Does anyone else not feel sympathy for Brittney Griner?

We wake up later than you east coast suckas. And don’t you shake your head at us. :lol:
wait-what-gif.gif

How many posts on NT was made about this veteran before BG was locked up?

I'm genuinely curious. This concern is as fake as the outrage from people kneeling from the flag. Y'all do not rock with the vets this heavy.

Wanted Brittney to sit because she's a lesbian black WNBA player, if it was a Kardashian or some other Becky y'all wouldn't have an issue with it. Yall can miss me with all of this.
Haven’t been more proud of you than I am right now. I salute you sir
0FB8E2ED-C9F1-40F4-A153-5D0598B8C540.gif

How many posts on NT was made about this veteran before BG was locked up?

I'm genuinely curious. This concern is as fake as the outrage from people kneeling from the flag. Y'all do not rock with the vets this heavy.

Wanted Brittney to sit because she's a lesbian black WNBA player, if it was a Kardashian or some other Becky y'all wouldn't have an issue with it. Yall can miss me with all of this.

I mean this same logic can be used for Britney Griner as well

where were all the post & support for regular black women unjustly locked up prior to Griner? in our own justice systems i can be sure they would would find several severe cases of black women being unjustly detained

Unfortunately for them circumstances didn't bring attention to their situation, Celebrity brought attention to BG's case & people got into an uproar, BG getting out being world news have brought attention to that soldier & now people are in an uproar.

Patriotism in this country took a downturn after 2020, possibly even way earlier.

Not gonna lie never heard of this imprisoned vet until now.

Athletes and celebrities in this country were always more praised though.

No. I’m saying we rushed to a deal where we don’t move on others for long periods of time.

I'm saying the timeline is being dedicated most by Russia, not the US. Russia is only open to prisoner swaps after they convict the person. They convicted Whelan 18 months after they arrested him. The convicted Griner around 4 months afterward. They took a year to convict Trevor Reed.

The timeline is so condensed party because of how quickly she was convicted. Not just her celebrity

Also that he is an higher value bargaining chip than her. It doesn’t take much to realize that this deal is being done because she is a celebrity of some form. The admin sees it as a PR win at home. If they didn’t gain from it, she’d be rotting in some hellhole like other US political prisoners. And I’m calling her a political prisoner for the same reason that you are saying, Russia knows all this and feels they can get the most from it; which they did. It’s still some BS; but all this over a vape with weed residue. If the media didn’t make this big stink over her, she’d prob be coming home for a lot less value.

The US tried to get two prisoners for one. The Russians refused

To the US it might seem like he is more valuable than Griner, but clearly, the Russians didn't think that way.

Her celebrity is a gift and a curse, it made sure the State Department jumped on it but it gave the Russians incentive to really **** her over.

And the longer this goes on, the more his value might decrease. Or and the next Administration isn't interested in getting Griner home.

Sure it is cool to want more but I don't think people are really taking everything into consideration here.

Plus what PR win, to me it seems Biden is spending political capital on this just as much as he is gaining some.

The news cycle is gonna blast "They freed a terrorist for a basketball player" everywhere. Fox News got more red meat for their base. I don't even think the coalition Biden needs to keep power is universally behind this.

And don’t get all RustyTwistedWordsOFord on me, not once did I say I want her to suffer. So please stop. This is about the reality of inter-geopolitics. There are bad actor countries out there, and they are going to do things and take advantage of situations to get over on the USA.
:lol:

You talked about her getting out so quickly. You said the US should have held out. But there are consequences for Griner if they do that. She is gonna be in a labor camp for a longer

That is functionally what is gonna happen. You can say you don't wish it is the conditions she will face, cool, but that doesn't matter. In reality, that is what is gonna happen.

I am not twisting your words, I am just pointing out the real-world consequences of your argument.

But if you want to start with the jabs, let me know. I could make my tone much more hostile in our exchanges if that is the road you prefer to go down.

Last edited:
Serves as a reminder, that totalitarian travel destinations come with some risk.

B.S. charges in the geopolitical game, but good job US State Department getting her back home.

Not really. Just don't bring drugs and you'll be fine. Like I mentioned earlier in this thread, I've traveled to countries with "One strike" drug laws like Malaysia and Singapore. I was able to travel there comfortably and come home because I didn't break the law. It's really not that difficult.

Last edited:
Uhhhmmm. Wasn’t the Russian we were given back an arms dealer and assassin of some sorts. We traded a celeb pot smoker for an arms dealer. He was a pretty big bargaining chip. Anyway congrats to BG.
I don't understand this stance. Would you rather the US opted for and American assassin instead?

In a situation like this you swap for the greater miscarriage of justice. Given what Russia was willing to give that is Brittney Griner.

They traded a guy who’s a legit danger to whole countries...... for someone who’s just a danger to themselves :lol:

The US should’ve requested the Russians give up at least one more person on top of that.

Russia right now
1670538602994.gif

Uhh, that’s precisely what they did. :lol:

I know this is NT and jokes must be gotten off by any means necessary. But goddamn some of you need to actually read up on the facts before commenting.

Journalist on sportscenter said the government wanted whelan for the exchange. russia said no so they got griner instead.

I mean look at the title of the thread. From the jump people were on some "she should have known better" which is true, but that doesnt mean u cant sympathize with her situation. Just lack of humanity overall. We've watched her over 10 years now, how could u not want her freed?

It's both. You can simultaneously feel sympathy because the punishment doesn't fit the crime but also acknowledge that she put herself in a totally avoidable, terrible situation.

Not really. Just don't bring drugs and you'll be fine. Like I mentioned earlier in this thread, I've traveled to countries with "One strike" drug laws like Malaysia and Singapore. I was able to travel there comfortably and come home because I didn't break the law. It's really not that difficult.

Such a weird hill to die on.

Your take on whether rappers should be prosecuted via evidence provided from their lyrics was as bad or worse. The only reason I recalled that take is because it pops up under 'similar threads' just below the reply box here. Maybe it should read 'Threads that are equally as low quality'?

Do better man.

It's both. You can simultaneously feel sympathy because the punishment doesn't fit the crime but also acknowledge that she put herself in a totally avoidable, terrible situation.
That's not really the message you conveyed in the OP

I have very little sympathy for Brittney Griner. With everything going on in the world, she chose to go to Russia and break their rules. Drug crimes are very serious in Russia. I've seen several threads on NT making fun of white Americans people for traveling abroad and feeling entitled to do whatever they want in foreign countries. This is exactly what Britney did. The fact that people are treating her as though she is a victim is bizarre to me.

Back
Top Bottom