High School Mandates a Dress Code for Parents...

Parents barely come to Parent Conferences, so anything that discourages them from coming, I can't be in favor of. But I get the reasoning behind it.

"I see both sides."

You can tell in this thread who grew up privlidged and who didnt

Luckily Madison ain't a hood school like Yates or Worthing... They would raise HELL if this happened there

our dress code at work is lax so i dress pretty bummy compared to most of the other parents. my son attends a good private school and some of parents dress pretty nice. i show up and participate and i'm an active parent in my son's life so that's all i'm worried about.

Luckily Madison ain't a hood school like Yates or Worthing... They would raise HELL if this happened there

I grew up in the hood. You trying to justify coming out the house looking any kind of way based on upbringing? Y’all always got excuses bruh. A pair of Levi’s cost $35. A pack of white Hanes t’s is $9.

But you know, I’m gone spend that money on a pint of remy or some weed. ****outtahere bruh. I see this stuff everyday in my hood.

You ain’t gotta be decked out in jewels and velvet but damn, come decently.

And I still live my same hood, FYI. You mean it’s BAD to make an effort, for hygienes sake, to come to your child’s school presentable?

Them same pajamas, socks and bonnet gone be worn in bed.

I can’t imagine how some of y’all be living. House probably dirty and rancid as hell. You wearing slides all out the house then trekking them dirty *** slides BACK in the house???

Don't think it has anything to do with privilege. It's about having some pride in your appearance. Worked in a head start for while, couldn't tell how many moms would come in with pajamas and no bra.

I grew up in the hood and my mother wouldn't be caught dead in pajamas or "house shoes"

:rofl:

It costs the same to buy wranglers as it does to buy pajama bottoms and sometimes cost more for the pajama bottoms :rofl: stop all that

I don't know these parents lives and everything they have to do to get themselves and their kids there.

But that potential struggle doesn't restrict a person from not coming up there in short shorts and a tube top.

Don't think it has anything to do with privilege. It's about having some pride in your appearance. Worked in a head start for while, couldn't tell how many moms would come in with pajamas and no bra.

I don't think it's just about pride in appearance, also consider being a distraction to students who are underage children. Mama rollin' up with her T&A out is going to draw a lot of attention and she doesn't even have to be stacked.

I can’t imagine how some of y’all be living. House probably dirty and rancid as hell. You wearing slides all out the house then trekking them dirty *** slides BACK in the house???

This is exactly what I think when I see people who wear pajamas and house shoes out in public. You know damn well they haven't showered and brushed their teeth either. If they're so lazy that they can't put some clothes on, imagine how lazy and disgusting they are in other aspects of life

Dude acted like if you grew up poor homies ran around with no pants on :rofl:

Bebe’s kid head ahhhhh

My high school, elementary and middle school all was in the hood...

It was a damn fashion show everyday.

When I was going to high school, the first thing people talked about (not the curriculum, principle, teachers, or violence)... “you know ____ high school is going to be a fashion show? All they care about is if you got a raw dress code” :lol:

the principal was on Ellen for her successful elementary school just like em. They probably recruited her to that school n everything

I grew up in the hood. You trying to justify coming out the house looking any kind of way based on upbringing? Y’all always got excuses bruh. A pair of Levi’s cost $35. A pack of white Hanes t’s is $9.

But you know, I’m gone spend that money on a pint of remy or some weed. ****outtahere bruh. I see this stuff everyday in my hood.

You ain’t gotta be decked out in jewels and velvet but damn, come decently.

And I still live my same hood, FYI. You mean it’s BAD to make an effort, for hygienes sake, to come to your child’s school presentable?

Them same pajamas, socks and bonnet gone be worn in bed.

< Same cat who posted slides in the WDYWT. I don't give a damn. I will without question go outside in some pajamas. **** yall opinion :lol:

At the end of the day, I don't think this will last long. Parents will wear whatever they want to. How you gonna tell someone granny who comes up in the school in a mumu to changer her clothes before you let her in to pick up her grandchild? Wild disrespectful. They gonna protest the hell outta this

One of the worst story's to go viral.

We talking about a HS so the parents coming into the school is minimal at best. People act like they can't wear a certain fit dropping/ picking up which isn't the case here at all. I feel like if you do have some business where you need to go in the school than absolutely should a dress code be enforced, People saying they'll do whatever they please forget most HS have police officers & who wants to deal with that.

If you think it's appropriate to wear PJs to a parent teacher conf, enrolling your kid, graduation than idk what to tell you besides having zero class.

Don’t see a problem and she’s not the only school enforcing a dress code for parents . I live in a predominantly white area and they have a dress code for the parents as well since they come to the school with rollers an pajamas looking a damn mess .

< Same cat who posted slides in the WDYWT. I don't give a damn. I will without question go outside in some pajamas. **** yall opinion :lol:

At the end of the day, I don't think this will last long. Parents will wear whatever they want to. How you gonna tell someone granny who comes up in the school in a mumu to changer her clothes before you let her in to pick up her grandchild? Wild disrespectful. They gonna protest the hell outta this

Dummy, since when did I EVER post slides in WDYWT??? You must’ve got me mistaken with someone else. I haven’t even posted in that thread in years...

I just bought a pair of slides like a year ago after having not a had a pair in quite a while. I live in Florida and I wear slides to the beach or boating. The pair of slides I wear is strictly for my house and and when I’m driving from work.

Back
Top Bottom