Does anyone else not feel sympathy for Brittney Griner?

You have a source for this. Genuine question

Because from what I have read is that he sold arms to a terrorist group that was plotting attacks on American citizens living in South America. Not personally plotting an attack on America solid. not downplaying what mans did in any way, he is pretty much a terrorist in my eyes.

"Attack on America" kinda implies an attack on American soil. And I didn't know he did that too.
You're right. Rereading it, it can be assumed that I am referring to an attack on American soil.
But what you said is correct. He sold weapons to terrorists whose intentions were to kill Americans.

A telephone conversation from 2008 between Bout and a U.S. informant that was secretly recorded by authorities provided key evidence of Bout's intentions against America, he added: "Viktor Bout was himself recorded during a two-hour discussion offering up the specific arms that I described. While being told that they were needed for the purpose of killing American pilots, he also expressed his solidarity with the FARC and said that the fight against the United States was his fight, too."

Because from what I have read is that he sold arms to a terrorist group that was plotting attacks on American citizens living in South America. Not personally plotting an attack on America solid. not downplaying what mans did in any way, he is pretty much a terrorist in my eyes.

"Attack on America" kinda implies an attack on American soil. And I didn't know he did that too.
The American Gov alleged that he may have supplied Al Qaeda and the Taliban, but they don't have any concrete evidence to say he did other than he was in Afghanistan during the 90s.

1. The idea that Brittney had to go to Russia because she  only makes $220k in salary playing with a WNBA is crazy. She's makes 4x What the average American worker makes. She has every right to go abroad and makes more money but framing it as though she had to go because she's barely making a living wage is misrepresenting issue.
Every pro athlete is an injury away from their career being over. Doesn't matter what her salary is, she is hustlin for her future, wherever the money is. The idea that because she makes x amount of money she can't go ply her trade in Russia is quite strange considering the long-term financial outlook for a career with a short shelf-life.

What type of arms are we talking about?

What you can find in any humble gun shop

Or something only he can get his hands on

Every pro athlete is an injury away from their career being over. Doesn't matter what her salary is, she is hustlin for her future, wherever the money is. The idea that because she makes x amount of money she can't go ply her trade in Russia is quite strange considering the long-term financial outlook for a career with a short shelf-life.

Nobody said it wasn’t a good idea for her to capitalize. It’s the notion that she’s struggling financially and HAD to go there that’s laughable. Sorry but our citizens here who will only make $15-$16 an hour their whole lives would kill to make what she does even with her short shelf life

Nobody said it wasn’t a good idea for her to capitalize. It’s the notion that she’s struggling financially and HAD to go there that’s laughable. Sorry but our citizens here who will only make $15-$16 an hour their whole lives would kill to make what she does even with her short shelf life
They should become an all time great in their profession and they will

And would y’all still simp for them being the greatest fry cook of all time if they got in trouble? Or nah
If they were being held for an unreasonable amount of time on a trumped up charge due to political conflicts and not truly the nature of their crime, sure. Even if they were a ****ty fry cook for that matter, having an ounce of compassion, empathy, and understanding nuances of the situation beyond “derp derp she did the crime do the time” costs 0 dollars

What type of arms are we talking about?

What you can find in any humble gun shop

Or something only he can get his hands on
Military grade.

His front was he was a legit cargo company, but he was supplying military grade arms to conflict areas.

The U.S. will most likely bring her home. The only question is when. I hope our athletes never travel to Russia again, not even if they host another Olympic event.

I see a lot of disparate, spread out conversations about the Brittney Griner situation but I haven't seen an official threat about it so I decided to consolidate the conversation here.

This might be a controversial opinion but I have very little sympathy for Brittney Griner. With everything going on in the world, she chose to go to Russia and break their rules. Drug crimes are very serious in Russia. I've seen several threads on NT making fun of white Americans people for traveling abroad and feeling entitled to do whatever they want in foreign countries. This is exactly what Britney did. The fact that people are treating her as though she is a victim is bizarre to me. No one wronged Brittney.

We all understand that she is being used as a pawn in a larger geopolitical game but why put yourself in this position in The first place by going to a foreign country and breaking the rules there. Brittany has played international basketball for many years so she can't plead ignorance.

The end game was always going to be a prisoner exchange. Now we're going to have to swap an international drug runner who's directly responsible for the deaths of thousands just to free a basketball player.

If I were the Biden administration, I would make her eat the charge but I realize that they've been put in an impossible situation: either let her do time in a Russian prison and hear the media out cry from American prominent athletes or free her but let a gun runner go free.

You win for dumbest ****ing post ever

1659202170981.gif

:lol: :smh:

“Attack on America” really doesn’t imply an attack on U.S. soil though.

If the intentions were really explicitly to kill and terrorize Americans citizens in Colombia that would still be an attack on America.

I’m sure the tens of thousands of Americans living in Colombia including myself would all agree on that.

Would be no different than a coordinated attack on a U.S. embassy or U.S. diplomat overseas in terms of it being an attack on America.

Obligatory free BG, cause some of y’all be trippin. I’m not even saying the deal not worth it.

“Attack on America” really doesn’t imply an attack on U.S. soil though.

If the intentions were really explicitly to kill and terrorize Americans citizens in Colombia that would still be an attack on America.

I’m sure the tens of thousands of Americans living in Colombia including myself would all agree on that.

Would be no different than a coordinated attack on a U.S. embassy or U.S. diplomat overseas in terms of it being an attack on America.

Obligatory free BG, cause some of y’all be trippin. I’m not even saying the deal not worth it.
ok

Back
Top Bottom