ESPN NBA Analyst Ric Bucher says DROSE is Better than LEBRON?!

roll.gif
30t6p3b.gif
@ y'all actually entertaining this and having discussion about it.

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Originally Posted by thesimplestlife

some of you guys man...just because Lebron stopped Rose a couple of times doesn't mean he can really guard him. It's like when analysts were saying that Noah could guard Wade because he shut him down one time..SMH..

In all honesty I still believe Rose has a better offensive game the Lebron.If you have seen Lebron through his whole career then you can clearly see that he has some holes in his offense. He's actually a bit limited. He tends to drive a bit or shoot outside shots. Yes he makes mid range shots once in awhile, but he doesn't really have a mid range game nor a post one. Lebron is just blessed to be as big and as quick as he is, it really helps his game a lot.

Rose just tends to take way too many 3's. But in terms of a really solid offensive game, Rose has a bigger arsenal of moves and shots to get what he wants to get. Lebron is just really good at making the shots he's used to making.However, Rose can do more though.

Now defense is another thing..and I would definitely give that to Lebron. Rose tends to lag when it comes to screens and he seems to not care so much.
Rose himself said that "It's extremely hard where a 6-8 guy can easily defend you". How can people still say that he has no jumper when he shot 51% and shot 45% from mid-range,the best numbers of his career. All his shooting %'s were better than Rose this year and overall he had better offensive numbers than rose despite the fact that he's also playing with one of the best offensive players in the league.. How exactly would you say that he's limited when he can score from virtually anywhere. What can Rose do more? Prettier lay ups? Explain. Not salty,just curious.

Rose is a great player all around but to say that he has a better offensive game is questionable since he put up worse offensive numbers being the number 1 scoring option on his team than LeBron who's had to share the load with D-Wade. Even during the post-season,Rose hasn't played like the MVP he was during the season while LeBron has been the best player in these playoffs with Dirk.
you've been watching the playoffs right? Then haven't you noticed how every team has been playing defense on Rose? You act like Rose is playing worse than he usually does because he can't beat one man off the dribble. No, teams are throwing the kitchen sink at him to stop his dominance:  Trapping, Double teaming, and triple teaming him in some instances. Now you cant honestly say teams are playing that type of defense on Lebron, can you? You know why they aren't...Well because he has Wade and Bosh, who both can score too. So you can't say well his numbers suck and doesn't look like the MVP yada yada yada..teams are going crazy defending him. The other bulls will need to be a bit more effective. You can contribute those numbers you said to what I just said, he has Wade and Bosh to help space the floor for him.
Now to compare their offensive games I will say this..IMO Rose has a better mid-range game. His mid range game is right up there with the best in the league and his release is fast enough that he can get it off at anytime. Lebron is a bit different, if he's not driving it's like you almost know what he's going to do. He'll probably do a little jab step then take a step back 3 or something like that. Yea, yea sometimes he will hit that little fade away mid range shot but that's really about it.  I also feel Rose drives better than Lebron,  and not b/c his layups are prettier either. Rose has more moves to get the hoop, while Lebron uses his god given build to almost plow his way to the hole. Rose can finish with EITHER hand equally while I'm not sure anyone in the league can do that up to par with him. Rose also has a bigger variety of shots he can make like Floaters, runners, and pull ups. When it comes down to it, I think Lebron's offensive game is good but there are other people in the league who have better ones than him, not just Rose. But luckily, Lebron is built so well for basketball that those flaws I just mentioned hardly surface. 

some of you guys man...just because Lebron stopped Rose a couple of times doesn't mean he can really guard him. It's like when analysts were saying that Noah could guard Wade because he shut him down one time..SMH..

In all honesty I still believe Rose has a better offensive game the Lebron.If you have seen Lebron through his whole career then you can clearly see that he has some holes in his offense. He's actually a bit limited. He tends to drive a bit or shoot outside shots. Yes he makes mid range shots once in awhile, but he doesn't really have a mid range game nor a post one. Lebron is just blessed to be as big and as quick as he is, it really helps his game a lot.

