Healthcare.gov Unappreciation Thread, Vol. Thanks Obama!

Like I said previously, it's going to be interesting when providers stop taking insurance as a form of payment, just how many have already stopped taking Medicare/Medicaid. Taking insurance as a form of payment is going to end up as like the latter in not being feasible to maintain a business with the amount of people, time, and energy that goes into the administrative side of running a practice.
So the insurance companies are just going to go away? 

Medical care will become a cash only business?

Last time I checked Forbes was a reputable news source. That is why I trust their information. Now had I posted an article written by John Doe for his blog then I might see where you're coming from. But it's not. It's from Forbes.
anything that threatens or criticizes their king obama is automatically labelled right ring and racist....

So the insurance companies are just going to go away?

Possibly, that is the overall goal of this law is anyway. I will find it hard for companies to survive long term.

Medical care will become a cash only business?

Hope so, this would benefit everyone. The combination of legislation and people using health insurance as a form of management of their health instead actually using it as insurance, has exploded the actual cost of care. We can all agree that the evolution of technology has made things easier and efficient. Name any industry...except health care.

I'm not going to get into specifics because I've done it too many time on this board RE: Health Care economics, and because I'm a provider who actually provides health care to numerous people regardless of their ability to pay. My practice is strictly cash based (sometimes to do pro bono work), and most times my office visits are cheaper than actual co-pays. I serve a large portion of people on Medicaid and Medicare who choose to come to me because I negotiate prices that they will be able to pay. I rely on my actual clinical skill to provide services where I do not have to over utilize certain diagnostics that costs money. Close to 90% of the actual health care costs are a result of the hospitals (which is another FUBAR and convoluted issue).

The fact is that there is access to care, regardless if you are able to pay. There are numerous community hospitals and voluntary hospitals ie non-profit hospitals that provide care, most times free for people with the inability to pay because they receive funding from endowments and donations.

Hate to bring out old thread. But recieved a letter in mail from IRS? Talking about signing up or ask questions about healthcare options. I already have health care still through my peoples. I call the number but its bogus with people saying, I cant hear you call back later??? Wtf is this? Anybody have any insight?

It looks as if WebMD and your local Funeral Parlor's websites will be getting a lot of traffic soon. Thanks Donald Trump.

It looks as if WebMD and your local Funeral Parlor's websites will be getting a lot of traffic soon. Thanks Donald Trump.

unfortunately, this is true if the R folks get what they want.

A true critique of the ACA is the deductibles can be high, that could/should be solved, but what does no insurance get you when you need medical care?

Last edited:
The website is bad but you played yourself for jumping on in January

That the starts of adult benefits.
Plusnit the end of the month and you run the risk of. Ot starting actual coverage til 2/1

Also the waiting period once you start coverage

Can i refuse to pay the fine until it is official?

Huh?

Famb, the tax penalty for his tax season will be based on your coverage for 2016.

If the mandate is lifted, it will probably be for 2017 coverage (2018 tax season) going forward.

Back
Top Bottom