Dressing Better Vol 2.0

This always seems to happen to you Serg :lol:

Lol yea last time it was the waistcoat. Ironically enough though, it's the two times that my usual style consultant hasn't done the consultation himself. I'm going to end up order the suit for the odd waistcoat I have anyways, in the near future. Free bespoke!

My MAB suit is ready and went to try it on today. One issue with it, is that it is the wrong fabric.

On the left what I ordered and on the right what I got:

The great thing...it looked great, I need to alter a few things, like the jacket and getting 2 inch cuffs...but I get to keep it, in addition to getting the one I ordered as well.

aint that the second time they screwed up ur order?

Saw this Rag and Bone shawl sweater at Nordstroms the other day. Loved the look of it and the feel. The price tag, however, I didnt like too much, $290. Tempted to go back and pick it up but I figured I'd ask here if anyone knows any cheaper or nicer alternatives for the price.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/rag-bone-avery-shawl-collar-cardigan/3556726?origin=PredictiveSearch
It's a staple item. It comes out every year. I saw it on sale last year so just wait for their 40% off. I have a similar one, but it's Rag and Bone for Opening Ceremony. I think the only difference is mine is a popcorn knit. It also cost $290. I got it 3 years ago at full retail. No regret and it's still in a great shape after many wears.

stopped by express to see how the photographer in a 44r fit, these sleeves looking alright to everyone?
Looks good in the pics, man. But pics can only tell so much. If you feel any restrictions then it's too tight.

My MAB suit is ready and went to try it on today. One issue with it, is that it is the wrong fabric.

The great thing...it looked great, I need to alter a few things, like the jacket and getting 2 inch cuffs...but I get to keep it, in addition to getting the one I ordered as well.
Good come up. Not sure about 2" cuff on the trousers though since you're a bigger and shorter you. May want to go with 1.5". Half an inch does make a big difference, man.

aint that the second time they screwed up ur order?

Yea waistcoat once, it happens.

I'm gonna go get one made and when I pick it up tell them it's the wrong fabric.

Lol they figured out it was the wrong fabric a couple days ago. Apparently they mixed up the fabric numbers on mine with some other guy's and his with mine. Essentially we are both getting a free suit.

It's a staple item. It comes out every year. I saw it on sale last year so just wait for their 40% off. I have a similar one, but it's Rag and Bone for Opening Ceremony. I think the only difference is mine is a popcorn knit. It also cost $290. I got it 3 years ago at full retail. No regret and it's still in a great shape after many wears.
Looks good in the pics, man. But pics can only tell so much. If you feel any restrictions then it's too tight.
Good come up. Not sure about 2" cuff on the trousers though since you're a bigger and shorter you. May want to go with 1.5". Half an inch does make a big difference, man.

I don't have any pants with a cuff and considering I'm not paying for this one, I said what the hell lets do 2 inches. If they don't look right then I'll have them do a 1.5" cuff instead, so no biggie. It's the jacket that needed some work. Stomach area was way too big and the sleeves needed a taper and to be shortened.

Last edited:
Saw this Rag and Bone shawl sweater at Nordstroms the other day. Loved the look of it and the feel. The price tag, however, I didnt like too much, $290. Tempted to go back and pick it up but I figured I'd ask here if anyone knows any cheaper or nicer alternatives for the price.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/rag-bone-avery-shawl-collar-cardigan/3556726?origin=PredictiveSearch

Dude...my sister gave me a shawl cardigan sweater almost identical last year as a gift. It's from the Gap the one she got me. I doubt she paid more than $40 for it.

Today:

I was gonna rock the Jet Fighter Foams, but RFX got on his Professor X tip and mentally talked me out of it this morning.

stopped by express to see how the photographer in a 44r fit, these sleeves looking alright to everyone?

Word thanks i was asking since I normally have to get a long so I wanted to make sure the sleeve looked right everything else felt fine

Yo Adrian, Is it possible to fix shoes that have like a bad polish on em?

Idk how to describe it, but my dad has some cap toes, and he messed em up, my mom tried to use some like 10 year old polish on em, and they didn't polish really.

she also put water protectant oil thing on it and that made the leather feel all wierd.

eDIT:

sort of slippery I guess is the word. and the leather leaves hand markes on it now :lol:
Yes, strip them with conditioner/cleaner or saddle soap. If that is not enough, water down acetone and use it sparingly. Then re-apply.

Ha yeah I remember seeing it last winter and wanting it but I picked up some v neck sweaters instead. I'll wait until the 40% sale, they usually do it for men around November/December right?

Wearing my walnut Dalton's tomorrow with dark denim, button up, and cardigan. My question is, should my belt be the same color as my shoes or can I wear a black or dark brown belt?

Wearing my walnut Dalton's tomorrow with dark denim, button up, and cardigan. My question is, should my belt be the same color as my shoes or can I wear a black or dark brown belt?
Definitely don't do black. Brown will work though. Eventually if you could cop a more walnut hue it would be better.

CT now has a sale, $40/shirt + free woven tie.

Also, can anyone recommend a tailor in Arlington, VA (would prefer to avoid DC)? Thanks a lot

CT now has a sale, $40/shirt + free woven tie.

Also, can anyone recommend a tailor in Arlington, VA (would prefer to avoid DC)? Thanks a lot

link?

There needs to be a site like slickdeals but strictly for menswear. A lot of good menswear sales gets lost on slickdeals

Back
Top Bottom