Rose just tends to take way too many 3's. But in terms of a really solid offensive game, Rose has a bigger arsenal of moves and shots to get what he wants to get. Lebron is just really good at making the shots he's used to making.However, Rose can do more though.

Now defense is another thing..and I would definitely give that to Lebron. Rose tends to lag when it comes to screens and he seems to not care so much.
Rose himself said that "It's extremely hard where a 6-8 guy can easily defend you". How can people still say that he has no jumper when he shot 51% and shot 45% from mid-range,the best numbers of his career. All his shooting %'s were better than Rose this year and overall he had better offensive numbers than rose despite the fact that he's also playing with one of the best offensive players in the league.. How exactly would you say that he's limited when he can score from virtually anywhere. What can Rose do more? Prettier lay ups? Explain. Not salty,just curious.

Rose is a great player all around but to say that he has a better offensive game is questionable since he put up worse offensive numbers being the number 1 scoring option on his team than LeBron who's had to share the load with D-Wade. Even during the post-season,Rose hasn't played like the MVP he was during the season while LeBron has been the best player in these playoffs with Dirk.
you've been watching the playoffs right? Then haven't you noticed how every team has been playing defense on Rose? You act like Rose is playing worse than he usually does because he can't beat one man off the dribble. No, teams are throwing the kitchen sink at him to stop his dominance:  Trapping, Double teaming, and triple teaming him in some instances. Now you cant honestly say teams are playing that type of defense on Lebron, can you? You know why they aren't...Well because he has Wade and Bosh, who both can score too. So you can't say well his numbers suck and doesn't look like the MVP yada yada yada..teams are going crazy defending him. The other bulls will need to be a bit more effective. You can contribute those numbers you said to what I just said, he has Wade and Bosh to help space the floor for him.
Now to compare their offensive games I will say this..IMO Rose has a better mid-range game. His mid range game is right up there with the best in the league and his release is fast enough that he can get it off at anytime. Lebron is a bit different, if he's not driving it's like you almost know what he's going to do. He'll probably do a little jab step then take a step back 3 or something like that. Yea, yea sometimes he will hit that little fade away mid range shot but that's really about it.  I also feel Rose drives better than Lebron,  and not b/c his layups are prettier either. Rose has more moves to get the hoop, while Lebron uses his god given build to almost plow his way to the hole. Rose can finish with EITHER hand equally while I'm not sure anyone in the league can do that up to par with him. Rose also has a bigger variety of shots he can make like Floaters, runners, and pull ups. When it comes down to it, I think Lebron's offensive game is good but there are other people in the league who have better ones than him, not just Rose. But luckily, Lebron is built so well for basketball that those flaws I just mentioned hardly surface. 

LOL @ people discussing this like it's a legit comparison. What's up next? Dirk vs Mo Williams? Ahahahaha.

LOL @ people discussing this like it's a legit comparison. What's up next? Dirk vs Mo Williams? Ahahahaha.

Originally Posted by OnionSlice

Wait a minute... just so I'm clear... Are you saying that comparing Bron to Pooh is like comparing Dirk to Mo?

85e25bd44e74c83954ea95035166cfe4d04856e_r.gif

Originally Posted by OnionSlice

Wait a minute... just so I'm clear... Are you saying that comparing Bron to Pooh is like comparing Dirk to Mo?

85e25bd44e74c83954ea95035166cfe4d04856e_r.gif

Better @ jacking up more shots? Yeah/

I'd take Dwight over both.

Better @ jacking up more shots? Yeah/

I'd take Dwight over both.

Originally Posted by Smyrthil

Originally Posted by wiseman299

First never compare Bayless to anyone Bayless is the worst ever. Without Woody silly self on 1st n 10 there is no balance, they should def fire him or get Woody back. None the less what he said isn't that off it's just what type of player you prefer. So let’s compare them; both are fast, strong, got hops, can pass, defense about even, and are streaky shooters at best. To me D Rose is more fearless/ has more heart and Lebron is bigger therefore harder to match up with. So it depends on what you prefer heart or size.

