Giving money to the homeless..Yes or No?

Originally Posted by JD214

I use to, but not anymore. We're just making it worse giving them money. I mean most of them could have jobs, but their just to lazy. They should all get a job and work for their money, not just sit around and ask for it.

After living in a big city I learned from my mistakes, once I gave some bum a soup and a drink and he just threw it because he wanted money instead
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Can't you get a fine now for giving them money?
nerd.gif

So a homeless person can get a job THAT easily?  explain..If its tough enough for a regular person with a home to get a job why would it be even CLOSE to being easy for a homeless person to get one?..

Originally Posted by Though

I use to, but not anymore. We're just making it worse giving them money. I mean most of them could have jobs, but their just to lazy. They should all get a job and work for their money, not just sit around and ask for it.

After living in a big city I learned from my mistakes, once I gave some bum a soup and a drink and he just threw it because he wanted money instead
laugh.gif
smh.gif

nerd.gif

So a homeless person can get a job THAT easily?  explain..If its tough enough for a regular person with a home to get a job why would it be even CLOSE to being easy for a homeless person to get one?..

pretty much, on these job applications that these, "lazy people" are to lazy to fill out, they ask for an address and number for them to contact you at.  what's harry the hobo supposed to put?  4311 west corner behind the 110 freeway on slauson ave

laugh.gif
smh.gif

nerd.gif

pretty much, on these job applications that these, "lazy people" are to lazy to fill out, they ask for an address and number for them to contact you at.  what's harry the hobo supposed to put?  4311 west corner behind the 110 freeway on slauson ave

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

laugh.gif
smh.gif

nerd.gif

exactly plus its not as easy for them to get new clothes, showers, hair cut etc. they definitely have a disadvantage

laugh.gif
smh.gif

nerd.gif

exactly plus its not as easy for them to get new clothes, showers, hair cut etc. they definitely have a disadvantage

the ones that are hard working people wont be homeless for long and should get back on their feet in no time.
plus there are homeless shelters. i dont understand why they dont just go there?
these people could EASILY get a free meal and a place to stay.
roll.gif
roll.gif

You make it sound so easy, you ignorant boy. You think you're a wit, and you're probably half right

serio

the ones that are hard working people wont be homeless for long and should get back on their feet in no time.
plus there are homeless shelters. i dont understand why they dont just go there?
these people could EASILY get a free meal and a place to stay.
roll.gif
roll.gif

You make it sound so easy, you ignorant boy. You think you're a wit, and you're probably half right

serio

laugh.gif
smh.gif

nerd.gif

Just watched a report during the week, they can put a homeless shelters address or a parks address to vote and get a job. When I lived in Dallas a knew a homeless guy that I use to give money to whenever I saw him, helped dude out. Last time I saw him about two years ago dude didn't do drugs, drank a beer or two, had a job. He said it was hard but anyone can do it, if they tried hard enough.

laugh.gif
smh.gif

nerd.gif

Just watched a report during the week, they can put a homeless shelters address or a parks address to vote and get a job. When I lived in Dallas a knew a homeless guy that I use to give money to whenever I saw him, helped dude out. Last time I saw him about two years ago dude didn't do drugs, drank a beer or two, had a job. He said it was hard but anyone can do it, if they tried hard enough.

No, but I'll sometimes give them a sandwich or something if I'm coming out of McD's or a coffee shop.

No, but I'll sometimes give them a sandwich or something if I'm coming out of McD's or a coffee shop.

Originally Posted by hod

I agree that they are at a disadvantage, but it is their laziness/mistakes that got them there.
And I think it's understandable, especially in these economic times, when hard working people don't want to just give out their earned money.
They shouldn't be dependent on us, they've dug this hole and they need to work hard to get themselves out of it.
Nothing in life is easy and anything is possible, all we have to do is try.

Originally Posted by hod

I agree that they are at a disadvantage, but it is their laziness/mistakes that got them there.
And I think it's understandable, especially in these economic times, when hard working people don't want to just give out their earned money.
They shouldn't be dependent on us, they've dug this hole and they need to work hard to get themselves out of it.
Nothing in life is easy and anything is possible, all we have to do is try.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
hod wrote:

JD214 wrote:
roll.gif

laugh.gif
smh.gif

nerd.gif

imagine it was an annual sale at Hollister or Abercrombie with you, a couple friends, and a buncha %@@$@+$$#%* all over the place going crazy over cargo shorts and then all of a sudden two homeless dudes walk in bummy as hell walk creepingly talking loudly ARE YOU GUYS HIRING

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
hod wrote:

JD214 wrote:
roll.gif

laugh.gif
smh.gif

nerd.gif

imagine it was an annual sale at Hollister or Abercrombie with you, a couple friends, and a buncha %@@$@+$$#%* all over the place going crazy over cargo shorts and then all of a sudden two homeless dudes walk in bummy as hell walk creepingly talking loudly ARE YOU GUYS HIRING

I have done it before, but don't think I will anymore because I know most of them just use it on drugs.

I have done it before, but don't think I will anymore because I know most of them just use it on drugs.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

nope.... my family came from cambodia/laos/thailand (camps) didnt speak english, had no money, nothing but a dream.... they busted their @#$ to get where they are at now with a nice house and cars... it took them hard work and dedication, while some people that have the privilege of being born in the us, just decide to be lazy...

im sorry, your logic is flawed. Some people have really difficult situations. Veterans, natural disasters, the insane. Even though they can go back to school and get a degree, but how with no money?

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

nope.... my family came from cambodia/laos/thailand (camps) didnt speak english, had no money, nothing but a dream.... they busted their @#$ to get where they are at now with a nice house and cars... it took them hard work and dedication, while some people that have the privilege of being born in the us, just decide to be lazy...

im sorry, your logic is flawed. Some people have really difficult situations. Veterans, natural disasters, the insane. Even though they can go back to school and get a degree, but how with no money?

Originally Posted by damnitzvin

so they can go buy themselves a bottle of 40oz? no thanks

Yep.That's why if they ask ill buy a burger or two for em if i got someextra cash. Makes me feel better than thinking the money went towardcigs or booze

Nope never again. bought this drunk bum a Gatorade the other night cause dude was hassling me for a dollar. and everyday after that dude still asks me for a dollar. now my car and acouple other cars were broken into. and I'm hearing it was the these same drunk bums.

Originally Posted by damnitzvin

so they can go buy themselves a bottle of 40oz? no thanks

Yep.That's why if they ask ill buy a burger or two for em if i got someextra cash. Makes me feel better than thinking the money went towardcigs or booze

Nope never again. bought this drunk bum a Gatorade the other night cause dude was hassling me for a dollar. and everyday after that dude still asks me for a dollar. now my car and acouple other cars were broken into. and I'm hearing it was the these same drunk bums.

Back
Top Bottom