For reasons not related to boxing, why is Mike Tyson loved and Mayweather hated?

Why don't white supremacist forgive Floyd like they did Charlie sheen, Marv Alberts, and every other white woman beater

Making Floyd the poster child for it is hilarious. Just some straight hating *** sucker ****.

Want blacks to forgive these cops that's killin us yet they can't forgive Floyd for his actions years ago.

He has also said plenty of racist remarks towards Jeremy Lin and Pacquiao. I can't stand racism, arrogance, and men who lay hands on a female. Respect his work and craft, but I cant respect him as a person.

Most people don't like arrogance. People really don't like when you're arrogant and filthy rich. People really REALLY don't like when you're arrogant, rich, and they can't do a damn thing about it :smokin

Exactly. As soon as the fight ended, everyone of the spectators had to go back to their 9-5. That hurts.

People hated Tyson. He was an addict, an abuser and a killer. White people loved him at first because he was a phenomenon. He took over boxing and the world. Then, the drugs and violence came out BUT he started making hundreds of millions. That's when white people started to hate the guy. They only like him now because he's poor and they find him entertaining and not a threat anymore.

If Floyd was broke and broken right now, he wouldn't be nearly as hated.

Last edited:
People love Mike now because he has been humbled by life, but prime Mike was absolutely hated.

Floyd is still successful and kinda arrogant but definitely a deplorable human being. With that said, you can't deny his business acumen and dedication to his craft.

Easy

Black

Arrogant

Successful

Rich

Those four things in COMBINATION will create a lot of detractors

Ali was hated for the SAME reasons. Remember people, Ali wasn't always loved. White folks HATED him, from what I hear, especially after he "turned his back on good ole USA.:
Ali was arrogant in a good, likeable way. He wasn't arrogant in a "Hey, look how much money I have while you're broke" kind of way, like Mayweather is.

Last edited:
I think it's just that for Mike it's a redemption story. Had a terrible upbringing, He did bad stuff, lost it all but came back through it, asked for forgiveness and is doing right by his kids and seemingly at peace

At this point Floyd just embraces the ******* role but maybe eventually it'll change.

Last edited:
1. Tyson was much more hated than Floyd during his career. Since, he's made a cognitive effort to change his image, and he mellowed out a lot.

2. Floyd will likely do the same once he retires.

No real differences here.

I think black america liked mike though. I don't think most of black america feels any kind of way about floyd. Despite all of mike's wildness I never remember anyone close to me, especially the older folks at the time being like "I hate tyson" they wanted to see him win and knock dudes out. Same can't be said about floyd.

I find it incredible how the domestic violence issue suddenly became a hot topic again. It happened 5 years ago.

I doubt very seriously if the Steelers go to the Super Bowl in February...that you'll see the media pile up on Big Ben about rape.

I find it incredible how the domestic violence issue suddenly became a hot topic again. It happened 5 years ago.

I doubt very seriously if the Steelers go to the Super Bowl in February...that you'll see the media pile up on Big Ben about rape.

The Big Ben rape issue was swept under the rug as soon as it happened.

I ain't never seen multiple rape allegations go so quietly.

1. Tyson was much more hated than Floyd during his career. Since, he's made a cognitive effort to change his image, and he mellowed out a lot.

2. Floyd will likely do the same once he retires.

No real differences here.

Difference is Tyson went broke and needed to take another route, so he became a cartoon character. I hope Floyd continues to make money and doesn't change to the point that he's a chimp on a chain, shucking and jiving for approval once his career is over.

:smh:

DIXIELAND+(3).png

1406716111891.cached.jpg

Last edited:
Mike was a flawed figure when he boxed, and everyone was just amazed how he destroyed opponents, went out and spent money like there was no tomorrow, went to prison, and was still crazy after. But he's mellowed, and he's shown a side most never before. He's more approachable, and understands fame goes as quick as it comes. Floyd's just a jerk. Everything to him is money. There's nothing out of his mouth that doesn't speak of money. That press conference Sunday where he was talking about making $25 million before the fight, no one cares. Half of this country is broke and is terrified going to work and having no job, and he just screwed the American public for $100 per pay per view for a fight that had all the excitement of wet toilet paper, and every word out of his mouth is about money. We get it. You're rich. You buy cars and airplanes like most people buy canned corn and loaves of bread. The domestic violence doesn't bother me so much because it is in the past, and I am sick of the knee-jerk reaction this country has to every instance of it(re: Hope Solo and that bogus case). He may be a technically sound boxer, which is great, but he's also the most boring fighter in the history of the sport. I didn't care so much who won Saturday, I just wanted a good fight. What I got was Mayweather hugging Pacquio anytime they got together, and Mayweather running scared any time he could. I had it scored maybe one or 2 more rounds to Pacquio, he lost, I'm not an idiot saying he won like a bunch of dimwits, and he couldn't connect on a lot of anything. But neither threw many power punches, and overall it was a terrible fight.
Another reason no one likes Mayweather is boxing is a dead sport. This was the last fight. Period. There's no one in the heavy weight division, the welterweight died when Bernard Hopkins beat the pulp out of Felix Trinidad, and everything below that was basically Mayweather, Pacquio, Marquez, and no one. If Mayweather could have one interview, one press conference, anything that didn't involve his collection of cars, feeding his kids, the money he blows at strip clubs, etc., and actually tried to explain boxing, his love for it, any form of passion for it beyond how much he makes off it, maybe people would care. But he's the poster boy for why the sport is dead: greed, ego, wealth, excessive spending, and no concern for his fans of either him or the sport.

I dont think some of yall remember Mike in his prime..

That ***** NEEDED to change for his OWN good.

part of me thinks, a lot of what floyd does in terms of flaunting his wealth has to do with building his image. if he was just another guy, wouldnt he be like klitschko? a great boxer, but kinda boring to the boxing fans (unless you are hardcore and into the sweet science of boxing). smart businessman. floyd is about money and winning and being out there helps accumulate that wealth

as far as mike, dude was on a path of destruction. it was prison or doing something stupid that would harm himself.

Last edited:
I don't like Floyd for being a racist and a wife beater. I don't like Pacquiao for being a typical annoying hypocritical bible thumper. Both of them are scumbags

First off, I'd say at their most hated during their primes Floyd was nothing comparable to Mike. Not really close. I don't hate Floyd but I also don't care for him much either as a personality.

Mike in his prime still had this meek yet ruthless beastly charisma. That voice and the things he said. Dude was captivating. Floyd does seem to come off more unlikeable to ppl and to me that just seems like the typical hate for a black guy on top of his game. Hence, why his past is always brought up to try and shame him. Plus we're in a very different era of how we treat celebs publicly. Floyd also kinds of buys in to it cuz he's enjoying himself so much. He'll play the role cuz he knows in this instance any publicity is good for him. There's nothing wrong with wanting to play the bad guy.

As for why ppl love Mike so much now is cuz dude is so apologetic and humble. The public perception has done a 180 of him because he has done a 180 himself. Throughout we've always seen Mike's pain portrayed in what he does and says. He wears it on his sleeve. He went from telling reporters he'd stomp on their children's testicles to singing at weddings in movies. Not to mention he has the compelling yet cliche rags to riches story followed up by almost hitting rock bottom again and rising like a phoenix by almost reinventing himself. Son is like the new age example of the Foreman grill post boxing. He has on damn cartoon, movies, docs, one man shows, etc.

Who knows if Floyd wants to turn it around on a personal level like that? I mean first he'd probably have to take a few more Ls.

Back
Top Bottom