Honest Opinion On Yellowing?

The only yellowing I truly hate is the yellowing on the clear nets on the Vs I can handle yellowing on the outsole but net yellowing is a no no :smh:

The only yellowing I truly hate is the yellowing on the clear nets on the Vs I can handle yellowing on the outsole but net yellowing is a no no
mean.gif
This. That netting kills me. 
mean.gif

I have to say i used to care about it....but now not so much....LOVE MY XI'S piss and all
wink.gif

i can't stand it. only have space jams and columbias for black/white options. and cool greys for in the middle. but i can't stand yellowing and the fact that it inevitably yellows. looks terrible for such nice shoes. same reason why i avoided penny 5s (love design) and the jason kidd ones

Last edited:
JB lovvvves yellowing. Makes all of us wanna buy the same retro 5 years later because the ones we have are all yellowed. That massively drives people to buy again. Tons of people passed on these FR3's because they still have pairs from 06 that look great.

I hate yellowing, drives me insane. That's another reason why people hate GM's. They are identical and icy and it pisses everyone with real but yellowed concords/SJ's off.

I do not believe there has ever been substantial evidence that zip locking does any detriment to vintage athletic footwear, b
no but in all honesty dont you think that materials need oxygen to not dry out? materials will dry out without oxygen and can be damaged by moisture as well so the answer should be your shoes need to be in an environment where they get oxygen but not too much moisture. its a fine balance that unless you have a humidor is impossible to get perfect but IMO ziplocks (zipped that is) would be bad for any shoe especially shoes that midsoles tend to crumble.

no but in all honesty dont you think that materials need oxygen to not dry out? materials will dry out without oxygen and can be damaged by moisture as well so the answer should be your shoes need to be in an environment where they get oxygen but not too much moisture. its a fine balance that unless you have a humidor is impossible to get perfect but IMO ziplocks (zipped that is) would be bad for any shoe especially shoes that midsoles tend to crumble.

I honestly don't think inanimate objects need oxygen lol. exposure to the air only makes thing age more, living things need it to breath but sneakers don't breath. and if the shoe is aging slower it should also dry out slower

like I said tho if anybody has zip locked a sneaker and it crumbled please step forward

The reason why yellow soles bug people. Is because the way as fresh they had clear soles. It's all a look" thing for people

So what happens when JB retros the Space Jam again in a year or two and they come out with icey blue soles (like all the other recent retros). Then what?

Then I'll double cop them. They will eventually turn some sort of yellow. Don't really care about yellowing or staying icy blue. All I need is authenticity. I wear all my shoes and don't intend on keeping them icy in the box forever anyways. Fools in the gym be hating everytime I ball in my Space Jams. They be like awhhhh hell nah. And they always wanna see the bottom sole and then shake their heads when they see the yellowing.

If it yellows over time I don't care, but I personally don't go looking for the yellow. Also depends on the shoe. On my cool grey spizikes it looks hideous

Yeah, my Cool Greys seem to have yellowed at a waaaay more rapid pace than my SJs and Concords. Wonder why that is.

Icey soles yellows that's unavoidable. The good thing about Jordan's, is that by the time they yellow they will be re-released again. The yellowing on my Carmine's look awful, but I love how they look on my 1999 metallics fives.

I think the combination of a dehumidifier, silica packs, and a cooler room temp will help a lot in the longevity of sneakers

Lmao :lol: :rofl: saying ur ok with yellowing on icey soles is like saying yeah im ok with my teeth yellowing also, it gives my teeth character :lol: :rofl:

I honestly don't think inanimate objects need oxygen lol. exposure to the air only makes thing age more, living things need it to breath but sneakers don't breath. and if the shoe is aging slower it should also dry out slower

like I said tho if anybody has zip locked a sneaker and it crumbled please step forward
ok then go seal up a pair of patent leather shoes for a good while, dont let them breathe and watch them crack and crumble. enjoy your destroyed XIs when they crack and seperate from the ziploc bags, or your 6s or 3s or 4s when the midsole crumbles early because they didnt "Breathe". We've seen the pics of typically wearable shoes that crumble because of the bags or saran wrapping them. i mean do what you want but its def not helping anything. My DMP XIs look mad icy and i wear them all the time but i also clean them after each wear so id go with its how you care for them as well as storing them in a room temp place without too much humidity.

I prefer soles that are icy and i cant stand when a shoe becomes yellowed. It makes me want to get rid of them once they yellow...

Back
Top Bottom