Final and offical numbers for soundscan. Vol. Eminem 601,863.

Originally Posted by BWS FOOT SOLDIER

It's safe to say no other rap artist will sell more than 601k first week this year.

You really can't compare Lil Wayne numbers to Eminem's..Marshall is in a league of his own, really.
laugh.gif
I dont understand
so that would mean he is supposed to sell more then Wayne right?

and i dont know if they pushing that rock album anymore. i heard he turned it in and the label said "get the hell outta here" and he has to revamp itand its not going to be all rock. Who knows though.

There's alot of Em fans that are sick to their stomachs right now. Best believe they will have tons of excuses as to why Eminem's number are so low orhow they were so wrong regarding his first week sales. Needless to say these next few days will be very entertaining for me
happy.gif

Numbers? Since when has ANYONE cared about that on this board. All that matters is the album is SOLID.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

It's safe to say no other rap artist will sell more than 601k first week this year.
lil wayne rock album?
The rock album ain't coming out no more, label wasn't feeling it. If the rock album did come out it would have done 200K first week. Idon't know anybody that was checking for that. Even tho I think "Tha Carter III" did to his fanbase what "Encore" did to Em'sfanbase. Either way, I bought my copy and the album is SOLID. I'm still amazed by it

Originally Posted by Shady4Life

Numbers? Since when has ANYONE cared about that on this board. All that matters is the album is SOLID.

I certainly don't care, but leading up to this Em stans where running wild all over this board talking about 1-2 million first week US sales. Now it'sjust funny reading the excuses and backtalk. Em already has more money than he could ever need so I'm sure he doesn't care either. At least that'show he comes off when he's rapping.

Originally Posted by CruThik3

It's safe to say Weezy is the best rapper alive.

It's safe to say that you are delusional. Em is 5x the rapper Wayne will ever be... admittedly Em's lyrics are often completely whack, but his rhyming,word play, and flow is unmatched. Is it just me or does nobody else realize that Wayne uses the same words to rhyme over and over and over. Example:"sleeping on a n**** like i''m rapping in my jammies/I'm rapping in my sleep, i was rapping when you were in jammies - "I'm Me"Lil Wayne... flow = terrible... It's annoying really

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

You really can't compare Lil Wayne numbers to Eminem's..Marshall is in a league of his own, really.
laugh.gif
I dont understand
he does. he topped 20+ countries. wayne topped 2.

you must not frequent the music forum a lot.

mabey it was the early leak,?? i dont remeber if c3 was leaked early or not i know some songs were but ya i dont remember

heres why he didnt sell more;

Encore was not a good album, it turned fans off
No super big single (like without me, my name is... etc)
The albums subject matter didn't appeal to older people (i remember parents buying Eminem Show)
Leaked very early
Wayne was everywhere when C3 came out, on almost every remix + mix-tape (eminem didn't put out a mix-tape, or do any features get publicity)
Recession

BUT...interscope is smart, and relapse is a good album

more people will be likely to buy Relapse II after realizing that Relapse I, was not another Encore or Re-up

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

laugh.gif
I dont understand
He's in his own league in the sense that he's sold 100million records worldwide, IDK what wayne sold, but I doubt even 30. Eminem hascountless classics, what does wayne have, the block is hot?

it's just not fair for Eminem to be compared to LIL WAYNE.

the only reason wayne got the "mill first week" accomplishment is for the fact he dropped 26 mixtapes in the same year ramping up to his album, sowhat do you expect? Em had 1 full month of promo after a 4 year hiatus. Apples to oranges...

Originally Posted by jomitm

you must not frequent the music forum a lot.
Actually I do. And this day and age, numbers can't be the judge of anything really

^^^Tell that to BWS We live in America not 20 countries so no need to bring that up. Em not doing mixtapes or features was his choice, knowing that why wouldyou say he was going for a milli. Also BP3is more anticipated than Relapse & A Good +%# Job will rival Eminems #'s Good luck Mr Curtis Jackson!!!

Originally Posted by Dan3429

heres why he didnt sell more;

Encore was not a good album, it turned fans off
No super big single (like without me, my name is... etc)
The albums subject matter didn't appeal to older people (i remember parents buying Eminem Show)
Leaked very early
Wayne was everywhere when C3 came out, on almost every remix + mix-tape (eminem didn't put out a mix-tape, or do any features get publicity)
Recession

BUT...interscope is smart, and relapse is a good album

more people will be likely to buy Relapse II after realizing that Relapse I, was not another Encore or Re-up
Good stuff

Now to wait for Em stans to talk about 1-2 Mill in sales for Relapse 2. Then when that fails they will add both sales#'s together and say "wow he did_____ all in one year!"

smh.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by M16

Now to wait for Em stans to talk about 1-2 Mill in sales for Relapse 2. Then when that fails they will add both sales#'s together and say "wow he did _____ all in one year!"

smh.gif
indifferent.gif
why do you have such hate for the man

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

^^^Tell that to BWS We live in America not 20 countries so no need to bring that up. Em not doing mixtapes or features was his choice, knowing that why would you say he was going for a milli. Also BP3is more anticipated than Relapse & A Good +%# Job will rival Eminems #'s Good luck Mr Curtis Jackson!!!

no its not. to me and you maybe, but theres no way. not with Em's absence, and weak effort of encore.

numbers don't really hold the weight they supposed to these days.... so what if wayne sold better... dude sucks... i showed my support and coppedrelapse and it was worth the money..

Back
Top Bottom