Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Forgot to post, but scooped them up from the AE store on Friday. These are NICE. Will be wearing a lot.
C85BBA96-C6EF-4F0D-B2BF-DDA81FFA4746.jpeg

i need some deer skin fbt's for the low
i've been wearing the elk's for like 5 years now...they performed wonderfully but now it's time for them to retire

any recommendations on where i can get the most bang for my buck on the following:
1) a decent crewneck sweatshirt (under $70)? i usually jump to uniqlo for this, but i'm not a big fan of their selection for this season.

2) dress trousers for a more formal workspace (grey or navy). think it's time i upgrade from kenneth cole

any recommendations on where i can get the most bang for my buck on the following:
1) a decent crewneck sweatshirt (under $70)? i usually jump to uniqlo for this, but i'm not a big fan of their selection for this season.

2) dress trousers for a more formal workspace (grey or navy). think it's time i upgrade from kenneth cole

I’mma just skip to #2, but I’ve had good luck with Banana Republic suit pants that I’ve gotten for ~$50-70 at their outlets.

Also owed you guys some pics of the Shoe the Bear ‘Arnie’ Chelsea’s I got last week. They do have a more rounded toe than NR/CP Chelsea’s. Leather quality isn’t magisterial but it’s definitely nicer than a cheap mall brand pair. I also like that they used a rubber on the forefoot sole, which is very necessary here in the Midwest in the winter. I think retail is roughly $160 after VAT is removed, which feels fair. They’re definitely not even in the same category as those AE up there. I got fortunate and found a site with just a 46 left so got em for a little under 50% off. Sizing wise, the 46 is perfect for me, fit is very similar to my size 12 NR suede Chelsea’s.

Wore them Friday but let y’all down by forgetting to take a full fit pic.

9B5C5BA0-E69B-4585-847E-7E5BE5E66659.jpeg

89C6E6E9-E0CB-4E7E-8DA6-BDDEDB105C93.jpeg

D3C85769-FBDA-41F9-99D2-A8449C491613.jpeg

Edit: did find an on-foot pic in my phone!
AA150118-7121-4088-9D62-773BBC003E26.jpeg

Last edited:
looking for a good pair of dark skinny jeans that look good with 1s. The dark pair i have now bleeds all over my shoes, etc. I can rub em up against a white wall, and the dye will smear on the wall. Any recs? No budget restrictions

not sure what size you wear but these are nice and under your budget

https://www.nordstromrack.com/shop/product/2983995/goodlife-raglan-crew-sweatshirt?color=BLACK

Last edited:
looking for a good pair of dark skinny jeans that look good with 1s. The dark pair i have now bleeds all over my shoes, etc. I can rub em up against a white wall, and the dye will smear on the wall. Any recs? No budget restrictions

Acne
Rick Owens cargo not denim but whatever
G star if money a issue
Nudie jeans only the dry black coated wash
Hell everlane for A cheap pair

But really it’s jordan 1 lol, as long you not out here rocking 5 inch leg opening jeans you can rock any pair

I know it’s out of season now, but can anyone point me to some low budget linen suits? Have a wedding in Orlando at the top of the year so I wanna prepare early. H&M already selling out.

Any half-zip/full-zip sweaters/jackets you guys like?

Might check out bonobos to see what they have now, need it for work

Can anyone point me to the direction of some comfortable brown casual socks?

socks I have when I wear my work shoes are a bit rough.

Looking for some advice on fall/winter stuff. I recently have lost 52 lbs since March and literally none of my clothes from that time fit me any more. I was slowly buying a shirt or shorts here or there over the summer, but now it's getting brisk in the northeast and I'm stuck wearing a pair of joggers over and over and over.
Really looking for those diamond in the rough brands that have cache among enthusiasts but the prices haven't caught up to the quality of the item.
Looking for Marshalls/TJs/Nordstrom Rack quality and prices.

I'm 6'2" and hovering between 195 and 203 lbs now. Still have bigger calves (and thighs), so skinny fit stuff is harder to find that works, although slim fit works now.

I used to swear by AG Adriano Goldschmied jeans, but they don't fit well anymore. Used to get the graduate cut.
I just picked up a pair of rising sun and co jeans and got them tailored and they feel pretty great for the price point ($39.99).
Also, any flannel shirt companies that stand out on fit and price? I see brands pop up on instagram ads all the time but don't know which to pull the trigger on. Some swear by Dixxon.

Thanks!

NT I think I'm gonna start dressing like a grown up again, how do you find a good tailor and I know it's a tired question but what is the most a good tailor should be able to size a double breasted suit down? the only good tailor I was ever able to find in my town is apparently closed down, they most likely retired and the others that I've been to suck. moar concerned with dry cleaning and straight up ruined suits I had back in the days with their butchering.

for those who wore j.crew & polo and transition to other clothing brands, what were they?

i haven't really brought clothes in a few year and need some new gear

Back
Top Bottom