He Has Millions and a New Job at Yahoo. Soon, He’ll Be 18.

man, its all about programming and writing code, i gotta teach my kid that, shes only 2 years old

That's awesome. I like little morsels of inspiration like this. 15 years old, all I cared about was girls, basketball and sneakers. Fast forward 10 years...well what can I say, I like what I like :smokin

So the app is closing down and it is expected that the users will jump to Yahoo? Or that Yahoo just does its own thing with it? Are they paying for the user base or the code?

News has already gotten pretty stupid with twitter and its character limit. So why not shorten stories. lol

Great to see that even though he has success, he's still pursuing his dreams and continuing to achieve more and learn more...
smokin.gif

Hats off to the kid...

Great to see that even though he has success, he's still pursuing his dreams and continuing to achieve more and learn more... :smokin

Hats off to the kid...
this, kinda makes me feel like i went down the career path

back in the 6th grade one of my friends got into programming and crap, it wasnt fun to me and although we are still good friends to this day, i always feel like if i knew what he knew i couldve turned it into millions

Let that boy cook :pimp:

I met that dude Brian Wong (the 21 year old founder of kiip) for a business meeting. It was awkward seeing a dude more than twice his age report to him haha. He reminded me of McLovin' for some reason too. :lol:

smart kid, he can live off the interest for the rest of his life if he wanted to

Last edited:
Damn, catering to the ever increasing demographic of today's lazy human seems to be striking gold for everyone.

I'm gonna make an app that condenses news articles into 4 pictures that'll basically tell the story. Save us all from all that arduous reading. :lol:

I wish i was that smart lol. Don't steal my idea. :rofl:

Damn, catering to the ever increasing demographic of today's lazy human seems to be striking gold for everyone.

I'm gonna make an app that condenses news articles into 4 pictures that'll basically tell the story. Save us all from all that arduous reading. :lol:

I wish i was that smart lol. Don't steal my idea. :rofl:

welp, someone actually did steal your idea (sort of stole it)

View media item 334004 it's game called four pics one word. it's four pics that all have one thing in common and you have to guess what it is.

Great for the kid but an app that shortens articles for mobile readers.... As if we needed people to read or take in less information ?
You and a couple of posters just don't get it. It's called adapting. The world is smaller and the days are shorter. Ain't nobody got time to read a essay that can be summed up into a couple paragraphs if able too. Give me clean facts and get straight to the point so I can move on to other things.

his family HAS to be connected if he had a Chinese billionaire invest in his idea long before they even named it.

not that impressed.

its the new world we live in.

if you aint getting paid, you dont deserve to.

Love stories like this. Its funny how people think money is so scarce, meanwhile there is opportunity everywhere, you just need to apply yourself and get it.

Money is not the most important thing in life, time is..

People think money is scarce yet there is trillions floating around in the world, but you only get a limited amount of time on this earth. Do something with it

time is scarce, money is abundant

Great to see that even though he has success, he's still pursuing his dreams and continuing to achieve more and learn more... :smokin

Hats off to the kid...
this, kinda makes me feel like i went down the career path

back in the 6th grade one of my friends got into programming and crap, it wasnt fun to me and although we are still good friends to this day, i always feel like if i knew what he knew i couldve turned it into millions

You're not alone.

A friend of mine in 9th grade handing me a C+ programming book. I looked at it like >D
12+ years later, dude sends me a picture of him skiing in Aspen after his company was acquired.

It is what it is man. You just gotta keep pushing your agenda....

his family HAS to be connected if he had a Chinese billionaire invest in his idea long before they even named it.

not that impressed.
its the new world we live in.

if you aint getting paid, you dont deserve to.

Do you even read, bro?

It said he was mentioned in TechCrunch. That's how he got noticed.

Looks like you could use Summly yourself.

Last edited:
The NT TL:DR crowd should be kicking themselves for not coming up with this (article summarizer) sooner. :lol:

Creating > Consuming

man I wish I knew algorithms... I swear creating apps is the new wave :smh:

and like we learned from them twins tryna pay somebody to bring your ideas to life ain't gonna cut it :lol:

Back
Top Bottom