HBO'S "Insecure" [ Created by Issa Rae ► Season III: 2020 ]

Nathan has something going in...maybe checked himself in somewhere. Dude literally looked like he was about to cry.

I am proud of Issa. Someone siad it via twitter...last season she was crashing on couches this season she has her own. Hopefully Molly took what issa said to heart and actually changes.

I didn't like how they hooked Lawernce and the divorced chick up. They didn't show any of their engagement at the shower so It was almost out of nowhere. Also, I felt like L was on his way back to get with Issa but something she said at the movie had him like..."aw hell nah"

Chad so hypocritical.
The writers stay doing things that make it seem like L is going back to Issa then swerve us for no reason. If I hadn't remember Derek saying he wanted L to meet someone, I would have been like "HOW THEY SET THIS UP?!"

This convo!!!
C15B9723-21B1-4B64-9619-8FAFC4BDBA1A.jpeg

Issa was quick to give up on her block party idea for getting no’s, at least Lawrence put in 5 to get his app developed.

Can’t wait to see the dynamic of this love triangle between Issa, Lawrence and Ashley(?).

Molly is self destructive. Issa was right, she does assume the worst in people. That Tyrone ***** was a ***** though.

Man, just watched the finale. Awesome stuff...

-Mac Miller :pimp: :frown:

-I always thought the Nathan character was a bit bland, but the dude who plays him REALLY came thru with the emotion in the scene w/ Issa. Mental illness is no joke. He's got to be in S4, right?

-Asian dude looked like Jesus w/ his hair down.

-Never thought I'd see the day that Molly was humbled enough to apologize. Issa was 100000% right in calling her out on her BS. She manages to sabotage relationships in both her personal and professional life due to the chip on her shoulder the size of a VW beetle.

-Chad steals every scene. He's amazing in spurts. Give him like :30 each episode. That's all.

-Lawrence...man. There HAVE to be more women in LA :lol: How u gonna start dating a woman working directly w/ your ex? hahahahaha

Wait the finale already came on? :lol:

I feel like I just started watching and then I stopped caring

Lawrence also had the comfort of Issa working and paying all the bills and such, Issa didn't have that type of support system.

False.

You can say Issa supported him emotionally but certainly not financially. Let’s not forget they made it very clear that Lawrence had a savings account that he used to pay his bills. On top of the unemployment he was collecing.

Instead of going around sucking ****, Issa should’ve been asking Lawrence for some saving tips.

False.

You can say Issa supported him emotionally but certainly not financially. Let’s not forget they made it very clear that Lawrence had a savings account that he used to pay his bills. On top of the unemployment he was collecing.

Instead of going around sucking ****, Issa should’ve been asking Lawrence for some saving tips.

:lol: true story

At the finale I noticed a supreme contrast between Nathan and Lawrence:

Lawrence, currently, is stability. He's someone that seems add a level of comfort to her life. Familiarity. He's consistent. And he's had some real growth, which I'm sure she's noticed. However, he doesn't push her to be her better self. We've seen it twice now, highlighted again at the Last Dragon premiere where she let him know she's given up on the block party idea. He doesn't provide her with those introspective questions or encouragement that push you to that upper level where your mind, body and soul become one.

Nathan, on the other hand, is a person that pushes and encourages her in a way no one else does. No judgement, just faith in her ability to do it. Whatever it may be. That could be game, but it's provided her with the confidence to leave her trash job, step out on her own, and chase what she's truly passionate about. It's exactly what she's craving and what's got her so stuck on homie. BUT on the other hand, he's a depressed soul. This will almost certainly provide her with exactly what Lawrence was in S1. The lows will have her questioning every bit of that relationship, especially if she's there to witness it just as she did with Lawrence.

There's also still a large bit of mystery with Nathan. Maybe it's been fleshed out off screen and just is not a point the writing staff want us to focus on as it may not have anything to do with the story arc / overall point they are trying to convey.

At the finale I noticed a supreme contrast between Nathan and Lawrence:

Lawrence, currently, is stability. He's someone that seems add a level of comfort to her life. Familiarity. He's consistent. And he's had some real growth, which I'm sure she's noticed. However, he doesn't push her to be her better self. We've seen it twice now, highlighted again at the Last Dragon premiere where she let him know she's given up on the block party idea. He doesn't provide her with those introspective questions or encouragement that push you to that upper level where your mind, body and soul become one.

Nathan, on the other hand, is a person that pushes and encourages her in a way no one else does. No judgement, just faith in her ability to do it. Whatever it may be. That could be game, but it's provided her with the confidence to leave her trash job, step out on her own, and chase what she's truly passionate about. It's exactly what she's craving and what's got her so stuck on homie. BUT on the other hand, he's a depressed soul. This will almost certainly provide her with exactly what Lawrence was in S1. The lows will have her questioning every bit of that relationship, especially if she's there to witness it just as she did with Lawrence.

There's also still a large bit of mystery with Nathan. Maybe it's been fleshed out off screen and just is not a point the writing staff want us to focus on as it may not have anything to do with the story arc / overall point they are trying to convey.

I disagree with the Lawrence point. Every time she's mentioned that block party, he gives her a look waiting for her to ask him for help. He wants to help her, he's just waiting for her to admit she needs help. Plus, it's been a minute, he's looking for a time to jump in and offer help. As far as Nathan....he's bipolar. He's more trouble than he's worth to her at this point.