No wonder Kobe wiped snot on him lol..
eek.gif
laugh.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif

When was this?

Originally Posted by Smyrthil

Originally Posted by wiseman299

First never compare Bayless to anyone Bayless is the worst ever. Without Woody silly self on 1st n 10 there is no balance, they should def fire him or get Woody back. None the less what he said isn't that off it's just what type of player you prefer. So let’s compare them; both are fast, strong, got hops, can pass, defense about even, and are streaky shooters at best. To me D Rose is more fearless/ has more heart and Lebron is bigger therefore harder to match up with. So it depends on what you prefer heart or size.

No wonder Kobe wiped snot on him lol..
eek.gif
laugh.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif

When was this?

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by nyk buc

right.  you guys are reacting off ONE and a 1/2 quarters of play.  I think Lebron's the best player in the league (although he has no post game, and refuses to work to make his jumper more consistent the way Rose did [even though evidence shows Rose still has a long way to go])

If he had made this comment before the playoffs would there even be as many people in here up in arms?
lebron's midrange jumpshot is at 45% in te reg season, that's better than KD and kobe bryant. what more do you want? 
bucher did make this statement before the playoffs, and he was still ignorant then. he's just more ignorant now b/c these guys are going against each other 1-on-1 and bron is shutting him down. facts are in front of him and he's still living in his dream world. 

OK and Lebron shoots the midrange less than both players, he should shoot a higher % as the "best player in the world."  How does he shoot the wide open three compared to other players?  The pull up off the dribble?

This debate is stupid.  In the end they're totally different players.  They work on and master different aspects of the game to suit their physical attributes and given gifts.  This is almost as bad as the "Who's better -- Tim Duncan or Allen Iverson?!" debates.

It's why Player A vs. Player B debates never go anywhere.  This isn't the first time Lebron has had to guard D. Rose.  He doesn't always lock him down, but last night he did.  If they iso'd Rose against Bron 100 times how many times do you think D Rose would score?

I don't think Rose is better than LBJ, but I don't necessarily think Lebron is the best player in the league.  My point is however, that people need to just get over what journalists say. 
are you serious? was MJ the best 3pt shooter in the L? what kind of argument are you freakin' making?
the best player in the L is that: the best player in the L. they dominate the game in more ways than any other player, and that's lebron james. he scores efficiently, rebound, make plays, and defend anybody. who else can make that claim? nobody.

are you saying we can't say michael jordan is better than allen iverson b/c of their different styles? 

you watch the game of basketball. it should be evident.  

Originally Posted by nyk buc

right.  you guys are reacting off ONE and a 1/2 quarters of play.  I think Lebron's the best player in the league (although he has no post game, and refuses to work to make his jumper more consistent the way Rose did [even though evidence shows Rose still has a long way to go])

If he had made this comment before the playoffs would there even be as many people in here up in arms?
lebron's midrange jumpshot is at 45% in te reg season, that's better than KD and kobe bryant. what more do you want? 
bucher did make this statement before the playoffs, and he was still ignorant then. he's just more ignorant now b/c these guys are going against each other 1-on-1 and bron is shutting him down. facts are in front of him and he's still living in his dream world. 

OK and Lebron shoots the midrange less than both players, he should shoot a higher % as the "best player in the world."  How does he shoot the wide open three compared to other players?  The pull up off the dribble?

This debate is stupid.  In the end they're totally different players.  They work on and master different aspects of the game to suit their physical attributes and given gifts.  This is almost as bad as the "Who's better -- Tim Duncan or Allen Iverson?!" debates.

It's why Player A vs. Player B debates never go anywhere.  This isn't the first time Lebron has had to guard D. Rose.  He doesn't always lock him down, but last night he did.  If they iso'd Rose against Bron 100 times how many times do you think D Rose would score?

