dogs are only okay.

I'm glad she cleaned it up. :lol:

But yea, people IN the city that actually clean up their doodoo are doing it on the sidewalk and/or in the grass-border of the sidewalk.

Can't always get to a park.

Yea, thats why I asked. I wasn't sure if I was being unreasonable. Still sucks that folks will unknowingly step on whatever remnants are left on the sidewalk.

Overall, it's just wild to me that folks pay for and enjoy dog ownership. We have a dog (my brother's) and you couldn't pay me to get a dog of my own. All that companionship/part of the family jazz just isn't worth it for me.

:lol: Yea I understand completely.

I was with a co-worker for "coffee" the other day and a woman was walking her dog and the dog pissed in the middle of the sidewalk. I mean there is no way to clean it up but people were eating 3 feet from that spot. (MOre reason why I hate to see dogs near food).

But, about 3 minutes later another dog came up and sniffed/licked the piss. :lol:

But yea, animals are just dirty and it takes a lot of keep things clean.

I don't understand letting dogs in the bed though. I will never get that. :lol:

Got my guy a few weeks ago
He’s definitely a psycho but he’s amazing and I already have so much love for him :blush:
14E8317F-C481-4B2E-89B2-EAA35C8C2976.jpeg
3F2CC56D-DDEE-476E-A111-45B351C9DDC3.jpeg
35495C77-EF64-406F-820E-A80F354F5CDA.jpeg
4421ACC2-9FDC-4793-A25D-A7369E887FAF.jpeg
4E94CF58-F108-47D6-B491-A559AE508032.jpeg
975B5CBB-A5C5-4847-8DAA-6C731E51940D.jpeg
7B85F89B-96BE-4E07-BA9C-6845A9179898.jpeg

Is he a miniature?

I'd kill for a blue merle Aussie, but I'm never going to come across one in a shelter.

maybe one day we can just leave these animals alone.

In May, 4 Investigates highlighted how the Farmington Police Department planned to retire its drug-sniffing dogs because of problems posed in establishing probable cause.
More police K9s forced into retirement following legalization of recreational marijuana

Here's the problem – a dog will indicate "a drug" is present, but can't communicate "which drug." A handler can't determine if the dog found meth, heroin or a legal amount of marijuana.

"Now marijuana is legal -- if the dog alerts on it, and we got a search warrant, we'd be violating somebody's rights. So that meant the easiest, simplest thing was to just stop using those dogs for that purpose," said Farmington Police Chief Steve Hebbe.

I will close this post with an obligatory ftp.

A few comments late but in nyc it’s normal for dogs to pee/poop on sidewalks. I think most owners try to direct them to the curb when they notice dog is going to go but sometimes it just isn’t possible. Say one dog straight up poop as he is walking normally right next to a fruit stand vendor.

Is he a miniature?

I'd kill for a blue merle Aussie, but I'm never going to come across one in a shelter.
He’s supposed to be a toy but my brother got one from the same breeder and he ended up being mini sized so I’m not even sure. But I’m hoping he stays on the smaller side

Dogs are amazing if you live in a rural or non city environment.

Think dogs living in the city shouldn’t be allowed - 100% for the pooping and peeing issue - it’s really an unfair burden to place on the community. Really quite disgusting to have a dog do that on your lawn or on the city street sidewalk regardless of whether someone picks it up or not.

If we created infrastructure for having pets in the city that’d be different - ex, having small lawn areas consistently placed every few hundred yards in the city specifically designed for that.

Dogs are amazing if you live in a rural or non city environment.

Think dogs living in the city shouldn’t be allowed - 100% for the pooping and peeing issue - it’s really an unfair burden to place on the community. Really quite disgusting to have a dog do that on your lawn or on the city street sidewalk regardless of whether someone picks it up or not.

If we created infrastructure for having pets in the city that’d be different - ex, having small lawn areas consistently placed every few hundred yards in the city specifically designed for that.

.... humans cause more pollution than ANY animal ever could. Look at all
The garbage heaps, plastic, etc.

this is a weak argument. I live in a big city. I’ve visited NYC and a couple other major cities. Dogs ain’t the issue

“I don’t trust someone who don’t WORSHIP dogs”
-No dog owner, ever.

LIKE maybe but worship? Nah.

Even still, if someone doesn't like Dogs that could be for a number of reasons.

Not casting judgement. Most likely they just weren't around them as a child and/or had bad experiences.

So yea, comments like that are always funny.

Back
Top Bottom