Frustrated Recent College Grads - CHECK IN

yeah man BS in Biology and no biotech/pharmaceutical even respond back. Even hospitals and clinics too. SMFH at the economy.

yeah man BS in Biology and no biotech/pharmaceutical even respond back. Even hospitals and clinics too. SMFH at the economy.

Originally Posted by Numberr97

You keep it going man, you keep those books rolling,
You pick up those books your going to read
And not remember and you roll man.
You get that a sociate degree, okay,
Then you get your bachelors, then you get your masters
Then you get your master's masters,
Then you get your doctron,
You go man, then when everybody says quit
You show them those degree man, when
Everybody says hey, your not working,
Your not making in money,
You say look at my degrees and you look at my life,
Yeah i'm 52, so what, hate all you want,
But i'm smart, i'm so smart, and i'm in school,
And these guys are out here making
Money all these ways, and i'm spended mine to be smart.
You know why?
Because when i die, buddy, you know
What going to keep me warm, that right, those degrees

the entire skit, though?

grin.gif

Originally Posted by Numberr97

You keep it going man, you keep those books rolling,
You pick up those books your going to read
And not remember and you roll man.
You get that a sociate degree, okay,
Then you get your bachelors, then you get your masters
Then you get your master's masters,
Then you get your doctron,
You go man, then when everybody says quit
You show them those degree man, when
Everybody says hey, your not working,
Your not making in money,
You say look at my degrees and you look at my life,
Yeah i'm 52, so what, hate all you want,
But i'm smart, i'm so smart, and i'm in school,
And these guys are out here making
Money all these ways, and i'm spended mine to be smart.
You know why?
Because when i die, buddy, you know
What going to keep me warm, that right, those degrees

the entire skit, though?

grin.gif

Not a recent grad but I graduated in 2008. I thought I'd find something straight out too.
30t6p3b.gif
But after a few months a got desperate and took a meaningless I hate. Now working two jobs. It's gonna be rough. Real rough. Companies and seemingly the world hates college grads. Just get looking is the only advice I can give. I know it ain't much, but what of options to you have?

Also don't be afraid to a job outside your major. That was one of biggest mistakes I made two years ago.

Not a recent grad but I graduated in 2008. I thought I'd find something straight out too.
30t6p3b.gif
But after a few months a got desperate and took a meaningless I hate. Now working two jobs. It's gonna be rough. Real rough. Companies and seemingly the world hates college grads. Just get looking is the only advice I can give. I know it ain't much, but what of options to you have?

Also don't be afraid to a job outside your major. That was one of biggest mistakes I made two years ago.

Graduated last year with a B.S.

Went through temp jobs and collections

Finally found a job last month that pays well but isnt in my field 
ohwell.gif
but in this economy ill take it

Graduated last year with a B.S.

Went through temp jobs and collections

Finally found a job last month that pays well but isnt in my field 
ohwell.gif
but in this economy ill take it

Don't worry about your %$#@%@# degree. %!+$% literally a piece of paper.
It's all about who you know. Especially during these times. Don't be ashamed to ask folks in everyday settings whether they know of openings.

Don't worry about your %$#@%@# degree. %!+$% literally a piece of paper.
It's all about who you know. Especially during these times. Don't be ashamed to ask folks in everyday settings whether they know of openings.

I feel everything OP says, except the errand boy part. I am currently at an unpaid internship on Capital Hill and what really surprised me the most was that most of the other interns are similar to my position (some a few years older).

I guess the good thing is that this situation allows me to try to do something I've always wanted to try, which is try to become a Naval officer. If that doesn't work out, I can take my three years of work experience (2 years of a law firm, and a summer internship at a think tank) and degree and try the market again. I'm just starting to run out of money though so I'm going to have to get some sort of BS job for some extra cash though.

I feel everything OP says, except the errand boy part. I am currently at an unpaid internship on Capital Hill and what really surprised me the most was that most of the other interns are similar to my position (some a few years older).

I guess the good thing is that this situation allows me to try to do something I've always wanted to try, which is try to become a Naval officer. If that doesn't work out, I can take my three years of work experience (2 years of a law firm, and a summer internship at a think tank) and degree and try the market again. I'm just starting to run out of money though so I'm going to have to get some sort of BS job for some extra cash though.

Currently, I am working but I am trying to find a better paying job. Solely because if I don't then these loans won't go away. And, I can't get started on investing my business ideas that I want to put out there.

So good luck OP, it took me nearly a year before I found my current position. Keep on grinding and don't lose hope.

Currently, I am working but I am trying to find a better paying job. Solely because if I don't then these loans won't go away. And, I can't get started on investing my business ideas that I want to put out there.

So good luck OP, it took me nearly a year before I found my current position. Keep on grinding and don't lose hope.

Money87 wrote:
i have been waiting for this thread... I graduated in May and CANNOT find a job. I applied to sooo many places and cant find anything. I had a job as a financial services rep (sales) but quit now i cant fnd nethin. I have No money no job no girl my life sucks. I cant take getting turnd down by one more job

That's your problem. You're waiting on negative things in your life, and that's what comes to you. Congrats. You get what you have indirectly been asking for.

Money87 wrote:
i have been waiting for this thread... I graduated in May and CANNOT find a job. I applied to sooo many places and cant find anything. I had a job as a financial services rep (sales) but quit now i cant fnd nethin. I have No money no job no girl my life sucks. I cant take getting turnd down by one more job

That's your problem. You're waiting on negative things in your life, and that's what comes to you. Congrats. You get what you have indirectly been asking for.

Originally Posted by PoloLax

It's rough. Real rough.

No matter what people are saying about the economy rebounding, it's all lies.

To all of you saying get on your grind and it's not has hard as it seems or all my friends have jobs, etc. Please consider yourselves lucky and don't try and discourage others.

I have been grinding for a year now. Internships, volunteer opportunitites, networking up to my ears, resumes after resumes, working dead end jobs, etc. Everything you can possibly do. I've done and more. And to be honest I live in area that hasn't felt the recession as bad as other parts of the country, so I can only imagine.

I'm back in school but I feel this is a waste too. I just don't know what else to do.

Job opportunities lag behind the state of the economy. The economy may be rebounding, but the new jobs probably won't come around for a while.

Back
Top Bottom