying it is debatable). Is there discrimination out there-of course. But there is no "system" that privileges people for being white, and I would love to know what these"opportunities" are. If there are, they forgot to give my family/ancestors the memo. I went to public school, I started working at 15, I went to astate university while working 40 hrs a week. The majority of the CEOs and management for the company I work at are minorities. You can say what feel, but Isee the reality around me. If you mean "opportunity" as in going to elite schools and getting elite jobs- you know what, that isn't a whitething, it is a $$$,$$$,$$$.$$ thing. And 99.99% of white people don't have those "opportunities." Other than that and the racist South; uswhites are struggling along just as much as every other ethnicity. You know your reality and I know my reality- nothing wrong with either. But like Idon't know what minorities go through, minorities don't know what I go through.

I am not arguing the history of what blacks and native americans had to endure; but for the vast majority of white people today, there is no system in placeset to make them succeed over others. The terms, opportunities, is just thrown around without any consideration to what exactly one is talking about and thecontext of its usage.

Anyways, I am not trying to get into any more NT race debates. Have a good evening.

Back
Top Bottom