I disagree with the Lawrence point. Every time she's mentioned that block party, he gives her a look waiting for her to ask him for help. He wants to help her, he's just waiting for her to admit she needs help. Plus, it's been a minute, he's looking for a time to jump in and offer help. As far as Nathan....he's bipolar. He's more trouble than he's worth to her at this point.
Encouraging someone that they can do something and waiting for them to ask you for help are two wildly different things I don't even get how you can bring that up as an option. Put it on her to ask for help instead of him offering it.

If Issa wanted help she would've been asked Molly or Kelli. She didn't. She specifically keeps referring to the block party as her thing. Its something she wants to do. She's not looking for ppl to help her that way. It was her idea not motivated by anything other than her wanting to do something for her community since she's on that give back tip. Even when she met shorty that accomplished her movie night successfully she didn't run to her and ask for help or try to pull her in to do it. It just re-inspired her to get back on it.

Lawrence was waiting for her to ask for help :rofl: C'mon now

I didn't like how they hooked Lawernce and the divorced chick up. They didn't show any of their engagement at the shower so It was almost out of nowhere. Also, I felt like L was on his way back to get with Issa but something she said at the movie had him like..."aw hell nah"

So my people in LA are always saying LA is big but yet so damn small...finale touched on that a lot especially at the movies. So they could’ve very well might not of met at the shower.

I got that too with Issa and Lawerence at the movies. When she got to talking bout giving up, he zoned out immediately.

So my people in LA are always saying LA is big but yet so damn small...finale touched on that a lot especially at the movies. So they could’ve very well might not of met at the shower.

I got that too with Issa and Lawerence at the movies. When she got to talking bout giving up, he zoned out immediately.

She told him she thought she scared him away when she told him she was divorced at the shower. The only on screen interaction at the shower was the chemistry between L and Issa actually.

I think you folks are interpreting the Lawrence & Issa black party interactions different than I am. Lawrence actually did help Issa out because he got her into that seminar that helped her make an qctual proposal.

Every time they’ve talked about how hard of a time Issa was having getting things off the ground, I feel like Lawrence was biting his tongue and refraining from pointing out that she finally understands the struggle he was going through with Woot Woot. Every struggle Issa described was what Lawrence shared with her but she dismissed for inactivity and laziness. It’s almost comical how Issa hasn’t made the connection yet.

On top of that as soon as it got tough, she immediately quit. To dig a little deeper, I think that final conversation where she told Lawrence she quit was what pushed him to go give that divorce chick a call and a second chance. Lawrence sees the irony in the situation and Issa’s inability to kind of pushed him back away.

I think you folks are interpreting the Lawrence & Issa black party interactions different than I am. Lawrence actually did help Issa out because he got her into that seminar that helped her make an qctual proposal.

Every time they’ve talked about how hard of a time Issa was having getting things off the ground, I feel like Lawrence was biting his tongue and refraining from pointing out that she finally understands the struggle he was going through with Woot Woot. Every struggle Issa described was what Lawrence shared with her but she dismissed for inactivity and laziness. It’s almost comical how Issa hasn’t made the connection yet.

On top of that as soon as it got tough, she immediately quit. To dig a little deeper, I think that final conversation where she told Lawrence she quit was what pushed him to go give that divorce chick a call and a second chance. Lawrence sees the irony in the situation and Issa’s inability to kind of pushed him back away.

I can definitely see that side of things being why he gave the divorced chick a 2nd go versus engaging Issa more after their reconnection.

However, I'm trying not to do TOO much reading and going on the face value of things. And we've been shown is that Lawrence and Issa have had two conversations where she really opens up to him on some issues she's having (Block Party / And life being tough after the breakup, sleeping on couches) and he zoned out both times. He didn't give her anything to enrich her whatsoever. Just "I get that". It legit the exact opposite of what Nathan has been doing.

Issa is 100% a quitter tho. Things seem to get tough and she just lets go. Hell she got 2 'No's and her pitch to the rest of the venders suffered and was completely lethargic. Why would they jump on board if you don't even have the enthusiasm and energy needed to pitch the idea to them???
She quit on Lawrence (sorta), her job, & the block party. I feel like I'm missing one other key event she quit on....

I can definitely see that side of things being why he gave the divorced chick a 2nd go versus engaging Issa more after their reconnection.

However, I'm trying not to do TOO much reading and going on the face value of things. And we've been shown is that Lawrence and Issa have had two conversations where she really opens up to him on some issues she's having (Block Party / And life being tough after the breakup, sleeping on couches) and he zoned out both times. He didn't give her anything to enrich her whatsoever. Just "I get that". It legit the exact opposite of what Nathan has been doing.

Issa is 100% a quitter tho. Things seem to get tough and she just lets go. Hell she got 2 'No's and her pitch to the rest of the venders suffered and was completely lethargic. Why would they jump on board if you don't even have the enthusiasm and energy needed to pitch the idea to them???
She quit on Lawrence (sorta), her job, & the block party. I feel like I'm missing one other key event she quit on....

Agree with this all.

Kinda funny/ironic the situation she's gonna be in next season in with that triangle. Needing help from divorced girl whos established with roc nation who happens to be interested in Lawrence and he just had a heart to heart with his father. Issa a quitter so she wont run from the help either :lol:

Spicy.

nathan acted his a** off in that meetup scene

Man, u ain't lying....one of the best scenes of the entire series. I honestly had no clue the dude who played Nathan could pull that off. His character, up until that point, wasn't doing anything memorable. There is no way the Nathan/Issa angle is left alone in S4.

Back
Top Bottom