For reasons not related to boxing, why is Mike Tyson loved and Mayweather hated?

Closest to HUBLOT sponsorship I've ever seen was the dudes wearing SASSOON BOXING TRUNKS OF THE 80s

View media item 1518138
All that racism and people wonder why Hagler moved to france after the sugar ray fight

People look outright OFFENDED AT ME WEARING MY CINCO DE FLOYD MAYWEATHER TEE SHIRT... LOLView media item 1518142
I'M ACTING LIKE AN A HOLE Too.. NOT BECAUSE I'M AN A HOLE BUT BECAUSE ALL THESE GREAT WHITE HOPE FANS GAWT SHuT DOWN LAST NIGHT

Last edited:
well, to put it plainly, hes black and successful. they hate when we're up. they make us out to be the villian. They dig up every bit of dirt they can find to damage our character. when we're down, we're beloved. They call us loud and arrogant. They want us to be small. And if we are champions, they want us to reign by their rules. They don't want us to be great because they don't view us as equals to them, much less, superior to them. They hate everything about him, everything he represents. And he just keeps winning.

They hated Mike too until he was washed and broke.

well, to put it plainly, hes black and successful. they hate when we're up. they make us out to be the villian. They dig up every bit of dirt they can find to damage our character. when we're down, we're beloved. They call us loud and arrogant. They want us to be small. And if we are champions, they want us to reign by their rules. They don't want us to be great because they don't view us as equals to them, much less, superior to them. They hate everything about him, everything he represents. And he just keeps winning.

They hated Mike too until he was washed and broke.

You pretty much summed up my initial gif post.

But while they're sitting at home on their Internet Nerds Revenge word to Chamillionaire...Floyd still has that all-important number of "0".

:smokin

View media item 1518152

All three boxers. All three hated by white America in their prime. None of them perfect humans.

People comparing Mayweather and Tyson to Ali
sick.gif
You gotta step up your bait attempts man

They still hate him actually. They just know better than to kick an old dying man, publicly.

Easier to hide on the internet.

Dr. Cashill reminds readers that Clay was an unapologetic sexist and unabashed racist, who called for the lynching of interracial couples and an American apartheid as late as 1975. Using mostly primary sources, the author gives examples of how Clay routinely denigrated black heroes who did not share his point of view, including Joe Louis, Jackie Robinson, Thurgood Marshall, and especially Joe Frazier. And he shows how Clay shamelessly courted some of the most brutal dictators on the planet: Qadaffi, Idi Amin, Papa Doc Duvalier, Nkrumah, Mobutu, and Ferdinand Marcos.

http://www.examiner.com/article/the-truth-about-louisville-s-muhammad-ali

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
I could be wrong but, I just don't remember all the DV stuff being brought up this much or even at all before his last 5 or 6 fights was there a new recent case or something?

Here's my answer. Floyd flaunts his money and there are a lot of people struggling to make ends meet out here. Aside from beating women.

There are plenty of successful Black people that don't flaunt their money and aren't hated. Jordan, Tiger Woods, Barry Sanders, Jerry Rice, Magic Johnson, Shaq. These are all black very successful and not hated.

Tyson is humble now, what's there to hate. He admits that he is a flawed person and is basically trying to be the best person he can be.

Mike said he'll eat your kids.. Butt rape you and eat your ear off..
Yet he has the smarts to not attn hoard. That's why we love him :smokin

I remember people always hating mike tyson. The things he said about lennox lewis and his family solidified everyones' hate for him. People hated him for many years. It wasn't until years after his retirement that people growed to like him. There hasn't been a single heavyweight fighter remotely comparable to tyson since he left, and I think within recent years people are starting to appreciate the great fighter that he really was. At the same time people are starting to take pity for all of his past misfortune. I love Mike Tyson now, as everyone else.

Once Mayweather fully retires, wait a few years, everyone will be singing a different tone. It's happened to all of the bad guys in sports (Dennis Rodman, Barry Bonds, ect.)

Last edited:
He has a better personality...period.

Outside of the ring mike has grown in to a very likable person. He actually is more intelligent than people give him credit for.
Floyd is just ignorant as **** and no one likes ignorance...except other ignorant people

Here's my answer. Floyd flaunts his money and there are a lot of people struggling to make ends meet out here. Aside from beating women.

So what?

Floyd doesn't owe them a penny, how is that his problem??

Crabs in a bucket I swear

There are plenty of successful Black people that don't flaunt their money and aren't hated. Jordan, Tiger Woods, Barry Sanders, Jerry Rice, Magic Johnson, Shaq. These are all black very successful and not hated.

Tyson is humble now, what's there to hate. He admits that he is a flawed person and is basically trying to be the best person he can be.

Yet this man...

View media item 1518225
is treated like a Demi-God.

Yet this man...

View media item 1518225
is treated like a Demi-God.

By who?

Can't compare DB's celebrity to Floyd's...

Back
Top Bottom