Does anyone else not feel sympathy for Brittney Griner?

None of us know all the details. But in reality, we have political prisoners around the world. Many who have been imprisoned for years or decades. She’s been there for 10 months. Hard labor camp or not, stirred up charges or not; her ignorance set herself up for failure and the USA has to expend one of its bargaining chips for PR purposes. To me this appears rushed.
You suggested a holdout would cause more favorable outcome.

The State Department works to free imprisoned people all around the world. Someone was just freed from Russia this year. They have been working on Whelan for a while. When it is a high profile case, especially with ex-military they jump on it. The timeline is often dictated by the foreign government.

Griner was lucky and cursed that she was a celebrity. The media coverage made high ranking get involved, but it also meant Russia would ask a high price.

Griner is not coming home after ten months is not just as a function of the US caring more, but the timeline the Russian were cool with.

It comes off like you wanted her to suffer more and do more time just so you could feel more comfortable with the trade. Which seems silly and needlessly cruel to me.

A leopard never changes its spots champ. If you think this guy is going to change his habits and start doing humanitarian work all under the name, guidance and release of Vladimir Putin…….well then bless your heart.

Nice strawman but I never suggested that. I'm just not buying that he is some sort of existential threat going forward

He has been locked up for 14 years. His profile is as high as ever. Past contacts are wondering what info he gave up and how closely he is being watched

If he's lucky he gets to retire quietly and is occasionally trotted out for propaganda purposes

Nice strawman but I never suggested that. I'm just not buying that he is some sort of existential threat going forward

He has been locked up for 14 years. His profile is as high as ever. Past contacts are wondering what info he gave up and how closely he is being watched

If he's lucky he gets to retire quietly and is occasionally trotted out for propaganda purposes

Yeah most career criminals always stop doing crime when they get out of prison. He will most likely get a job at the local coffee shop and chill

:lol:

Putin must like f&f

Screenshot_20221208_133438_Twitter.jpg

Shame trial……….be that as it may BG VOLUNTARILY put herself in harms way for a shame trial. Once again that’s on her.

To answer your question if BG’s release meant The Merchant of Death getting released then I would prefer no deal. So with that being said both individuals serve out their terms. Let the chips fall where they may.
So let corrupt Russians make a woman do harsh labor for 9 years, which might kill her, all for some weed. And let ole boy stay in federal protection in a prison for 6 years. The terrorist

So the person you think is the worst person, gets off easier.

All in the name of some struggle appeal to accountability

Ok famb, whatever

Last edited:

Deuce ain’t got time for redemption champ

You suggested a holdout would cause more favorable outcome.

The State Department works to free imprisoned people all around the world. Someone was just freed from Russia this year. They have been working on Whelan for a while. When it is a high profile case, especially with ex-military they jump on it. The timeline is often dictated by the foreign government.

Griner was lucky and cursed that she was a celebrity. The media coverage made high ranking get involved, but it also meant Russia would ask a high price.

Griner is not coming home after ten months is not just as a function of the US caring more, but the timeline the Russian were cool with.

It comes off like you wanted her to suffer more and do more time just so you could feel more comfortable with the trade. Which seems silly and needlessly cruel to me.

No. I’m saying we rushed to a deal where we don’t move on others for long periods of time. Also that he is an higher value bargaining chip than her. It doesn’t take much to realize that this deal is being done because she is a celebrity of some form. The admin sees it as a PR win at home. If they didn’t gain from it, she’d be rotting in some hellhole like other US political prisoners. And I’m calling her a political prisoner for the same reason that you are saying, Russia knows all this and feels they can get the most from it; which they did. It’s still some BS; but all this over a vape with weed residue. If the media didn’t make this big stink over her, she’d prob be coming home for a lot less value.

And don’t get all RustyTwistedWordsOFord on me, not once did I say I want her to suffer. So please stop. This is about the reality of inter-geopolitics. There are bad actor countries out there, and they are going to do things and take advantage of situations to get over on the USA.

