How fast can you run a mile?

I think my best in high school was low 6:30's. Not so sure about now, maybe 7:00.

4:20 in high school.

1500: 4:00 in college.

i ran track in college though, so thats cheating, i guess.

6:20 right now.. On a track... If you guys are talking treadmill times i hope you are rocking an incline otherwise that mess is like cheating

i need to start prepping. I want to get my mile time down to about 6:30 or and 1.5 mile to around 9-9.30.

Originally Posted by kiendienn

go to a specialized running store and get a gait analysis (usually free)
this will determine your pronation and how your feet strike when you run

from there, they will be able to recommend you specialized running shoes to compensate for any irregularities

i was training for my half marathon a year back, and my back started to hurt like crazy, and i thought i was just sleeping wrong, turns out my fallen arches caused me to overpronate, bought some brooks and running has been
pimp.gif
 ever since

should probably stay away from nikes when it comes to running shoes

all of this.. funny thing on the shoes though, the best ones for me are the nike structure triax..

didn't run the mile (or any long distance for that matter).. but my best timed mile was 5:04 when i was in the 9th grade (8th grade for the US folks.. since we start school at a younger age than you guys, which i found out when i went to transfer to a US boarding school)

i was a good 200 runner.. soo i ran the mile like a ran the 400, pace myself with someone until i could turn it into a sprint

My all-time best is 5:17 - that was 18 years ago though.

I'm ashamed to say I'm not sure if I could break 15 mins now.

Fastest ever was like 6:50 running my first 5k almost to two years ago.

I can run 7-8 miles consistently. I typically run 5 miles a day at 8 minute miles for work outs.

Idk
But my navy Pfa is 1.5 @ 10 min right now.
Used to run it in under 9 min.
pimp.gif

Catch me tubbies!

Jogged a mile in about 11 minutes last night. That was a pretty slow jog too. If I tried to actually run an entire mile, I would guess 7 or 8 minutes

Originally Posted by Gameboi86

I'll get about 5 minutes into a jog and I will start getting shin splints. 
mad.gif

anyone know how to get rid of them? it seriously be pissing me off.

ive never timed myself. i just go out there and kill my daily 6 miles..

I dont run it fast because that's how your hurt yourself.

I keep it between 7-9 min each mile over 5 miles usually.

If Im going three or less Ill keep it in the 7:00-7:45 range.

Originally Posted by Demps

Originally Posted by Gameboi86

I'll get about 5 minutes into a jog and I will start getting shin splints. 
mad.gif

anyone know how to get rid of them? it seriously be pissing me off.

ive never timed myself. i just go out there and kill my daily 6 miles..

Proper stretching and better running shoes if you're running on cement daily. Proper shoes make all the difference, a cheap pair of shoes that doesn't absorb shock and repetitive force against your joints will bog down your run and leave you sore. Nike hands down make the best running shoes. Make sure your shoes have durability, light weight, cushioning, absorbent and responsiveness, the shoe has to contour with your foot.

Running in basketball shoes, boots, old sneakers etc are a fail before you even start. 

PR is 4:36 (for 1600m)

Right now I average between 6:15-6:45 for long distance runs.

I love the trolling answers of anything below 4:00 on here. Nobody is Bernard Lagat on NT, I saw the "How much do u weigh" thread
laugh.gif

Back when I was in the army my best 2-mile was 12:05

So I'm guessing I ran the first mile in 5-something. Don't know the exact time though.

That was like 11 years ago. Now?....pfffftttt...

Back
Top Bottom