F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Yup, I've seen both Rush and Senna.

I'll check the other ones. Thanks for the recs!

Man, I'd love to make it to a GP some day.

What teams make cool content? I've watched a few of the Mercedes and Red Bull videos on their Youtube channel.

Last edited:
So my observations after finishing the Netflix series.

Verstappen is a bit of a douche.

Red Bull and Renault do not like each other.

I really want Grosjean to succeed, but dude sure whines a lot.

The drivers are insanely young. I'm not sure why it's so crazy, when there are people just as young in other sports. Maybe it's just cause there's a field of 20 in F1.

I hope Leclerc succeeds at Ferrari, seems like a good dude.

The drivers are insanely young. I'm not sure why it's so crazy, when there are people just as young in other sports. Maybe it's just cause there's a field of 20 in F1.

1. VER is super fast and really talented, but can be a bit petulant at times. The problem is that even when he was wrong on the race track, Red Bull would defend him... enabling him. Needs to mature a bit, but dunno if the RBR environment will help.

2. RBR hasn't had the best attitude... when they were winning world championships with Renault engines, everything was fine and all, but once Renault's engine wasn't as good, then they started blaming them... what have you done for me lately?

3. GRO has made SO many mistakes that it's surprising he's still in F1.

4. Yeah, they are. But at the same time, you can be oldish and still succeed in F1. Alonso is in his mid-30's, while Kimi is approaching 40. Wide age range.

5. Some are saying LEC's the real deal. Expecting him to put a lot of pressure on VET this season. More so than, say, BOT on HAM probably. That episode about his dad and Jules was pretty emotional. The kid has gone thru so much already.

Yup, I've seen both Rush and Senna.

I'll check the other ones. Thanks for the recs!

Man, I'd love to make it to a GP some day.

What teams make cool content? I've watched a few of the Mercedes and Red Bull videos on their Youtube channel.
Where do you live at? I lived two hours away from Silverstone in England and never went :smh::smh:, I still regret it, but now im close to Austin so I plan on going in Nov for the USA GP.

Yeah I also find it super interesting that teams supply other teams with engines.

I'm in the Bay Area.

ncmuhmUl.jpg

Is it me or is Vettel starting to look old :lol:

Yes, Verstappen is still a man child but he's very talented and still has a lot of years to mature.
He's even like that on Simulators

I don't like the way Red Bull had treated Renault even though they won 4 championships together.
In the previous formula, Red Bull dominated and Renault's engine mapping was a big help and it was apparently good with fuel so it allowed the car to be lighter.

As soon as this formula with the Hybrid engine began then it all went south.
You're only as good as your last race in F1 sadly.

Grosjean does whine a lot and he has potential but not top team material sadly.

It's a shame the Netflix series doesn't show you the title battle but there's YouTube for that. There's also F1TV but we don't get it in the UK so I don't know how much is on it.

There was a YouTuber called Floz who made good documentaries each season but he got a copyright strike from F1 so he stopped making videos.

Here's the 2017 Silver vs Red - Clash of Champions which someone else re-uploaded.

The 2016 Silver War was removed unfortunately but here's the trailer.

Origins of the Silver war is a 10 part series for the 2014/2015 seasons.

You will get hooked. They even sound like Marvel films :lol:

There is SIlver vs Red - The Revenge for the 2018 season but it was made by someone else so editing is not as good. A shame since it's probably the best season in the hybrid era.

Charles is the real deal. Lets see how he does in the race but he looks calm.

Good to see Mercedes not too far back when party mode came on.

Both Mclarens in the top 10. I don't remember when that happened last but glad to see them both in there.

Glad to see Kubica doing a similar lap time to George. I was thinking he's not cut out for F1 but I hope he's proved me wrong. Car's still to slow to judge.

Gasly been out qualified by a Torro Rosso :smh:
Hulk out in Q1 :smh:

Both Mclarens in the top 10. I don't remember when that happened last but glad to see them both in there.
I hope this isn't a one-off and that they actually have racepace to go with it!

Why can't BOT put up a similar challenge to Lewis like Charles???

Lewis is moving within striking distance of Leclerc with 10 laps left,should be passing very soon.

Leclercs car just keeps losing power as the race goes on smh

*welp just passed

Ferrari are gonna have some soul searching to do after this race

Bottas is gaining quickly as well now,wouldn't be surprised if Max caught up too over these last 6 laps

Can't help but feel for Leclerc man...the car's let him down big time

Shambles down the stretch for them

Yea seems he'll at least get a podium finish with the safety car out for the last lap

Silver lining for Ferrari is that they seemingly have a new no.1...

Hope Melbourne is the last time they ask him to take a backseat for Vettel

Riccardo is cursed though I swear :lol::smh:

Vettel always seems to shoot himself in the foot with mental errors though. I'd feel more comfortable with Leclerc at the moment tbh but yea it won't happen after 2 races :lol:.

Think Sebs title winning form is past him,he's had so many great chances that he's bungled away in recent years

Lewis on the team radio acknowledging Leclercs great race and how fortunate they were that they ran into issues at the end before celebrating was nice to see,he deserved his 1st victory today instead of just his 1st podium.

He'll def be back though

Back
Top Bottom