Retire quietly?? Trotted out for propaganda purposes?? P.T. Barnum was right.

So let corrupt Russians make a woman do harsh labor for 9 years, which might kill her, all for some weed. And let ole boy stay in federal protection in a prison for 6 years. The terrorist

Ok famb, whatever

Deuce King is the biggest pull yourself up by the BOOTSTRAPS member on this board.

He expected BG to bust herself out on some Stranger Things vibes.

Ok famb, whatever

Actually champ if both parties served out their full sentence he would have been locked up for 20 years and her for 9 years. Not sure how that makes it easier on him in comparison.

Accountability for some reason is a difficult concept for some folks to understand these days, especially for US….….”we’re losing recipes”

Personally IDGAF either way

But do ya'll seriously not see how someone who is in the military & actually is deployed to "fight" for the United States being left in jail, meanwhile the athlete & "celebrity" who was jailed for her own negligence..... is going to make people feel a way?

any other time it's EAT THE RICH!! celebrities aren't special etc etc idk why it's not to be expected in case. If Brittany Griner was a random black women locked up unjustly for weed NONE of this would have happened. Her celebrity allowed her the support of other celebrities which then galvanized the general public into caring.

Her celebrity is what got her out, over a military veteran.... it's very clear to see why people would have a legitimate gripe, if ya'll morals & stances didn't change based on how much you like/dislike a person or the narrative around them

How many posts on NT was made about this veteran before BG was locked up?

I'm genuinely curious. This concern is as fake as the outrage from people kneeling from the flag. Y'all do not rock with the vets this heavy.

Wanted Brittney to sit because she's a lesbian black WNBA player, if it was a Kardashian or some other Becky y'all wouldn't have an issue with it. Yall can miss me with all of this.

Actually champ if both parties served out their full sentence he would have been locked up for 20 years and her for 9 years. Not sure how that makes it easier on him in comparison.

Accountability for some reason is a difficult concept for some folks to understand these days, especially for US….….”we’re losing recipes”

It is the year 2022, time only moves forward from here.

If this trade is not done, he has 6 years left in a US federal prison under government protection. She has 9 years of hard labor in front of here.

We can't time travel champ

Deuce King is the biggest pull yourself up by the BOOTSTRAPS member on this board.

He expected BG to bust herself out on some Stranger Things vibes.

You can call it what you want to champ. At the end of the day nobody is helping you in life…..at least once you cross into adulthood. The world doesn’t owe you or I sympathy.

Educate yourself, work hard, be humble, learn from those around you or more advanced and give back to your community……….and most importantly don’t some weed.

:lol:Laker fans on some weird **** today I see :smh:

We wake up later than you east coast suckas. And don’t you shake your head at us. :lol:

But youre right. Im not trying to sway NT group think. Going back to lurk mode, not a NT-broke-boy so I’ve got a couple big items due today.

You can call it what you want to champ. At the end of the day nobody is helping you in life…..at least once you cross into adulthood. The world doesn’t owe you or I sympathy.

Educate yourself, work hard, be humble, learn from those around you or more advanced and give back to your community……….and most importantly don’t some weed.
15D0C647-6D9B-4247-B416-EA124556ECAA.png

I'm genuinely curious. This concern is as fake as the outrage from people kneeling from the flag. Y'all do not rock with the vets this heavy.

Wanted Brittney to sit because she's a lesbian black WNBA player, if it was a Kardashian or some other Becky y'all wouldn't have an issue with it. Yall can miss me with all of this.

I searched Zero.....zero posts were made about that man. But all of a sudden Fox News and y'all want him freed as priority or using his imprisonment as a way to justify BG staying in Russia?

Nope. Not. Rolling.

You know the accountability police would have some other objection even if Bout and Whelan weren't in the picture

I'm a bit torn on this whole situation. Agree with both sides here to an extent.

Feel like Russia played us in the end though. This guy is 55 years old, he's got plenty of life left to continue to do or educate others to do harm. Putin will somehow get use of him, especially during an ongoing war.

Back
Top Bottom