I don't think Rose is better than LBJ, but I don't necessarily think Lebron is the best player in the league.  My point is however, that people need to just get over what journalists say. 
are you serious? was MJ the best 3pt shooter in the L? what kind of argument are you freakin' making?
the best player in the L is that: the best player in the L. they dominate the game in more ways than any other player, and that's lebron james. he scores efficiently, rebound, make plays, and defend anybody. who else can make that claim? nobody.

are you saying we can't say michael jordan is better than allen iverson b/c of their different styles? 

you watch the game of basketball. it should be evident.  

mike bibby is giving him the rondo treatment brother. and they only throw the kitchen sink at him when he uses the pick and roll. if he doesn't use that, the heat do NOT double him. what rose is facing isn't any different when you're the single star of a team like AI, tmac, kobe, lebron, wade faced. 
who cares if lebron has god-given ability or whatever you may think. jordan doesn't have god-given quickness and athleticism at 6-6? or his god-given big hands? you're going to use that against lebron? 
roll.gif

jordan was the best player in the L regardless of who you used to compare to him back then. kobe was the best player in the L for a 4-5 year stretch regardless of who you compared to him with. they were never one of the best 3pt shooters, but that shouldn't hurt their argument. they were not the best playmakers, but that shouldn't hurt their argument. and so on.

the best player is the player who literally dominates every matchups every game he goes out, whether that player is an average player or a superstar. that player outshines everybody on most nights. lebron is that player right now, as he can do that on BOTH ends. 

mike bibby is giving him the rondo treatment brother. and they only throw the kitchen sink at him when he uses the pick and roll. if he doesn't use that, the heat do NOT double him. what rose is facing isn't any different when you're the single star of a team like AI, tmac, kobe, lebron, wade faced. 
who cares if lebron has god-given ability or whatever you may think. jordan doesn't have god-given quickness and athleticism at 6-6? or his god-given big hands? you're going to use that against lebron? 
roll.gif

jordan was the best player in the L regardless of who you used to compare to him back then. kobe was the best player in the L for a 4-5 year stretch regardless of who you compared to him with. they were never one of the best 3pt shooters, but that shouldn't hurt their argument. they were not the best playmakers, but that shouldn't hurt their argument. and so on.

the best player is the player who literally dominates every matchups every game he goes out, whether that player is an average player or a superstar. that player outshines everybody on most nights. lebron is that player right now, as he can do that on BOTH ends. 

Originally Posted by 40inchBoost

D rose is in his 3rd yr right? lebron in his 8th?

Premature statment by Bucher but could true in a few years

roll.gif
lebron's post game in the top 20 of ALL players in the entire league. Top 20. http://www.nba.com/heat/n...on_post_game_110412.html Yet he has no post game?
laugh.gif

He shot 45% from midrange this year. Rose? 38%

You clearly haven't watched lebron too often this year.

Lebron > Rose and it aint even close. Lebron never shot below 40% in ANY playoff series in his mvp years. Rose has done it twice already.

Originally Posted by 40inchBoost

D rose is in his 3rd yr right? lebron in his 8th?

Premature statment by Bucher but could true in a few years

roll.gif
lebron's post game in the top 20 of ALL players in the entire league. Top 20. http://www.nba.com/heat/n...on_post_game_110412.html Yet he has no post game?
laugh.gif

He shot 45% from midrange this year. Rose? 38%

You clearly haven't watched lebron too often this year.

Lebron > Rose and it aint even close. Lebron never shot below 40% in ANY playoff series in his mvp years. Rose has done it twice already.

laugh.gif
@ mogs sayin bron "SHUT HIM DOWN" ...

but anyway...no way drose is better than bron..hes the best hands down.

laugh.gif
@ mogs sayin bron "SHUT HIM DOWN" ...

but anyway...no way drose is better than bron..hes the best hands down.

Back
Top Bottom