Giving money to the homeless..Yes or No?

Originally Posted by Theta

Originally Posted by Dynamics82

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

No, never. Its giving them even further disincentive to work. 90% of them are just lazy dudes that need to get their shti together. I work like 3 jobs, 60+hours a week and these dudes just sit around begging people for change.

the worst is when i see a guy like my age. some dude thats like 21-23 asking me for money.

also, i understand that a lot of them are mentally unstable, but that doesnt mean i should give them money. that means they should be institutionalized if they dont have anybody to care for them and stop bothering hardworking people.

yes.im mad.
That's a really awesome attitude! You seem like such a caring person.
lol yeah u r making alot of assumption u probably never talk to a homeless person before
I'm not a caring person because I choose to give my money to people in 3rd world countries that actually need it instead of some bum that wants to stand around all day and have people give things to him?

and what assumptions am i making that are wrong? let me know, im all ears.
90% r just lazy is a crazy statement 
i met people who were homeless at one time

and they were hard working people that just caught bad times

I used to but now I will only give money to the ones at a gas station that wanna wash windshields.

No, never. Its giving them even further disincentive to work. 90% of them are just lazy dudes that need to get their shti together. I work like 3 jobs, 60+hours a week and these dudes just sit around begging people for change.

the worst is when i see a guy like my age. some dude thats like 21-23 asking me for money.

also, i understand that a lot of them are mentally unstable, but that doesnt mean i should give them money. that means they should be institutionalized if they dont have anybody to care for them and stop bothering hardworking people.

yes.im mad.
lol yeah u r making alot of assumption u probably never talk to a homeless person before
I'm not a caring person because I choose to give my money to people in 3rd world countries that actually need it instead of some bum that wants to stand around all day and have people give things to him?

I used to but now I will only give money to the ones at a gas station that wanna wash windshields.

what i do is beat into a dollar bill and let it dry. i then save it until it see a homeless person and watch them grab it in their hand like its gold
laugh.gif
devil.gif

what i do is beat into a dollar bill and let it dry. i then save it until it see a homeless person and watch them grab it in their hand like its gold
laugh.gif
devil.gif

yes.im mad.

lol no were not talking about hittin some rough patches. were talking about the guys that are there all day every day. same spot same time. like the regular bums. the ones that are hard working people wont be homeless for long and should get back on their feet in no time.

plus there are homeless shelters. i dont understand why they dont just go there? oh right, i do. its because they dont give out heroine and booze at the shelters. these people could EASILY get a free meal and a place to stay. why do they stand around and try to get money from an outside source then?

yes.im mad.

lol no were not talking about hittin some rough patches. were talking about the guys that are there all day every day. same spot same time. like the regular bums. the ones that are hard working people wont be homeless for long and should get back on their feet in no time.

plus there are homeless shelters. i dont understand why they dont just go there? oh right, i do. its because they dont give out heroine and booze at the shelters. these people could EASILY get a free meal and a place to stay. why do they stand around and try to get money from an outside source then?

no, it all goes towards drugs and alcohol.

not 80% not 90% but 100% goes towards drugs and alcohol.

Homeless people get free food, showers, and places to sleep from churches and homeless shelters, the ones who are out on the street asking for change are the drug users who have been banned from these institutions for stealing, fighting, drug abuse, etc.

no, it all goes towards drugs and alcohol.

not 80% not 90% but 100% goes towards drugs and alcohol.

Homeless people get free food, showers, and places to sleep from churches and homeless shelters, the ones who are out on the street asking for change are the drug users who have been banned from these institutions for stealing, fighting, drug abuse, etc.

I used to always give them money, but after living in the city I learned to never give them money.
But I instead I give them food/drinks.

Some of them have no manners, they attempt to grab you and/or walk in your way blocking your path.
This one homeless person even asked me if I knew English...
smh.gif

I used to always give them money, but after living in the city I learned to never give them money.
But I instead I give them food/drinks.

