Houston Rockets Thread 2023/2024 - Rockets Record?? #BoutFieHunnit

i'm ****ing pumped for game 3. huge night. hope they come out ready to play. after russ's horrible game 6 against okc, he came out and took care of the ball game 7. i'm expecting the same thing tonight. if harden and eg shoot efficiently tonight then we should be good.

i'm ****ing pumped for game 3. huge night. hope they come out ready to play. after russ's horrible game 6 against okc, he came out and took care of the ball game 7. i'm expecting the same thing tonight. if harden and eg shoot efficiently tonight then we should be good.

And limiting the Lakers' "others" as well. Anybody left open will eventually hit shots, and them doing that to Morris last game cost them. This game needs to be about everybody having a role, doing it correctly, and making sure the Lakers feel as uncomfortable as they did game 1.

just can't get off to a slow start. we spotted them 16 not because we couldn't stop them, but because rotations were sloppy. keep making life tough on AD. if he beats us with fadeaway 18 footers, so be it. don't let him get to the FT line. also, can't let kuzma, rondo, and morris to combine for 16/24 for 39 points.

we shot great in game 2 but russ stunk. I expect our shooting to cool off but russ to play better. like pug said, he stunk in game 6, called himself out in the postgame and was "better". his handle was sloppy the turnovers were mostly unforced. It's funny because I think we're in a real good spot if he just tries to stat hunt assists. just cut to the FT line when harden gets doubled, play 4 on 3, and pick the open shooter. at some point, they'll ignore him to the point he can get layups and dunks.

last, I thought harden did a lot of good things throughout the game. he made the right pass when they doubled, and was aggressive when they didn't. shot well, got to the line, facilitated etc. Harden's next step in his progression is to stay aggressive even when teams double. doesn't mean fire up bad shots, but if they double, pass it, and start moving. relocate off ball. he'll be even more of a nightmare when he's moving while the defense is scrambling.

Harden moving off ball is a pipe dream at this point.

But I agree I with him attacking Earlier instead of waiting for the double team. I saw a few plays when he just attacks he draws like 3 guys, he completely collapses the Lakers defense. I’m not expecting 42% from 3 again but that’s not needed if you play defense, limit turnovers, and Russ plays like an NBA starter. The open shots will be there

Harden moving off ball is a pipe dream at this point.

But I agree I with him attacking Earlier instead of waiting for the double team. I saw a few plays when he just attacks he draws like 3 guys, he completely collapses the Lakers defense. I’m not expecting 42% from 3 again but that’s not needed if you play defense, limit turnovers, and Russ plays like an NBA starter. The open shots will be there

This. Sucks that they lost while doing that, but they don't even need that to win. It basically took Marcus Morris playing out of his mind for the Lakers to win along with Russ being a disaster, and LA still damn near lost.

Damn this is a huge blow. Basketball not the end all be all though so I hope everything is alright in his personal life

Pretty much. Ideally this means that MDA is forced to expand the rotation, instead of just adding minutes to the starters. You should not run a 7 man rotation tonight by any means, especially when the Lakers find a way for some of their back end players to see the floor.

I can feel Mclemore hitting 4 3s tonight if MDA plays him. He’s not being hunted defensively so I think you can get away with playing him 10-15 minutes

Another game of leaving an “other” open, and getting nothing from guys you needed to get stuff from. Rondo should never impact a game like that in 2020. Rivers has the highest +/- on the team tonight, but him and Mclemore again did nothing, and I’m not all that sure Mclemore in particular had a chance to. But like I’ve said around this time for maybe the third year in a row, you need to be able to play various guys throughout the season so they won’t be a fish out of water when you put them in during important stretches. House’s presence was missed, but again, this was winnable, and they continue to shoot themselves in the foot. Gotta tie this series up, Just have to wait on the updates for House and Roco next game.
8C5995E3-18C1-4D06-9350-AC507CCC41CB.png
0857DFE7-F5BD-4EF3-9948-8063D4345EDA.png

also, can't let kuzma, rondo, and morris to combine for 16/24 for 39 points.

Their bench outplayed our bench. Russ was better but still not there yet. Not having House hurt.

harden played well, but we have to be better when he gets doubled. Before the warriors became the warriors, teams took steph out of the game by trapping the ball out of his hands. Started moving him off ball more. Need to implement more of the same. Sometimes we get too stubborn thinking if harden gets doubled, we’ll get an open shot somewhere else. That may be true, but other teams want the others to shoot. Need to do more schematically to keep James shooting.

It is up 100% to the players to level up, cause there will be zero changes from MDA. He went down in 16/17 doing this, caught a break with Paul’s injury in 17/18, went down again in 18/19 doing the same, and he’s heading towards sinking them again. We will see.

Why does harden have to come in at the 9 minute mark? MDA really isn’t going to make a single adjustment huh? I’ll be glad when this ***** gone

This situation is getting weirder and weirder as the hour passes. I expect for a ton of other details by the time I roll over in the morning. There’s even the supposed chick’s IG and snap stories popping up. I still would like to know what Tyson Chandler’s involvement is, cause reading between the lines, Tyson may have tried to cover for him.

House no show in 2 straight Western Semis when we needed him the most. If the rumor's true and he's suspended for the rest of round 2, he's probably played his last game with us. No way he can regain the trust of his teammates.

Doubt MDA will be making the adjustments I'd like him to make but I think we still win game 4, House or no House.

This situation is getting weirder and weirder as the hour passes. I expect for a ton of other details by the time I roll over in the morning. There’s even the supposed chick’s IG and snap stories popping up. I still would like to know what Tyson Chandler’s involvement is, cause reading between the lines, Tyson may have tried to cover for him.

Yeah makes sense that chandler tried to claim she was his. He doesn’t play anyway so if they suspended him then whatever. Losing house hurts though. One less solid shooter to spread the floor with. Felt like we definitely missed his presence second half of the last game.

Well, now things are looking REALLY bad, but for the NBA
7AFD3B0A-EEF8-4E65-A629-36BEB8C2F57B.jpeg

It’s looking like he’s being punished before they legitimately have any proof of anything at all. Jumped the gun and it could be costly for the Rockets, and House’s general personal life. I don’t care to get into conspiracy theories, but they’re not making it hard to think about.

They need to do everything they can to win this game. It’s pretty much been proven that the NBA jumped the gun and botched this entire situation, and all that’ll happen is getting some faux apology two days later. Winning solves everything and the players need to know that.

Back
Top Bottom