Some of them have no manners, they attempt to grab you and/or walk in your way blocking your path.
This one homeless person even asked me if I knew English...
smh.gif

the ones that are hard working people wont be homeless for long and should get back on their feet in no time.
plus there are homeless shelters. i dont understand why they dont just go there?
these people could EASILY get a free meal and a place to stay.
roll.gif
roll.gif

You make it sound so easy, you ignorant boy. You think you're a wit, and you're probably half right

the ones that are hard working people wont be homeless for long and should get back on their feet in no time.
plus there are homeless shelters. i dont understand why they dont just go there?
these people could EASILY get a free meal and a place to stay.
roll.gif
roll.gif

You make it sound so easy, you ignorant boy. You think you're a wit, and you're probably half right

I use to, but not anymore. We're just making it worse giving them money. I mean most of them could have jobs, but their just to lazy. They should all get a job and work for their money, not just sit around and ask for it.

After living in a big city I learned from my mistakes, once I gave some bum a soup and a drink and he just threw it because he wanted money instead
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Can't you get a fine now for giving them money?
nerd.gif

I use to, but not anymore. We're just making it worse giving them money. I mean most of them could have jobs, but their just to lazy. They should all get a job and work for their money, not just sit around and ask for it.

After living in a big city I learned from my mistakes, once I gave some bum a soup and a drink and he just threw it because he wanted money instead
laugh.gif
smh.gif

nerd.gif

I used to, but never again.

I was walking through the mall with one of my friends and got approached by some girl who looked desperate. She asked us to sit down and asked us if we were ready for her story. All I thought was "oh great, one of these people" and was ready to leave, but my friend was like, "No, let's listen. What's wrong?" The lady then says that she has her car out front and has a tow truck on the way to pick it up because the breaks went out and she needed money to pay for it. she needed $17, and pulled out a huge wad of cash to "show" she had money to pay for it. So, I said all I had was credit cards on me and my friend said the same, but the lady said "Oh, there's an ATM over there!" So my friend said OK, we went over. I looked at the ATM and said "not my bank sorry" but my friend said "Oh, I bank with them" and pulled $20 out of the bank and gave it to her. We left and started walking in the mall and then see the girl again asking someone else for money using the same exact story with the same exact wad of cash but with my friend's $20 on top. We confronted her and asked for the money back and she said she didn't have it anymore after she clearly flashed it infront of us. The whole time I knew she was playing us, but my friend said "No, I believe her, I feel really good giving her money." He quickly switched to "Give me my money back you %+*!+%@ +!*#$" to "Enjoy your heroin, +!*#$."

Now, I know that isn't the same as homeless, but it all goes to drugs. +!++ that.

Never trust anyone to do good with your hard earned money except yourself.

I used to, but never again.

I was walking through the mall with one of my friends and got approached by some girl who looked desperate. She asked us to sit down and asked us if we were ready for her story. All I thought was "oh great, one of these people" and was ready to leave, but my friend was like, "No, let's listen. What's wrong?" The lady then says that she has her car out front and has a tow truck on the way to pick it up because the breaks went out and she needed money to pay for it. she needed $17, and pulled out a huge wad of cash to "show" she had money to pay for it. So, I said all I had was credit cards on me and my friend said the same, but the lady said "Oh, there's an ATM over there!" So my friend said OK, we went over. I looked at the ATM and said "not my bank sorry" but my friend said "Oh, I bank with them" and pulled $20 out of the bank and gave it to her. We left and started walking in the mall and then see the girl again asking someone else for money using the same exact story with the same exact wad of cash but with my friend's $20 on top. We confronted her and asked for the money back and she said she didn't have it anymore after she clearly flashed it infront of us. The whole time I knew she was playing us, but my friend said "No, I believe her, I feel really good giving her money." He quickly switched to "Give me my money back you %+*!+%@ +!*#$" to "Enjoy your heroin, +!*#$."

Now, I know that isn't the same as homeless, but it all goes to drugs. +!++ that.

Never trust anyone to do good with your hard earned money except yourself.

Originally Posted by JD214

laugh.gif
smh.gif

nerd.gif

So a homeless person can get a job THAT easily?  explain..If its tough enough for a regular person with a home to get a job why would it be even CLOSE to being easy for a homeless person to get one?..

Back
Top Bottom